·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,310 Posts

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,310 Posts
Did you find your type 2 cable?
No it's not in there.

I have my VW one from my Golf so I've told them it's no issue for me, but may be for the next driver..

·
evezy referral code d6540
801 Posts
No it's not in there.

I have my VW one from my Golf so I've told them it's no issue for me, but may be for the next driver..
They can supply it when you return the vehicle. How long did you say you’re planning on keeping it? I’m guessing your VW one is a single phase cable so you’d only get a third of what a three phase charger provides. 3.7kW from an 11kW post or 7.4kW from a 22kW post, rather than the full 11kW the on board charger is rated at.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Note to self: Check for type 2 cable on delivery.

·
801 Posts
I agree with much of what you wrote. I know, you hate that!

As already said, the new pricing structures should, if the price differences are clearly displayed, dissuade the turtles from using the jag chargers!
On the contrary, I love it that you agree! This isn’t about point scoring or arguing for the sake of it. This is a friendly thread, we’re here to help and support each other!

I just want you to get the most out of your R110 and was disappointed you weren’t happy with it especially after 4 years with a smaller battery Zoe.

Also, while you might decide not to use certain charging posts, I didn’t want newbies to think that was the viewpoint of most EV users and be put off going electric.

Hopefully I’ve encouraged you to be a bit more daring in your new Zoe and not be put off by the two little ducks in the room :)

·
801 Posts
Note to self: Check for type 2 cable on delivery.
If I don’t get that cable, I wouldn’t be able to top up my M3 on the 22kW posts I use at the gym. I’d have to use the 50kW CCS Ultacharger and return within 90 minutes and my legs would be a bit wobbly by then :LOL:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not over thinking anything. Been driving electric for 6 years.

It has always been a problem, 6 years ago it was a problem and it still is, mostly down to lack of education.

7KW charger, 7KW charging car
22KW 3phase, for those cars that can take it. Zoe and some Tesla
43KW for rapid charging cars.

When your car can fill up in less than 20 minutes, and someone ahead plugs in declaring it will take them an hour plus, because they purchased a slow charge car, well, there is a reason there are different charge posts.

Hopefully the new pricing structures will dissuade people from using the new 100KW+ chargers, then everyone will be fighting over the 43KW rapids!
Nope, you're still over thinking it IMHO. Use whichever charger is available to you and if the only option is a 50kW then so be it. Appreciate if you have 2 empty chargers side by side and one is a 22kW and the other a 50kW it would be considerate to use the 22kW but other than that circumstance just use what's available to you?

It does sound like you're assuming because you would be annoyed at someone doing it then everyone else feels the same. I'd venture to guess 99% of EV drivers wouldn't give it a second thought. The charging network for non Tesla car's isn't good enough at the moment to worry about such things, you charge where you can.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Just got an email that an i3 is ready for me! Called them and will pick it up on the 23rd September :)
Yes I got offered one too by e-mail same dates but to reply by 9AM! Working nights I just got up so I am a bit pissed that I missed out after being on the list for 4 months.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes I got offered one too by e-mail same dates but to reply by 9AM! Working nights I just got up so I am a bit pissed that I missed out after being on the list for 4 months.
Oh dear! Good news is I think you will still be at the top spot of the waiting list though. Could you possibly set an email alert for any emails from evezy so you'll get a loud notification for them in case you're asleep?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Oh dear! Good news is I think you will still be at the top spot of the waiting list though. Could you possibly set an email alert for any emails from evezy so you'll get a loud notification for them in case you're asleep?
Well I am on Holiday anyway on the 23rd so can't pick it up - so can't do it anyway but to be honest I have a Hybrid which I whinge about with fuel (£58 a tank for about 800 miles) but it costs me no where near £399 a month so might as well just stick with that. And also I scratched an Alloy on the last car I had - I dread to think what a BMW would be!

They just offered to keep the car free until the 29th - but I have declined so in the end was not really an issue anyway.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well I am on Holiday anyway on the 23rd so can't pick it up - so can't do it anyway but to be honest I have a Hybrid which I whinge about with fuel (£58 a tank for about 800 miles) but it costs me no where near £399 a month so might as well just stick with that. And also I scratched an Alloy on the last car I had - I dread to think what a BMW would be!

They just offered to keep the car free until the 29th - but I have declined so in the end was not really an issue anyway.
So why sign up and go on the waiting list in the first place?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
So why sign up and go on the waiting list in the first place?
i signed up a few days after Evezy started. I've had 2 cars from them already in that time. I had no idea it would be available at a time when I was not.. even the compromise was un workable as the only swap point they could provide from was 350 miles from where I am based - and as we all know that mileage is also included in the allowance - who in their right mind is going to pay £399 for a car that they can only do 650 miles in once they get it back? Cheaper to stick to the ICE for now. I am keeping my account, after all why go through all the checks and pay the fee again.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Also the Ioniq I had was used - scuffs and holes in the seat.Trim on the drivers door looked like Wolverine had been going at it and had a fairly high mileage - all I could see on here was people saying "I've got a new one with next to no miles on the clock" so I didn't keep it past a month. My money should have got me a new one - and I felt a bit cheated. Even the Zoe that I sat near to for 7 hours while I waited for mine to arrive was brand new - so when mine turned up I it wasn't for the fact I couldn't have got home that night unless I took the car then I would have rejected it. I sent in about 15-20 pics via the app before I even moved it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Also the Ioniq I had was used - scuffs and holes in the seat.Trim on the drivers door looked like Wolverine had been going at it and had a fairly high mileage - all I could see on here was people saying "I've got a new one with next to no miles on the clock" so I didn't keep it past a month. My money should have got me a new one - and I felt a bit cheated. Even the Zoe that I sat near to for 7 hours while I waited for mine to arrive was brand new - so when mine turned up I it wasn't for the fact I couldn't have got home that night unless I took the car then I would have rejected it. I sent in about 15-20 pics via the app before I even moved it.
I understand it's not a nice feeling knowing almost everyone else got a new car when you didn't, but as far as I understand evezy never guaranteed anyone would get a new car. I think it's purely due to the fact that they have to order so many new cars to satisfy demand that a lot of people get a brand new car, but that will probably change as soon as they have more cars available. Since they seem to intend to keep the cars for three years you could get a two or two and a half year old car with evezy in the near future.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Having got my i3 brand new back in April and being in batch 2 for an M3P as soon as it gets to the UK I plan to keep both for at least a couple of years.

Totally agree I wouldn't be as keen paying out that kind of money for used cars but that's the chance you take with EVEZY I suppose. Still considerably cheaper than renting cars from anywhere else I've seen and comparable or better than leasing without the commitment once all things considered.

You were probably unlucky also. Our i3 has now done 6k miles and with a wash and vac would still be like new.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I understand it's not a nice feeling knowing almost everyone else got a new car when you didn't, but as far as I understand evezy never guaranteed anyone would get a new car. I think it's purely due to the fact that they have to order so many new cars to satisfy demand that a lot of people get a brand new car, but that will probably change as soon as they have more cars available. Since they seem to intend to keep the cars for three years you could get a two or two and a half year old car with evezy in the near future.
I think it was more to do with the fact at that time the Ioniq fleet was small and so they only had a few cars from @Badger in Black. He probably struggled a bit to keep up as he does the Zoe's also.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Having got my i3 brand new back in April and being in batch 2 for an M3P as soon as it gets to the UK I plan to keep both for at least a couple of years.

Totally agree I wouldn't be as keen paying out that kind of money for used cars but that's the chance you take with EVEZY I suppose. Still considerably cheaper than renting cars from anywhere else I've seen and comparable or better than leasing without the commitment once all things considered.

You were probably unlucky also. Our i3 has now done 6k miles and with a wash and vac would still be like new.
Yes no where else can get an I3 for that money - but plenty of alternatives and it's getting cheaper

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes no where else can get an I3 for that money - but plenty of alternatives and it's getting cheaper
I've seen some good prices on the E-Golf recently but when you do the maths and take into account the lack of commitment the EVEZY i3 still looks a bargain. Lease costs on i3's are still pricier than EVEZY without all of the additions.

Just a shame they donlt do the i3s as would happily pay a bit more for the added performance and better handling/stability.

3281 - 3300 of 3512 Posts
About this Discussion
3.5K Replies
148 Participants
urpert
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing