Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of positive news to take from this one (as is often the case with Tesla news these days)...

Tesla has defied its doubters (especially among petrolheads) with the success of the Model S, a smartly styled luxury saloon. It may not share the outrageous looks of a supercar like the Lamborghini Aventador, but it has the performance without the $400,000-plus price tag. The most basic Model S costs $64,000 in America (after subsidies). This has won it rave reviews in the motoring press, often sniffy about other electric cars with limited ranges and duff looks. By designing a large car with a big battery pack, Tesla has diminished “range anxiety”—one version can do 310 miles (500km) between charges.
So interesting and exciting what they're doing, full story here:

http://www.economist.com/news/busin...rs-it-heads-towards-mass-market-fully-charged

·
Banned
3,116 Posts
I believe it's critical that Tesla flourish because without them the EV transition will not succeed. My only regret is not investing in the Tesla IPO when the shares were $17 iirc :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it's critical that Tesla flourish because without them the EV transition will not succeed. My only regret is not investing in the Tesla IPO when the shares were $17 iirc :rolleyes:
Been thinking for the past year or so, wonder if I should get Tesla shares (I don't really have any investments)... should have stopped wondering about then and just bought! :D

·
Registered
626 Posts
If Tesla are heading towards the mass market they must have started from pretty near the top of the hill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts