Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a trip to make to Northumberland to the funeral of my wife's aunt and will probably take a hire car. It seems that the agreement between Renault and Enterprise is an urban myth. Unless you know different. All I know is when I asked Enterprise the operator said, 'I don't know about that' and when I spoke to my dealer this morning he knew nothing about it either.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Must admit, not yet. My dealer is talking about something which might be to my advantage and I am waiting for him to come back to me. I have a ticket running with RCS and I am expecting Raquel to email me tomorrow and I will bring it up then.

If anyone has used the agreement, it would be nice to hear from them how it went.

·
Registered
610 Posts
It was explicitly mentioned in the Sales Brochure for my Fluence (Enterprise were not named though). When I asked for a price - in 2014 - if it was discounted, they were having a laugh. I found a local firm who undercut them by 50% so that's what I did.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My Zoe has had to be recovered (again ) because of a fault with 12v battery. New phone number to call, and they've sorted me out with a hire car from Enterprise for five days. Never been offered that before, always been at the mercy of the dealership.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Buzby Checked my brochure last night and didn't find any reference to a hire car. Not heard of anyone with a Zoe getting a discount with Enterprise on these fora, just vague references to a discount. Still waiting for RCS to get back to me.

As in @Shona case, I have been offered a hire car from Enterprise when flat-bedded but I need one for a specific journey. No worries if there is no discount I'll just hunt around for the best deal. We still don't know the day and time of the funeral yet. This is a busy time for Undertakers.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hire car is petrol, which I'll pay for.
Keep your receipts. Renault will refund the petrol, when Zoe comes back to you.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it's done. Booked an A class Merc for £64 for 1 day + night rate and a local hotel for £38.50. SWMBO is dead set against taking Zoe as it is impossible to rely on the charging and cost nearly as much as the rental (8/9 charges with 4 hours waiting) .

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Latest reply from RCS:

In regards to the discount with Enterprise Rental for Zoe owners, I am afraid that I do not have any information on this. However, I think that the best thing to do would be for you to contact UK Customer Relations.

I'll try contacting them and see what comes out.

·
Registered
281 Posts
There's an old review in Autoexpress that mentions it, so I guess it must have been in a press release at some point, even if it never actually was available.

"Failing that, the company offers a 25 per cent discount on renting a conventional petrol or diesel car from Enterprise, should you wish to drive further afield."

Renault ZOE

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I put this on here a couple of days ago when I changed the title. I may have put in on another thread. Old age is really setting in at the moment. Life is it bit fraught.

Reply email from RCS -

'In this case, I have emailed our Product Manager for the ZOE here at Renault UK. He has confirmed we did offer a 5% discount about four years ago for Enterprise hire cars for ZOE owners. However, this discount has now stopped and is no longer available.'

So it did exist, now it doesn't. Sorted.

·
Registered
610 Posts
But the 5% was off the rack rate - if you wanted a weekend deal, it was cheaper to rent directly as it was cheaper without the code. No wonder nobody used it!

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
But the 5% was off the rack rate - if you wanted a weekend deal, it was cheaper to rent directly as it was cheaper without the code. No wonder nobody used it!
Quite right, even now Enterprise aren't the cheapest. Though they do deliver to your door, which is handy.

A quick note though. Never assume. I hired an A class Merc '66' reg, from a local company for £64 day and night rate. Picked it up a 5.30 pm and then went home to pack the car, ready to pick SWMBO up from work at 7 pm to drive right away. When I got it home I found that the sat nav had no SD card:eek:. Frantic search of the house for our old Garmin, which I wasn't certain we hadn't given away. Fortunately it was in the gubbins cupboard.

When I handed it back this morning (I had told them Wed, that we were off to Northumberand) and pointed this out to them. I was told that they took them out as they were frequently stolen. I said that this information should have been told to me prior to departure. Then there was some prevarication and I was told that I shouldn't expect sat nav as not all cars have them and that it £500 quid for them to get one:ROFLMAO:. I took that to imply that they didn't have one, and the moon is made of blue cheese and babies are found under blueberry bushes. This was a brand new Merc for goodness sake:whistle:. I'll leave the rest to you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Agreed, I wasn't trying to say it was any good just that it did actually exist .....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts