Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

3301 - 3320 of 3512 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
801 Posts
I think it was more to do with the fact at that time the Ioniq fleet was small and so they only had a few cars from @Badger in Black. He probably struggled a bit to keep up as he does the Zoe's also.
I wonder why they come from him and not directly from Renault. Especially as they directly own a lot of dealers whereas DSG is an independent family business I believe.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Renault would rather sell the cars themselves than flog them to fleets with volume discounts?

·
801 Posts
@desolate an update on my iCarhireinsurance claim. It is being referred to the underwriters, Zurich, for a decision. The issue seems to be that they consider the hire to be continuous and more than the 62 day limit. (I thought it was 30 days, but she insisted it is 62)

When I told the claims handler that I was assured by iCarhireinsurance that they would cover evezy, she asked me to send proof to support that claim. Fortunately Patricia had sent me copies of emails between iCarhireinsurance and evezy in which they say that their car club policy would cover the evezy £1000 excess. I forwarded this to the claims handler, and she will send that on to Zurich to show I had done my research before taking out the policy. She reckons we should get an answer back within the week. Depending on the answer, I’ll decide where to go from there.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'd imagine her email says "He's got us by the balls", but in Swiss.

·
Registered
44 Posts
A GDPR request would also suffice if you would like copies of any phone calls @E7EV

On a side note, Mrs Kev got the email today and has an i3 coming (His & Hers) :ROFLMAO: 🙈. I think she would've preferred a Zoe, but the i3 certainly has grown on her.

Has anyone on here got a His / Hers car arrangement from Evezy? Just wondering how it would work if either of us take the other ones car?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Make sure you're additional drivers on each others cars.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Advice for new starter with Evezy ?

Folks, there's a shedload of messages in this thread, some obviously now redundant due to age, is there a "new user sign up guide" or similar I should read before joining rather than paging through 166 pages??
Or if not are any of the regulars contemplating just maintaining one as a google docs or similar document?

I may have up to a years gap between expiry of my current lease in december and availabilty of the next 'long term" EV I get, and I'm contemplating a variety of options from extending my current lease (if thats possible) through to a "stopgap" EV on a 2 year lease (I dont think 1 is possible?) through to swapping cars around just for variety on EVEZY (and how realistic is that, I take it i can forget model 3 or iPace for example)

·
801 Posts
A GDPR request would also suffice if you would like copies of any phone calls @E7EV

On a side note, Mrs Kev got the email today and has an i3 coming (His & Hers) :ROFLMAO: 🙈. I think she would've preferred a Zoe, but the i3 certainly has grown on her.

Has anyone on here got a His / Hers car arrangement from Evezy? Just wondering how it would work if either of us take the other ones car?
Thanks for the advice.

Anyone on here got a Zoe but would like an i3? Mutual swap?

You’d both be approved drivers on each other’s accounts. You will both have to set up No2 accounts with another email address as user name. This shouldn’t cost you anything. I’ve already done it. You can then drive her car using your No2 account which she will link to her No1 account, and vice versa. When you want to drive her car, using the same app you will sign in using your No2 account which will then give you access to her car.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If Tesla come through we'll have his/hers Tesla M3P and i3 within the next month. Will have to be added as additional drivers on each but then there is of course the complexity of the EVEZY app to deal with as will need a different sign in for each car..

Not all that worried about it as expect to use the keycard for the Tesla more often than not anyway as you have to have it available to start the car even if you use the app to unlock the doors. :(

·
801 Posts
Advice for new starter with Evezy ?

Folks, there's a shedload of messages in this thread, some obviously now redundant due to age, is there a "new user sign up guide" or similar I should read before joining rather than paging through 166 pages??
Or if not are any of the regulars contemplating just maintaining one as a google docs or similar document?

I may have up to a years gap between expiry of my current lease in december and availabilty of the next 'long term" EV I get, and I'm contemplating a variety of options from extending my current lease (if thats possible) through to a "stopgap" EV on a 2 year lease (I dont think 1 is possible?) through to swapping cars around just for variety on EVEZY (and how realistic is that, I take it i can forget model 3 or iPace for example)
All the official resources are on the evezy website which everyone should read before signing up. If after that you still have questions then by all means post them here. No problem if they have already been asked, you can’t be expected to wade through over 3000 posts! I did some rough and ready short videos on YouTube you could have a look just here.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the advice.

Anyone on here got a Zoe but would like an i3? Mutual swap?

You’d both be approved drivers on each other’s accounts. You will both have to set up No2 accounts with another email address as user name. This shouldn’t cost you anything. I’ve already done it. You can then drive her car using your No2 account which she will link to her No1 account, and vice versa. When you want to drive her car, using the same app you will sign in using your No2 account which will then give you access to her car.
The only problem I can see doing this would be the damage excess in case of an accident or damage, which I suppose would be taken from the original renters account, not the person that actually drove the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Indeed. I think a second cheap ice like a little Peugeot that does 70mpg is a better option even with fuel. They are about 170 a month or we're back in 2015

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
All the official resources are on the evezy website which everyone should read before signing up. If after that you still have questions then by all means post them here. No problem if they have already been asked, you can’t be expected to wade through over 3000 posts! I did some rough and ready short videos on YouTube you could have a look just here.
OK thanks had a look there. is the tree obligatory? :eek:
So, here are my questions.
1. Insurance. Are there now "recognised" insurers who play nicely with E in order to reduce the £1k excess, especially for terms that are in excess of 30 days? I see some trouble upthread from one poster in that respect?
2. Availabilty. What realistically can i expect to get on fairly short notice of a month or two (is that short notice?)? i3? iPace? (ah, looks like thats off the menu). Zoe? Forget Tesla model 3 ?
3. Payment. If i "sign up now" is that a "cashless experience" until i decide to plump for a car?
4. Referral. Is there an etiquette for referral codes here ? First, last, random ?
5. Locations. I'm not seeing Windsor as a location, though thats in the very first post. London for me then? (I'm near Reading)

·
Registered
61 Posts
OK thanks had a look there. is the tree obligatory? :eek:
So, here are my questions.
1. Insurance. Are there now "recognised" insurers who play nicely with E in order to reduce the £1k excess, especially for terms that are in excess of 30 days? I see some trouble upthread from one poster in that respect?
2. Availabilty. What realistically can i expect to get on fairly short notice of a month or two (is that short notice?)? i3? iPace? (ah, looks like thats off the menu). Zoe? Forget Tesla model 3 ?
3. Payment. If i "sign up now" is that a "cashless experience" until i decide to plump for a car?
4. Referral. Is there an etiquette for referral codes here ? First, last, random ?
5. Locations. I'm not seeing Windsor as a location, though thats in the very first post. London for me then? (I'm near Reading)
1. I don't think we found an excess insurance provider yet that we are 100% sure covers evezy. Questor has definitely stated several times that they don't so I would avoid them.

2. I think the Zoe has the longest waiting list at the moment, not sure about the Teslas. I signed up beginning of August and just got the email today to pick up an i3 on the 23rd so that's just about 1.5 months. Your best option is usually to go on all the waiting lists and wait for the first one available.

3. When you sign up now you only have to pay the £9.99 sign up fee to be added to their fleet insurance. You will be billed the full amount for the first month the morning of the day you pick the car up, or in case of the Teslas 4 months deposit once they get a delivery in I believe.

4. Not sure about referral etiquette. Somebody else might be able to answer this one better! When I signed up I looked through the posts and found E7EV's posts that I found were very helpful so I used his code.

5. You can choose the location you would like to pick up from when you get the email that a car is available for you. One of the London locations is probably nearest for you.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Unless you pre ordered a Tesla, in which case it's 4 months deposit from the pre order date :)

·
801 Posts
1. I’m doing a test claim with icarinsurance at the moment. (As posted above.) We may have to wait until Evezy do something or Questor bring out their Evezy tailored product.

3. The fleet insurance approval lasts for 6 months. If you haven’t got a car by then you would have to register again.

4. You pick whichever referral code you want and then can post yours when you get it.

5. Windsor is still on the location map on Evezy site. Check out Bristol as well. Further but could be quicker.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I happened to be passing Leamington Spa this afternoon, so did a slight detour via Evezy to see what was happening.
There was a load of i3's out front, so I expect those that are waiting will get a car very soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
I happened to be passing Leamington Spa this afternoon, so did a slight detour via Evezy to see what was happening.
There was a load of i3's out front, so I expect those that are waiting will get a car very soon.
Is Leamington Spa the only location they are currently using to fit their tech to the cars?

3301 - 3320 of 3512 Posts
About this Discussion
3.5K Replies
148 Participants
urpert
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing