Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm so excited that tomorrow I'm picking up my brand new MG ZS Ev. I'm so excited for many reasons, I'm mainly excited about the fact its automatic. I love the way it drives. It's just all so exciting! All that said, I thought I'd ask for some advice on the do's and dont's. I remember my dad saying that when he bought a new ICE vehicle, you basically had to break the engine in. No harsh accelerating etc. Is it the same for EV's? Don't get me wrong, I'm not intending on taring around in it, but I'm after some advice on similar scenarios. I take its still advised not to fill the battery to 100 all of the time and not let the battery run down to 2% too often. What percentage would you advise charging the car to week to week? 90%? I intend to run it down to about 15-20% before recharging. I just want it to last as long as possible and be kept in as good condition as possible. All this said, the dealer will probably advise me tomorrow - I just can't wait!

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,183 Posts

Reactions: Mofo

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,173 Posts
Charge to full at least once a month to help with cell balancing. But otherwise charging to 80% should be fine for you. With that said, there isn't anything especially bad about fully charging every time, as long as you don't leave it sitting full for days and days. If you plug it in and charge overnight, then are driving again the next day you shouldn't really worry too much about that.

Likewise try not to go below 20%. If you do it's not terrible unless you leave it with a very low charge for a while. But it also helps you to plan for any event where you may not be able to get a charge somewhere and have enough range to drive a little further to get to the next place you can plug in.

You don't need to worry about breaking it in. If you want to pull away from every traffic light with your tyres spinning you're not going to do any real harm, but as with all cars, you will get better friction braking performance after you have added a bit of wear (Your regen will work perfectly straight away of course)

Don't worry much about the car. Just drive and enjoy. Don't take things to the extremes and it'll otherwise be quite happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts