Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Bjorn’s reply when asked this question after posting Audi Q4 Test.

Bjørn Nyland
2 days ago
Nope. Not next weekend. Hyundai will lend me an Ioniq 5 press car in July 26.
Bjorn has just released a You Tube Video ‘ News Update about Model Y ..........’ and in the first 2 mins 45 secs confirms that he has the Ioniq 5 on Test for 29 hours (only) on 26th/27th July.

He also provides additional thoughts on this delay and the time restriction.

If Hyundai is not worried about a poor Range result the delay and time restriction must be because the Company don’t know or don’t care about his influence on prospective EV Buyers.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I still don't understand the love for all these varied measurement stats - surely m/kWh (or km/kWh) makes most sense? Same principle as MPG everyone knows and very easy to figure out likely range based on your battery size and current consumption. The kWh/100km figure favoured in mainland Europe just seems a bit awkward to me. :\
MPH or m/KWh isn't linear. There's a much bigger difference between 5mpg to 10mpg that 50-60mpg for example.

Per a fixed distance is linear.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Just watched the YT “quickcarreview” channel review of the Ioniq 5 P45 and they got 18.6 kWh / 100km in varied driving but what looks to be very warm and sunny conditions. This equates to just 3.3-3.5 mi/kWh. Not brilliant.
I am pretty sure in a cold and wintry UK this car will dip to low 2’s..
It is very well equipped but a bit of a lard-arse really.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
For comparison, my lifetime average in the M3P is 350 Wh/mi = 2.85 miles/kWh. Lots of local trips probably hasn't helped.

Interestingly, ABRP gives almost exactly the same advice when you plan a route for an M3P or an AWD I5 on 20s.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Our Kona says 4miles per on average. With 4 people and air con we're getting 5 at the moment. I'm going to miss that

41 - 47 of 47 Posts