Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

761 - 780 of 785 Posts

·
Yes I'm a girl! Girls can be EV nerds too ;-)
646 Posts
With a bit of playing this evening, I’ve put this chart together to get an idea of my degradation profile. It isn’t great. Nissan have it back in for the 4th time tomorrow but are convinced the BNS update has been successful. Who knows, depending on what SOH it drops down to 8 bars I might actually get a new battery, although Nissan only guarantee to return battery health to 9 bars!

Bit fed up with the battery, but the car has been great as a whole. No desperate reason to get rid of it so we’ll see what happens. View attachment 121267
I love a good chart/ graph :)

·
Yes I'm a girl! Girls can be EV nerds too ;-)
646 Posts
Hi,
So I have a leaf 30 2016. From new.

Added my stats to the graph a while ago.

It’s not looking great - I know. It has had the BMS update.
I decided to keep it not hand it back and when it’s fully paid off my daughter should be driving so she can have it. She’s not right Impressed with that idea though (wants a Zoe - they’re cuter apparently!).

It was a difficult decision to be honest, keep or return at he end of the PCP, but I couldn’t afford the £100+ a month jump for the 40 and another 30 would’ve cost me about £7k more than buying this so I decided to keep it. Certainly couldn’t imagine going back to an ICE.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Hi,

I decided to keep it not hand it back and when it’s fully paid off my daughter should be driving so she can have it. She’s not right Impressed with that idea though (wants a Zoe - they’re cuter apparently!).

It was a difficult decision to be honest, keep or return at he end of the PCP, but I couldn’t afford the £100+ a month jump for the 40 and another 30 would’ve cost me about £7k more than buying this so I decided to keep it. Certainly couldn’t imagine going back to an ICE.
Honestly I don't think that's too bad considering you have done 72k miles.

·
Registered
417 Posts
those leaf spy stats look great to me, still got 86% soh after 72k miles, to be honest i,d be happy with that.

Hi,

·
Registered
56 Posts
not sure whats happened but my previous post in this thread appears to have vanished?
my previous figures have been eradicated...

anyway owned the car for 2.5 months now
24kwh
AHr 60.49
SOH 92.50%
HX 90.63%
Odo 13832
16 QC, 766 L1/L2
an update having now owned the car for 7 months or so... i have done a few rapids lately so i thought id check my stats :

AHr 63.44
SOH 97%
HX 95.14%
Odo 17827
24 QC, 860 L1/L2
275 GIDs remaining

·
Registered
504 Posts
I've just checked the SOH on my 2.5 yr old 30kWh Leaf and it's at 100.60%!. It's done just over 31k miles and I normally charge to 70 or 80% and then once a month upto 100% to balance the battery. We have just returned from a trip in it to the South of France which I thought may have had some negative impact of the SOH but it appears not. It's just a shame that we will be selling it very soon to make way for the e-niro....

SOH.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've just checked the SOH on my 2.5 yr old 30kWh Leaf and it's at 100.60%!. It's done just over 31k miles and I normally charge to 70 or 80% and then once a month upto 100% to balance the battery. We have just returned from a trip in it to the South of France which I thought may have had some negative impact of the SOH but it appears not. It's just a shame that we will be selling it very soon to make way for the e-niro....

View attachment 122601
This doesn't make sense does it?! Have you got your model selected correctly in the options?

·
Registered
504 Posts
This doesn't make sense does it?! Have you got your model selected correctly in the options?
Yep, model and year correct. I'm also still seeing the GOM showing around 100 miles when at 75% charge which was roughly the same as new. The battery longevity could also be due to my driving style, trying to stick to 2 bubbles of power when driving and coasting upto roundabouts etc. when safe to do so.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Yep, model and year correct. I'm also still seeing the GOM showing around 100 miles when at 75% charge which was roughly the same as new. The battery longevity could also be due to my driving style, trying to stick to 2 bubbles of power when driving and coasting upto roundabouts etc. when safe to do so.
What is your charging regime?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
What is your charging regime?
LEAF30 only certain models received LBC firmware update (4A/4B). LBC version 6A often reports 100% SoH. It had nothing to do with real SoH just how software reports it. I doubt any Leaf30 can actually do 120 miles (100% to 20%) ever. I've managed 105 with SoC down to 14%

- Leaf 30 kWh
Sent from mobile phone so please mind the typos

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
The 24kWh Leaf I bought at 2.5 yrs old was showing 100% SOH. The readings from the meter on my charger matched the readings from Leafspy and I was able to add over 20kWh to the battery. It did seem to have a battery that was still at as new capacity. It lasted like that for several months but did drop to about 91% when I sold it 20 moths later at 4 years old, and it wasn't the only one I have seen reported as showing 100% SOH. There wasn't a software update with the 24kWh battery that was doing that, there do seem to be Leafs that are still reporting a very high SOH at 2-3 years old

·
Registered
25 Posts
Plugged my 2016 30KWh Leaf into LeafSpy for the first time today after about 30k miles. Had an unpleasant surprise. SoH at 80.14% though it's still showing 12 bars. I'll have to do some more investigation.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Plugged my 2016 30KWh Leaf into LeafSpy for the first time today after about 30k miles. Had an unpleasant surprise. SoH at 80.14% though it's still showing 12 bars. I'll have to do some more investigation.
Screenshot? BTW do you have the LBC upgrade?

- Leaf 30 kWh

·
Registered
25 Posts
Screenshot? BTW do you have the LBC upgrade?
Here's a screenshot. The car was charged last night, been sitting idle in the garage today. Don't know about the LBC upgrade. I'll have to get back to you on that one. Guess I'll need Leafspy Pro to check that?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Here's a screenshot. The car was charged last night, been sitting idle in the garage today. Don't know about the LBC upgrade. I'll have to get back to you on that one. Guess I'll need Leafspy Pro to check that?
View attachment 122907
Yes. Pro version can get into the version of various bits. If you don't know then it's likely that you don't have it. Call local dealer and get them to check

- Leaf 30 kWh

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just checked my firmware version using LeafSpy Pro. Looks as if I'm missing the update. Another job to add to the list of things to do. Hopefully that'll resolve the poor SoH issue, was getting a bit concerned about that!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Just checked my firmware version using LeafSpy Pro. Looks as if I'm missing the update. Another job to add to the list of things to do. Hopefully that'll resolve the poor SoH issue, was getting a bit concerned about that!
SoH post ~= 57 + 0.43 x (SoH pre)

This would be the expected SoH post update

- Leaf 30 kWh

761 - 780 of 785 Posts
About this Discussion
784 Replies
147 Participants
Hermit Dave
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing