Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
341 - 360 of 786 Posts
Discussion starter · #341 · (Edited)
Cheers mate am looking forward to it but it a change from the e208 lol they only had blue left I did want black lol
You had a e208 in the past? What’s the reason for the change if it’s not intruding? I have seen the e208 in the flesh and it looks great plus charging rate should be good too
Don’t forget to use the referral pls! I would really appreciate it and who doesn’t want 50off hey!😉

You had a e208 in the past? What’s the reason for the change if it’s not intruding? I have seen the e208 in the flesh and it looks great plus charging rate should be good too
Don’t forget to use the referral pls! I would really appreciate it and who doesn’t want 50off hey!😉
I know it's is a nice car just to small need space 4 kids lol

Discussion starter · #344 · (Edited)
Good old Lucas has added the referral code 😁😁 my mg has arrived View attachment 145069
Nice!!! Which trim did you go for?? Let us know about range!

To compare with the ZOE50, last week i did a manchester-devon trip (300 miles each round) and I was happily surprised by the accuracy of a better route planner. I did not use the paid version so weather and wind was not taken into account, and although weather was terrible and very rainy it was still very accurate in general.
I did a manchester-cheltenham ca. 140 miles using 85%, most of it on motorway averaging a 3.14 mpKWh (but very rainy and windy) so happy with it.

Before the trip i was worried that mine would need the BMS update but it seems to behave as expected for a 52kWh battery (otherwise it wouldnt have followed ABRP estimation)

I did even try Ionity for the sake of it:

Hello I have recently joined Elmo getting the mg zs delivered today kinda axnious about the range of it though .. what do people actually get out of it if you one 😁

Also Lucas has been brilliant sorting it out for me and sorting the problems out top bloke @lucas@elmo
Hi Scott, I saw you had it delivered today and I hope you enjoy it!

I started a different thread discussing the MG ZS vs the Hyundai Kona and a lot of different people gave me their opinions of both and there is quite a detailed discussion about the MG ZS EV range and the use of A Better Route Planner. It might be helpful for you.

Kona vs MG ZS: A Motorway commute battle

Unfortunately, there were some issues with my delivery from Elmo and in the end, after lots of research, I decided to just jump in for the 3-year lease instead, mine arrives this Friday.

I feel like we have hijacked this Elmo discussion and made it all about the MG, but the ZS EV specific forum on this site is pretty helpful, but also there is a whole dedicated forum available at MG Electric Cars with lots of helpful discussions and people, they even run their own podcast!

James Coates of the "James and Kate" YouTube also runs a Facebook group called "MG Electric Vehicle Owners Club" which can be found by just typing that in the search of facebook, that's really good with loads of helpful questions too.

Discussion starter · #350 ·
I'm doing similar drives to you! Maybe I need to test it out this week while it's warm on some longer journeys. It's not even like I have a lead food!
I usually got similar to those 180miles GOM (3.5mpkWh x 52 kWh) but this weekend with very good weather I only used around 40% of the battery going around the Peak District (no high speeds but ups and downs). I charged it today at work and when I came it was like that. It’s obviously just an estimation based on recent usage but pls let me enjoy it 😂

anyways all I can say is that since I moved from the ZE40 to the ZE50, range anxiety disappeared completely (maybe the fact of having CCS also helped).

I usually got similar to those 180miles GOM (3.5mpkWh x 52 kWh) but this weekend with very good weather I only used around 40% of the battery going around the Peak District (no high speeds but ups and downs). I charged it today at work and when I came it was like that. It’s obviously just an estimation based on recent usage but pls let me enjoy it 😂

anyways all I can say is that since I moved from the ZE40 to the ZE50, range anxiety disappeared completely (maybe the fact of having CCS also helped).
To be fair I've not actually managed to take my Zoe out tooooo much but hopefully will get some good chances over summer. So hopefully I can get a good range. Did 10 miles yesterday and that took 10%, but that was doing 70mph 30 seconds after leaving my house and with the Air Con on full blast. Still, it matched perfectly with what ABRP said.

Considering commuting in to Central London with it whenever my office decides to open, it seems like a better idea than the train at the moment.

I really like Elmo, I like the company. I had my home charge point installed through them and have had the MG ZS since December last year.

I really hope they bring in some new car options soon, I'm rather bored of my MG! Want to try something new.
OnTo seems to bring in new cars and have a lot better variety - I do hope Elmo catch up!

Discussion starter · #358 ·
I don’t really know if they are so out of stock or they just delivered their allocation of cars. No more funding no more cars obvs.

“delays” might just be that there’s no upfront money to bring more cars to hand then to newclients.

Fiat 500e has been listed for a while; at first it wasn’t even available to buy but now it should be without a problem (if they would have done the orders at the time)

Discussion starter · #360 ·
341 - 360 of 786 Posts