Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I chose an EV that has a list price of JUST under the £35000.

I added enough extras that even WITH the £2500 off it was over £35000 to see if I'd get the grant - and according to all the configurators I can find I do......

Same with carwow.

So it looks like as long as base spec price is under cut off.... you are ok

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope doesn't seem to be.

What I think happens is the manufacturer applies for that model to be qualifying. That car is then "eligible" - you can then add options to that car as long as they don't affect "Battery capacity, range or motor power" and you are still eligible.

Until someone tries to enter it into the portal you won't know - but certainly what I've just done (on 4 different brands) would suggest that this is the case.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If this is the case, won’t it encourage manufactures to base everything on a base car and then list everything as options, regardless of if this takes a sub £35K car to over £40K

·
Registered
721 Posts
If this is the case, won’t it encourage manufactures to base everything on a base car and then list everything as options, regardless of if this takes a sub £35K car to over £40K
Exactly, we‘ll be buying a rolling shell at £35K and adding a battery, seats, radio, glass and steering wheel as options that do not break the grant ceiling......cannot see that happening some how.....

·
Registered
456 Posts
from Skoda's website : A £2,500 Plug-In Vehicle Grant is currently offered for electric cars under the price cap of £35,000 by the Office for Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV) to eligible manufacturers to promote the purchase of zero emission vehicles. The grant eligibility is based on the final purchase price including discounts, number plates, VED and VAT but excluding options, delivery charge & first registration fee

·
Registered
2021 Citroën ë-C4 Shine Plus
354 Posts
It doesn’t include options because the grant is awarded to a specific list of qualifying vehicles that have to have a MSRP of under £35k.

It would be impractical to add cars to that list based on a OTR price according to numerous combinations of options, so a P11D value based system would not work.

·
Registered
VW eGolf
408 Posts

Definition of price for application of the cap To be eligible for the PICG, eligible cars must be priced below £35,000 RRP. The definition of price includes:

• VAT, including VAT reclaimable by a business
• vehicle manufacturer or dealer’s mandatory extras including delivery charges or administration fees
• the battery cost (including where the battery is leased)
• any non-standard option fitted by the manufacturer or dealer affecting the capacity of the battery, drive train configuration or maximum net power.

and excludes:

• any non-standard option fitted by the manufacturer or dealer which does not affect the capacity of the battery, drivetrain configuration or maximum net power.
• modifications such as ‘police packs’, ambulance/fire engine modifications
• modifications for disabled users
• warranty/insurance and service packages etc
• first registration fee and cost of first licence
• discounts (including rebates)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts