Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

3921 - 3938 of 3938 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
1,085 Posts
9E6C00B1-88A8-4444-B887-175E1F3FCFC8.jpeg

Just arrived at Brayley Milton Keynes. Caught site of the new Zoe before they covered it up! Have to wait now until the official launch at 7pm. My Zoe’s charging outside so I’ll have enough electrons to get back home after the event. Quite a few Renault Head Office Staff here, I was told by a local sales person.

·
1,085 Posts
2B1C5B1D-9D82-4DD0-975E-5D21F0E878F0.jpeg

Just seen another Evezy Zoe in front of the MK dealership. Maybe in for repair. Is this yours?

·
Registered
72 Posts
View attachment 123727
Just arrived at Brayley Milton Keynes. Caught site of the new Zoe before they covered it up! Have to wait now until the official launch at 7pm. My Zoe’s charging outside so I’ll have enough electrons to get back home after the event. Quite a few Renault Head Office Staff here, I was told by a local sales person.
Shame I couldn't make it today!

·
Registered
512 Posts
View attachment 123727
Enjoy the event!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Is it ever cheaper to rent the car for an additional month without using it, rather then pay the excess mileage charge?

·
Registered
932 Posts
You'd be charged at the end of the month you went over anyway... what am I missing?

·
1,085 Posts
Is it ever cheaper to rent the car for an additional month without using it, rather then pay the excess mileage charge?
Never. The monthly over mileage charge of 8p a mile for the first 250 miles per month and 30p a mile for the rest is less than the 39.9p a mile you pay for the i3.

·
1,085 Posts
What about if someone had the Zoe?
It would cost you 28.9p a mile to reduce your overage but you’d still have to do a lot of miles before that was less than the average of the 8p/30p overage charge. Evezy would have cancelled your subscription by then!

·
Registered
512 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Had a test drive in the MG ZS EV base model Excite this morning.
Just in case Evezy do suddenly say they have any for subscribers.
It does seem good value for money, but it is also built down to a price rather than up to a specification.

Good stuff, it’s quiet, fairly nippy, plenty of room inside front and rear and also the boot.
Still available with the special discounts, delivery likely to be early next year, but could be sooner. Definitely value for money, but would go for the top model Exclusive as it’s a no brainier on better spec and only £2K more With panoramic sunroof. Good electronic handbrake with correct mode of just press P to deselect drive and engage electronic handbrake. Auto release on drive off. Smart cruise seems to work well with regen braking. Thought it was a bit weak even on max level 3 though.

Poor stuff, No rake and reach only one, although I did think it was a reasonably comfortable driving position but since only 45mins driving need longer to fully assess. No seatbelt height adjustment, (thought all cars had this these days.) 5 seater, but only 4 head-restraints. Cheap pull fabric tabs for rear seat fold down and rear bench seat is fixed, so cannot fold fully flat. Boot is good size though. No frunk, but room exists under bonnet for one. Front charge cover flap blocks view of charge port when open and doesn’t have a rubber seal to stop water/mud ingress. Instruments have an odd set of info, strange hybrid of ICE and EV.

Overall impression, fairly solid build with some cheap short comings, but comes with some good tech.

Dealer (also Renault Franchise... will be going here soon to see new Zoe50) said MG tell them nothing about new models until they are ready to launch, but interestingly they have been told a sports EV is in the works for 202x.

Couple of pictures only as many more on web and in video reviews.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Great review thank you, have considered changing the wife’s Zoe for one of these as it’s more practical.
Wish Nissan did a Qashqai EV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
512 Posts

·
1,085 Posts
Have to ask.... What lang. is Nuk ka program? and why is it even being displayed on that screen view with everything else in English?
No idea. Didn’t notice that!! Check it out when you attend your event and report back !

·
Registered
512 Posts
A quick google suggests it's Slovenian, and means "No program".
OK that makes sense and assumed it was that in English. Google gave me loads of langs. but in the right area :)

3921 - 3938 of 3938 Posts