Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

4161 - 4180 of 4478 Posts

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,470 Posts
My deposit refund has now been processed, with the usual 7-10 working days caveat.

Looking at the breakdown of costs, they've missed 1x referral. As £50 is £50, they've been reminded of that :p

Other than that, I'm happy with the return process so far.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Do we know what the 'manufacturers timeline' is for the tyres fitted to the Evezy cars?
Never seen any manuf quoted tyre lifetimes, but normally you would expect 30,000 upwards on most brands/vehicle combos.

So basically if Evezy are looking at tyres on a year old car with 12K on the clock and it needs new tyres, somebody has been doing too many track days!

·
Registered
160 Posts
In my employers fleet we see huge variance in tyre life. One individual struggles to make it past 15k, I generally pass 35K. The difference is he drives an auto, holds the handbrake up when waiting to go, revs the engine then drops the handbrake, he also takes some corners on the limit of grip, and drives everywhere at 90mph. I suspect if you regularly aim for a sub 3 second 0-30 in a Zoe, you could achieve a similar low mileage result!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Too many variables. Weight, driven wheels, tyre compound, average speed driven, B-Roads vs motorways etc. to even get a reliable figure for identical cars let alone a fleet of differing vehicles.

·
Registered
879 Posts
In my employers fleet we see huge variance in tyre life. One individual struggles to make it past 15k, I generally pass 35K. The difference is he drives an auto, holds the handbrake up when waiting to go, revs the engine then drops the handbrake, he also takes some corners on the limit of grip, and drives everywhere at 90mph.
Audi or BMW? :p

·
evezy referral code d6540
1,608 Posts
S
View attachment 124459

At least they do not expire! Will take a good look at the VW ID if available..
So you had a referral during your last month and as you’ve no longer got an evezy car they can’t knock it off your next sub. Have I understood that right? But it won’t expire, so if you get a car in the future, that £50 will be taken off your first month. In the meantime, anyone else using your code will not get £50 off and neither will you because you no longer have an active subscription.

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,470 Posts
S

So you had a referral during your last month and as you’ve no longer got an evezy car they can’t knock it off your next sub. Have I understood that right? But it won’t expire, so if you get a car in the future, that £50 will be taken off your first month. In the meantime, anyone else using your code will not get £50 off and neither will you because you no longer have an active subscription.
Yes that sounds about right..I've messaged a mod asking how to remove my code from under my username..nobody seems to know

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just in case anyone missed the email, there’s some server maintenance between 2am and 4am tonight, so anyone without their key already downloaded in the app would have to call the helpline to unlock the car.

Full email:

We are carrying out server maintenance tonight which will happen between 2am to 4am to minimise disruption. You may be unable to access our services during this time, although we expect this will not affect you.
What does this mean for you?
If you are logged into our app and you have your car key downloaded, this will not affect you.
If you are logged out of the app, you won't be able to log back in until our updates are completed. Not to worry - if you need to access your car, please give us a call at 0800 030 6840and we will unlock it or lock it for you remotely.
Finally, our website will be down for the same period of time.
Thanks for your patience while we keep working hard to make our service better, faster and more reliable for you!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Thanks,
The Evezy Team

·
Registered
25 Posts
An exciting weekend as I received my first EV from Evezy - a lovely BMW i3. 2000 miles on the clock and mint condition.

Very smooth service. Only two little glitches - I confirmed acceptance of the car last week and arranged a Sunday pickup. On the morning the money still hadn’t been taken. But I rang up and they sorted it over the phone and the eKey arrived in the app.

Loving the vehicle and the Evezy service. Only ongoing issue is the Polar card supplied is invalid and I’m struggling to get that sorted so using paid CCS chargers at the moment but hopefully this issue will resolve.

All in all highly recommend and loving Evezy.
View attachment 124444
I see that's the Sainsburys car park in Manchester? What Polar chargers have you been using that do CCS 50Kwh? I only know of two, and both are not working. The only time I get to use the polar card is when I go to the Trafford Centre, or my local swimming pool on 7Kwh chargers. Out of the roughly 25 Rapid chargers in and around Manchester, two are polar operated and faulty. The most reliable network I've been using is Pod Point and they were running a few Rapid chargers for free for a while, now they are chargeable again. So it would be good for Evezy maybe to partner with another provider like Genie or Instavolt? They are really running a good network in Manchester.

·
Registered
205 Posts
So we've just had out first major technical issue with the EVEZY app in 8 months with the i3. Often can be a bit twitchy with 2 phones regularly connecting but always works eventually. This morning the wife had gone to work, come out to the car and it's refused to connect despite restarting her phone, bluetooth, airplane mode etc.

Called Evezy and within minutes George had remotely unlocked and started the car for her and she's now on her way home. Bit of a pain but very impressed with their professionalism and service. Well done EVEZY.
I had a similar issue recently where the app wouldn't let me in the car. Again George proved very helpful and got me into the car and able to drive home. When I got home though I then couldn't lock it. I'd tried closing down the app and rebooting the phone but without any joy. George's advice to sign out of the app and sign back in though did the trick so may be worth trying if you have a similar incident again.

·
1,608 Posts
Not had a problem with the app but have left the phone in car which then auto locked. A simple phone call and the problem resolved. Couldn’t do that if you left the keys in the boot, although with modern cars probably not possible to do that anymore.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not had a problem with the app but have left the phone in car which then auto locked. A simple phone call and the problem resolved. Couldn’t do that if you left the keys in the boot, although with modern cars probably not possible to do that anymore.
Auto-lock with my phone in the car happened to me once. I had to call EVEZY using my watch. Felt like a bit of a plonker, but also like I was in the future.

Does anyone know the logic of the auto locking of an EVEZY Zoe? I can't seem to see a pattern based on time, state of bluetooth connection, or whatever. Maybe I've noticed it happen bit more when I've closed the boot with no-one in the car? It would be great if it auto-locked every time by default, as it is, it auto locks maybe 10% of the time.

·
1,608 Posts
Does anyone know the logic of the auto locking of an EVEZY Zoe?
Yes it’s quite simple. When you want it to, it doesn’t and when you want it not to, it does.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Yes it’s quite simple. When you want it to, it doesn’t and when you want it not to, it does.
Sounds like it might be French ;)

4161 - 4180 of 4478 Posts