Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon to be new owner here. Sorry if this has been asked before. I have read that the 8 buttons that look like radio station pre-sets can in fact be coded to do many things. Two questions:

1 What do i3 drivers actually use these for?
2 Are the short cuts easy to set up and if so how?

Mike

·
Registered
724 Posts
I use No. 1 as “Drive home” in the SatNav. All the others for radio stations. I can’t remember how to do it but it will be in the manual; not difficult.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I asked the same question when I got my car, see the post.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bluetooth audio, toggle split screen, all radio stations must, call wife, two radio station presets, recent nav destinations, check tire pressure.

·
Registered
426 Posts
In my case I use 7 for split screen and 8 to start the Rex.

If I remember correctly when you are in the menu for an item like split screen keep pressing one of the button until it is done. I can't remember if there is a bleep.

·
Registered
2015 60aH REX
4 Posts
Two are used to select profiles for me and my wife. I am fussy about my mirror settings.
One navigates home (yes, I know the way, but if you turn the spoken instructions off it gives you the distance and you can compare it with the range left according to the GOM)
And one toggles Hold State of Charge (Euro-spec or coded cars only).

·
Registered
281 Posts
I use No. 1 as “Drive home” in the SatNav. All the others for radio stations. I can’t remember how to do it but it will be in the manual; not difficult.
To assign it is just find the option in the systems and press and hold the button for about 3 seconds. I have managed to accidentally re-assign keys by being a bit heavy handed while driving ?‍♂

·
Registered
331 Posts
8 is REX, 5,6,7 are different map views/twin screen......1,2,3 radio stations......4 I am saving for the hyperdrive modification :alien:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts