Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hachy on Twitter

For those who don't speak Dutch, The New Motion charge point, using The New Motion RFID, 11kW three-phase charging, €0.35/minute.
Using the same New Motion charge point, with a Plugsurfing RFID, it's a quarter the price.

The example is 1 hour long charge at 11kW, and €21 is absurdly expensive (works out at €1.90/kWh). These are not rapid chargers (max 22kW on DC), and so any overstay penalty to prevent 'slow' charging vehicles from hogging them is ridiculous. Imagine the cost if someone with a 3.6kW single phase plug-in-hybrid were to try to get a reasonable charge from it. The tariff is over twice as expensive to use the AC connector on the same charge point as the CCS or Chademo with a The New Motion RFID.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are 22kW Chademo/CCS/Type 2 triple-headed, so not rapid chargers. Ideal for Outlanders - which can only charge at 22kW on their 'rapid' charging chademo socket, but any AC charging vehicle pays way over the odds.
This tariff will adversely affect:
Teslas without Chademo adapter
Renault Zoe
BMW i3 without DC prep
Mercedes B class
Smart ED
BYD e6
and any AC charging EV, because even if the AC charging vehicle could accept the charge at 22kW - the same as the DC outlets, they're getting charged extra. Since it's charged per hour on The New Motion's own tariff, those with slower charging vehicles - whatever connector - get penalised anyway.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In other words: we should avoid TNM cards and get a Plugsurfing card?
For that particular chargepoint. TNM are claiming that it's an anomaly; I have a feeling that like CYC, they let the site hosts dictate some rather dubious tariffs. I know that they did run the same software for the backend as CYC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts