Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
e208 arriving today from Onto so I thought I’d better download the Peugeot iPhone app and create an account…

Am I missing something here…I can’t even get it to create an acount… I can put my email address, chosen password and name in, but as soon as go to select ‘Mr’ from the title drop down the screen goes blank white and nothing else happens.

Have tried reinstalling the app - same thing.

Doesn’t seem to be any way of creating the account via web page - only in the app.

Now charging an old Android phone to try that instead.

Not a good start… :LOL:

·
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Android let me create the account.

Now trying to negotiate the next step :ROFLMAO:

This is seriously amateur.

·
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hallelujah.

Something that should be completely straightforward, took an hour and two phones on differing operating systems.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
991 Posts
Anything to do with the app software development team at PSA Group for any of their cars is shamefully poor. It would appear that the skillset of their developers is inadequate and the management of the team is woefully inept.

The only way we are ever going to see anything change for the better is to have them shamed publicly into getting something useful done about it.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
758 Posts
I managed it on iOS. It was a complete stab in the dark at several stages, with very little feedback from the app on whether something has worked or not, but I got it done.

You'll have to do several journeys of (IIRC) > 20 min for setup to complete. But once it's finger it seems pretty reliable. I mean mine crashes every time I open it, but apart from that...

Reactions: Bill N

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
991 Posts
I managed it on iOS. It was a complete Susan in the dark at several stages, with very little feedback from the app on whether something has worked or not, but I got it done.

You'll have to do several journeys of (IIRC) > 20 min for setup to complete. But once it's finger it seems pretty reliable. I mean mine crashes every time I open it, but apart from that...
I'm assuming you got the settings to show volume units in kWh? Consumption in miles/kWh or kWh/100 miles? Price of fuel in pence/kWh? Considering the EV version is over a year old now... 💩

Likewise, on iOS, every time you get a notification that there is some communication with the app and you try to open the app, it just hangs and you have to hard quit the app and restart it.

The problem is that there doesn't appear to be much development, if any, of the app and the on the server-side... just ineptitude.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,607 Posts
I’ve not had too many issues with the app except sometimes it won’t refresh to give the latest information about charging. Preconditioning works a treat!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Has anybody else’s 208 app gone a bit haywire. Have lost battery charge info and page loadings look different. Also now says our car is due it’s first service in 2 weeks or 5000 miles. We are over 4000 miles now.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Think I have sorted it. Just dragged the page down and held it in place with my thumb(to update it) and it seemed to swap back to EV mode. The previous app page had mpg and fuel tank symbol!

·
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Despite the initial difficulties in registering an account, and despite the multitude of terrible reports and reviews about the Peugeot app, I have to say that (so far!) it’s been the most reliable app I’ve used (out of this, BMW & Hyundai).

I had some concern about schedule pre-conditions not working, but having checked the car settings I’m now pretty sure that was due to a wrong day light saving setting.

The app has plenty of room improvement, but so far is doing ok. (I really hope I haven’t jinxed it now!)

·
Registered
606 Posts
App Still not up to date with charge info. Does not seems to like evenings! Accurate in the morning generally.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Don’t forget to set up the app you also need to be in the car with your phone and the key

I found waving the key near the steering column seemed to kickstart it - could have been coincidence

also switch Bluetooth off and on helped

then you need to go on a few journeys

on the old e208 (after some initial issues) it’s been working perfectly for almost a year (apart from the app hanging on the pug screen)

may least it keeps you logged in

the Renault zoe one used to make you log in every time - which is a PITA made 100x worse is you have a long email and password

JJ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts