Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

Registered
I think this is the bit that I'm sceptical about. I believe it can be done, but do I believe that this government will invest the cash to achieve the goal?
Just like everything else it will be left up to private companies until the very last second when the government realise it needs big investment or it'll collapse.

There are companies already taking up the mantle, Instavolt are installing 15-20 car charging station "Hubs" and the first "Electric Forecourt" is opening in Braintree this month with plans for 100 more in the next five years... the infrastructure will appear very quickly but at some point it will need more government... input.

I think the problem current petrol stations are going to face is the things like the Electric Forecourt because it's going to make them look very outdated very quickly.

Registered
Wouldn't it be funny if on the news in say 2031, the government of the time announced that they are going to ban the sale of all EVs because hydrogen is so much better. After all, 10 years is a long time.

Wouldn't we all laugh? 馃え

Registered
2017 Golf GTE
Wouldn't it be funny if on the news in say 2031, the government of the time announced that are going to ban the sale of all EVs because hydrogen is so much better. After all, 10 years is a long time.

Wouldn't we all laugh? 馃え
2031 would be about the time another big rethink is due. Ten years back diesel was going to save us all.

It's all a good laugh!

Registered
Charge drains.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts