Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. After some serious umming and aahhhing, I've just put a deposit down on a new Leaf Tekna. I had narrowed the decision to a second hand up, or a new leaf. In the end the outrageously cheap pcp deal on the leaf sealed it.

So, first things first, is there anything I should be checking for when I collect it next week? Any common faults that might be evident from new? I've gone for the 3kw charger, so should that come with any leads for charging, or do you have to buy them separately? The dealer was a little unsure.

I'm intending to install this leafspy app to my Android tablet, I just need to get hold of a bluetooth dongle. Has any one got any recommendations for a decent one?

Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Congratulations, that's a good quick turnaround !
Dongles are pretty cheap on eBay, pretty sure that any of the ELM327? Ones should be absolutely fine. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was, I was after a gunmetal colour, but that was going to be towards the end of January. The dealer had access to a black one though, so that will do me!

I'll have a gander on eBay now, cheers for the info!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Congrats on the order. I have a Acenta with 3KW charger and only came with the EVSE mains cable. I had to buy a type 1 to type 2 lead which cost around £180.

The OBDII Bluetooth dongle link is on another thread but they are reasonably cheap ~£20

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. We have the 3kW charger on our Leaf but it's rarely a problem as we charge at home over night mostly. Having the 3 pin charging cable is great because you can charge at any domestic 240 volt socket, friends houses for instance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts