Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Leaf 40kWh Tekna - love it
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There was a link to this public consultation on two other threads but It may need its own thread to get more exposure and interest.

The consumer experience at public electric vehicle chargepoints - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

As EV drivers, it is our opportunity to possibly influence how future public charging infrastructure is implemented. I spent a good hour and a half filling the questionaire in on line. To do this you have to read a lot of what appears to be technical jargon bordering on gobbledegook. Have a go though.

A couple of items that appeared to be off the mark to me were:-
  • Confusion around requirements for slow (3 - 7 kW) charging and rapid charging to support long distance travel.
  • A desire for the government to be involved in developing a universal app.
My overall impression though (surprise, surprise) was that they had already come up with some plans and that whatever they end up with it was likely to go wrong.

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
I am worried that it will end up with another government white elephant IT project that costs millions and never delivers. However, I gave my feedback - for what little it is probably worth.

Reactions: Neilew

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,972 Posts
I am worried that it will end up with another government white elephant IT project that costs millions and never delivers. However, I gave my feedback - for what little it is probably worth.
Ditto

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
3,312 Posts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts