Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
321 - 331 of 331 Posts
Quick question and hopefully get an answer here first, otherwise I will have to endure the RCI phone debacle.

My PCP contract finishes on the 1st April, but I’m handing the car back early, a week on Tue (26th Feb). First question, cars second service is due on the 6th March and it is well under its annual mileage. So this won’t be happening as it won’t be in my possession. Can I still be charge me for it?

Second and most importantly, my last PCP payment is due on the 1st March, which I will still pay as I haven’t reached 50% of the contract yet. But as the car will be returned a couple of days before this final payment is due could they class this as an early termination of contract?

Ok quick question, so on V5 am I putting RCI down as the new keeper in section 9 (or alternatively on online form)? Seems logical to me but never returned a PCP before
Surely RCI is not the keeper of the vehicle - you are. RCI is the owner and this may be relevant for insurance purposes but not for V5 purposes.

Sorry, the answer above missed the point that the car was being given up to RCI - who of course then become the keeper.

For everyone else's benefit - yes Mannheim complete section 9 of the V5 and you can send this to DVLA or just complete it online.

My experience of Mannheim was that they came within the two hour slot they said. I had cleaned the car and they took about 20-25 minutes to do the inspection. They identified a minor paint scuff on the rear bumper and kerbing on front wheel (both of which I was aware of) and deemed that both were within the normal wear and tear provisions so no charge. So looks like just an excess mileage charge for me - great news!!

Only bizarre aspects were
1) Having to explain 'warning light' on dash was the seat belt warning light
2) Chasing the driver down the road to explain he hadn't disengaged the handbrake:whistle:

Mine went very smoothly, other than the inspector (if that’s what you call them) turned my car 90 degrees to the drive to take photos as the car was half in, half out of the sun. We then went inside the house to complete the V5, to come back out and watch as the driver drove straight over next doors lawn rather than reverse 6 or 7 feet first:mad:. lucky it’s my Sisters house next door, but still had to explain to her about the tyre tracks across the middle of her lawn:whistle:

Mine got picked up last week. So far looking at £50 for missing v5. £175 for missed service (that's what guy quoted, but contract says £210.) And £55 for a alloy scuff. Nothing for the stone chips or top coat scratches, all deemed fair on 39k miles.

I await the bill.....

I'm coming to the return time and frankly considering it even though I like my car. RCi won't budge on GFV (I know they dont have to, but still, even a few hundred would be nice) so I'm looking at returning it.
The usual question; I have a fairly nasty scratch / dent on the front wing/bumper that I caused by clipping a bollard I didn't see. Should I bother repairing with chipsaway (£250 ish)?

I'm coming to the return time and frankly considering it even though I like my car. RCi won't budge on GFV (I know they dont have to, but still, even a few hundred would be nice) so I'm looking at returning it.
The usual question; I have a fairly nasty scratch / dent on the front wing/bumper that I caused by clipping a bollard I didn't see. Should I bother repairing with chipsaway (£250 ish)? View attachment 126269
I would consider this more than a Chipaway, maybe Dentmaster and Chipaway.

The few hundred that you would like RCI to reduce the GFV by would you not consider it to be a trade off? Keep the car, don't get the repair done, keep that money in your pocket.

321 - 331 of 331 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.