Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've lost the time display, both the big one when the infotainment system is off and the time on the title bar when it's on (next to the OAT).

A message saying "No time information" appears instead of the big clock.

Restarting the car hasn't brought it back.

Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GPS, it was set on, and I tried DAB, but no change. Nothing happens when I select Manual.

We noticed it when setting off after a charging session but I've no idea when it actually happened.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, having been parked up overnight, time resumed it's normal passage when the car was powered up this morning. All now looks normal.

So goodness knows what happened there.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No idea.

We had the car satnav on, and my wife had been checking the time, so is sure the clock was working shortly before we stopped

We were 20-25 minutes at an Instavolt that we've used before, and we can't think of anything unusual that happened. Just no time display when we powered back up. The satnav continued to work fine.

See how we go, I suppose.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,172 Posts
No idea.

We had the car satnav on, and my wife had been checking the time, so is sure the clock was working shortly before we stopped

We were 20-25 minutes at an Instavolt that we've used before, and we can't think of anything unusual that happened. Just no time display when we powered back up. The satnav continued to work fine.

See how we go, I suppose.
Yeah, the MG seems to have severals Gremlins in the works. Others have reported odd things happening sporadically. Mine doesn't always quite clear the infotainment screen when I go into reverse. I can still see opaque versions of the radio, sat nav and Android Auto/CarPlay selectors.

Reactions: Nickel

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting.

The first hour and a half of our journey was inside that circle, but we were outside it since a few miles after our previous stop at Michaelwood. We were doing a splash'n'dasj in Evesham when the problem occurred, well outside.

But the GPS itself behaved fine all through.

Would they be jamming at ground level? It'd cause chaos with no obvious route to notify users, unlike pilots who have NOTAMs etc.

Curious though.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll revise that. I went the wrong way from nautical miles to statute miles. We were on the circle at the problem time.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Nickel, it appears related to precision timing ...

'The activity may affect GNSS navigation and precision timing devices'

May affect GPS for aircraft at altitude probably in which case the pilots would have the NOTAMS and will have received a RAIM report to determine GPS reliability in flight ...

As for ground level, it is quite likely that the precision timing element of GPS could be affected without affecting ground GPS navigation itself such as that used in cars. I understand that the jamming is to test the timing of the satellite to ground reception to calibrate it (correct me if I am wrong GPS experts!).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts