Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sometimes log into this site using Private Browsing for various reasons (or cases like now where I'm setting up a new browser and have to log in) and every time, regardless of what network I'm on, it makes me go through like half a dozen "click all buses" type CAPTCHAs - it's really tiresome, it ends up taking like 5-10 minutes to prove that I'm a human!

·
Administrator
387 Posts
I sometimes log into this site using Private Browsing for various reasons (or cases like now where I'm setting up a new browser and have to log in) and every time, regardless of what network I'm on, it makes me go through like half a dozen "click all buses" type CAPTCHAs - it's really tiresome, it ends up taking like 5-10 minutes to prove that I'm a human!
Unfortunately, that isn't something I can control. (I will report it though.)

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
it ends up taking like 5-10 minutes to prove that I'm a human!
You obviously aren't a good person :)

One problem with most Captchas is that they are usually American, so sometimes things aren't so obvious.
And how much of something has to be in a square? Does a square with the edge of a surround of a traffic light that's strayed over from an adjacent square count as well as the one with the rest of the thing?

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm inconsistent with whether I pick tiny corners of objects in squares or not, or whether I count the poles of traffic lights etc which probably doesn't do me any favours

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yeah it is off putting. Google are trying their hardest to keep you browsing the web while logged into a Google account. If you are logged into a Google account the challenges are much simpler and there are less of them (if any). I wonder if it's worth making a throwaway Google account to use in these situations to save time.

The ones where they keep being replaced and reload really slowly are the most egregious to me :mad:o_O

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah I hate those ones.

taps on fire hydrant
waits a million years
taps on fire hydrant

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've only just realised that you can actually just completely bypass it... just don't tick the box...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts