Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 328 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reading a few threads of returned Leafs, can peeps start listing photos and charges for wear and tear from RCI please. Some of the alloy wheel damage shouldn't have been charged for..... a nick for £55 :mad:

Might help some plan for the cost of repairs prior to returning the vehicle or help them fight the cost.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Great idea for a thread. Can Admin make it a sticky?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I've got two alloys with stone chips on them, according to the guide I'm going to get charged come return, yet if I'd bounced them off a kerb and sustained light scuffs I'd be ok.

Madness. And what is fair wear and tear if not a stone chip?
What guide?

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
@Keiran good to know mate. I will go to my local Nissan dealer and ask their inspection man to have a look first.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We've just damaged our Leaf coming into our driveway. Not sure how to proceed! We're fully comp insurance, on a 3 year PCP but do we repair without insurance (but tell them) via dealer or with independent body shop? Should we leave it till the end of the PCP and get everything done at once? Damage is small but at the base of the rear door panel (not the door itself but just behind) but the panel looks to go all the way to the front! :-D

·
Scottd
3 Posts
i have just had my leaf inspected over this morning by Manheim Autions who do the inspections for a lot of car companys the chap went over it like a fine tooth comb he came up with the following dent on rear door £48 dent on quarter panel £48 scratched smart repair on tailgait £40 my car was gleaming and i disputed damage i told him i would not be signing anything he told be most people question the price for damages and to take it up with Nissan once the bill comes in he said i will give you a tip for future do not wash your car before inspection leave it dirty it is harder to see scratches etc if any of my alloys had been damaged it would be £55 per wheel i have only had pcp deal for 2 years car has done 14000 and i thought it was in perfect condition one of the so called dents was very hard to see and i will definitely be disputing the bill madding thing is the car will be going strait to the car auction

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Mmm, the prices are pretty cheap even if they are finding superfluous damage. Maybe they hope you'll just accept £150 as not worth arguing over.

Not convinced about the "leave the car dirty" angle - that would just mean an inspection at the auction site after they've hosed it down (and hooned it).

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Agree @BlackLeaf the guide does also specifically says the car should be clean. They would be within their rights to reschedule until it is clean and charge you for a 2nd visit i would imagine. On a PCP we have entered a contract and the fair wear and tear conditions are part of that.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Just because the report picked up very minor damage it may not be actioned by RCI - I returned a car last year (to a different finance company) where the inspection listed many items, with photos taken of all, and my report included costs for repair. I was ready to do battle once I received formal notification as I was sure the "damage" was within the fair wear and tear allowances. However my next contact from the finance company simply stated I had no further financial interest in the vehicle and thanked me for my custom.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Firstly, maybe this thread needs moving as it relates to RCI and that also covers the Zoe along with others???

I am reading it as a Zoe owner, as we entered into a 4 year PCP, which we are half way through, and 2 days into ownership some shit dinged the rear three quarter panel in a car park (no note, nothing).

So this thread is giving me a good idea of what to expect in 2 years time...

Although surely after 4 years of ownership they can't expect a perfect condition vehicle, can they?

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
I'd hope that after four years they would be a lot more forgiving than after two years. For starters, the car will be out of warranty so they themselves have to a certain extent suggested that it's likely to be broken :-0

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
£55 a wheel? Both our fronts have been heavily kerbed. How much are allow wheel repairs vs this £55?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Good luck getting them repaired if they are on a tekna, the diamond cut finish is difficult / impossible to repair on some manufacturer's wheels as there is not enough of the finish left to recut.

It may be worth pricing up taking the hit on return or ebay or scrap yard as other options.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Agreed with Aces; I know a place that does regular alloys for £55, but diamond cut are £110 upwards and there is no guarantee they can repair them.

1 - 20 of 328 Posts