Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,920 Posts
The round up has hit the nail completely on the head. We're still putting the cart in front of the horse where rapid charging is concerned.

Excellent video. Sounds a bit anti EV to start with, but makes sense if you follow to the end.

Reactions: TJEV

·
Registered
VW E-Golf
37 Posts
Very interesting video. It makes a few assumptions about what people want which I guess are based on market research, and it suggests that we are all "early adopters" ... my teenage son says that's cool!

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 24 Tekna '64 reg
1,493 Posts
I've been a long time Wendover subscriber, their video is always very spot on with well referenced sources, good reasoning and highly interesting.

I've been saying this for years. EV infrastructure is the problem, not enough money have been spent on this. If manufacturers want to sell the cars, they need to pile in the cash to build the infrastructure to make the cars attractive.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
One thing I think they got wrong - they quoted something about the average distance from DC chargers to people's homes compared to gas stations, which is mostly irrelevant as people don't rapid-charge near home if they can charge at home.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One thing I think they got wrong - they quoted something about the average distance from DC chargers to people's homes compared to gas stations, which is mostly irrelevant as people don't rapid-charge near home if they can charge at home.
From memory I think it was more of a US thing where if you go on a long trip the nearest DC charger might be out of range of your car - so you can't go.
Not so much of a problem over here ... as long as they work and are available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts