Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

4381 - 4400 of 4479 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Aside from the insurance madness, I have a useful update for people.

As I've mentioned, I've been at the top of the I3 list for a while, and called today to find out if there was any movement... they informed me that they'd called me 2 days ago and didn't get an answer so allocated the car to someone else (sounds like @King Ming got it!). Problem... I am working abroad so am on a different number, so I didn't get the call. I didn't get an email at all.

They told me that they have changed their booking approach so that they no longer email people and do the "first to call back"... and now just call directly the next person on the list. I think this is much of an improvement but they didn't tell anyone! So... make sure your phone number is right...!!!

Still frustrating, wish they would let us pay upfront for a waiting list spot so they wouldn't cycle through the waiting list as soon as they don't get a response. Live and learn...

·
Registered
206 Posts
As I've mentioned, I've been at the top of the I3 list for a while, and called today to find out if there was any movement... they informed me that they'd called me 2 days ago and didn't get an answer so allocated the car to someone else (sounds like @King Ming got it!). Problem... I am working abroad so am on a different number, so I didn't get the call. I didn't get an email at all.
I've paid a deposit and am waiting for an M3 but am currently in an Evezy i3. I don't believe I'm the only one in this situation so if they get enough M3s my i3 and potentially more will become available soon too.

·
Play by the king and love is all I bring
1,691 Posts
That's not a solution as at best they will only pay half the claim and it's more likely they will refuse.
Your only insurable interest in the car is capped at 1k.
Having made accident / windscreen claims on lease vehicles before, I am confident that a fully comp car insurance policy meets my needs.

·
evezy referral code d6540
1,622 Posts
Aside from the insurance madness, I have a useful update for people.

They told me that they have changed their booking approach so that they no longer email people and do the "first to call back"... and now just call directly the next person on the list. I think this is much of an improvement but they didn't tell anyone! So... make sure your phone number is right...!!!

Still frustrating, wish they would let us pay upfront for a waiting list spot so they wouldn't cycle through the waiting list as soon as they don't get a response. Live and learn...
Don’t worry, hopefully very soon you’ll get @SWoll i3. One careful owner, only done 35k miles ;)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Don’t worry, hopefully very soon you’ll get @SWoll i3. One careful owner, only done 35k miles ;)
No chance. I'm keeping mine to run alongside the Tesla as you well know, unless they plan on swapping it out for a new one after 12 months in March of course. (y)

Having made accident / windscreen claims on lease vehicles before, I am confident that a fully comp car insurance policy meets my needs.
I have also made claims on lease vehicles before, but again Evezy isn't a lease it's a hire car more akin to Enterprise/Hertz.

Appreciate you want this to be the answer but as per other posters above I'm confident it doesn't fit your needs and would at least give the insurer a call to confirm before signing up.

Up to you though of course, it's your money.

·
1,622 Posts
No chance. I'm keeping mine to run alongside the Tesla as you well know, unless they plan on swapping it out for a new one after 12 months in March of course.
Sorry had a senior moment ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
NO MORE IONIQ OR LEAF
Apologies if this has been discussed already. It's a long thread....
There's been some vague talk, but no suggestions of what might replace them or why they're giving up on those two models. Any conspiracy theories welcome! But it does leave them thin at the lower end of the market.

I think there's a general assumption that possibly they're waiting for all the new models being introduced, or greater volumes of existing models being released, in 2020.

·
Registered
109 Posts
There's been some vague talk, but no suggestions of what might replace them or why they're giving up on those two models. Any conspiracy theories welcome! But it does leave them thin at the lower end of the market.

I think there's a general assumption that possibly they're waiting for all the new models being introduced, or greater volumes of existing models being released, in 2020.
I'm hoping they're going to be offering the ID3 at such a good price that no-one would pick the Leaf or Ioniq over it so decided to knock them on the head... We can all dream can't we? ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Actually, having had a look at the Octopus PCH offers advertised here (the Ioniq looks an interesting price but low mileage) they feature the ID3, "arriving March 2020"...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did ask them about the ID3, and they said no current plans :(
The Ioniq was ultimately the car that I wanted from Evezy but got the i3 when it became available sooner. I asked to be left in the waiting list for the Ioniq.
I do hope they will either expand the fleet or bring back the new revised version Ioniq, as now there's no medium sized family car that doesn't cost as much as the Tesla on offer. The i3 is great all round, but impractical in certain scenarios.
I also wasn't expecting to permanently pay the £399 for the i3 and was budgeting with the Ioniq in mind.

We see again and again that we only get answers and updates if you constantly hound them via the phone, which begs the question why don't they just keep us updated? When the Ioniq became unavailable, shouldn't everyone who is on the waiting list be at least notified? I'm sure that there's plenty of subscribers who don't regularly visit forums and join groups and keep a constant eye on their website. Some subscribers get the car and that's it, they go on about their daily lives.

I almost risked loosing the car when the charge for the additional milage I did was being taken, but I didn't realise that I didn't have enough in that account. They just said that they will try again via email and then threatened to suspend my account if I don't pay. I don't keep on top of my emails every day, so it would have been nice to at least get a text or phone call before locking me out of the car. Again, communication would sort this.
They also never notified us of the new booking system. This is a big fundamental change and @untold as per above, shouldn't have had to find out after he missed their call and was put back in the queue.

Now, the ID3 would be a great addition to the fleet, and it would be interesting to see how much they would charge per month for it as it roughly matches the i3 in purchase cost. I would be happy to change to the ID3 if no Ioniq became available, however with it being brand new and desirable, there's bound to be another scarcity of the amount Evezy can get their hands on. It seems, that the only cars that are able to keep up with demand is the i3 and the Renault Zoe. Hopefully the influx of the new electric cars being dished out by the PSA group will finally spread the demand a little. I just read the review for the e-2008 and it looks like a great car for the price.

·
1,622 Posts
It took Zurich 21 minutes to respond.

Bad news: The £120 they’ve offered to pay is a goodwill gesture.

Good news: They’re going to also give me £100 to compensate for all the inconvenience

They will confirm at a later date if they will continue to cover me for the rest of the policy term.
They’re obviously not going to cover me for the rest of the policy term as I’ve just received this email from Zurich:

“Further to my emails earlier today, Halo the insurance provider for the cover you have purchased will be refunding you £23.85. This is the Pro Rata amount for the 4 months that you have left on cover. I am sorry that the cover was not originally explained clearly to you Mr Goodman, and I once again thank you for all your patience and help along the process.”

I’m a little inclined to refuse and fight my case again if I have another claim. Or just accept and use the refund towards buying a policy from insurance4carhire.

I like the way they say that the policy was not clearly explained. Was quite clear to me. They would cover evezy. They still haven’t sent me the telephone recordings, probably because it incriminates them.

·
Registered
233 Posts
They’re obviously not going to cover me for the rest of the policy term as I’ve just received this email from Zurich:

“Further to my emails earlier today, Halo the insurance provider for the cover you have purchased will be refunding you £23.85. This is the Pro Rata amount for the 4 months that you have left on cover. I am sorry that the cover was not originally explained clearly to you Mr Goodman, and I once again thank you for all your patience and help along the process.”

I’m a little inclined to refuse and fight my case again if I have another claim. Or just accept and use the refund towards buying a policy from insurance4carhire.

I like the way they say that the policy was not clearly explained. Was quite clear to me. They would cover evezy. They still haven’t sent me the telephone recordings, probably because it incriminates them.
Take the refund, buy elsewhere. And then complain further anyway. It's fair

·
Registered
188 Posts
Give them 7 days to refund in full under threat of FOS and the information commissioner.

Offering a pro rate refund is just
truly ridiculous
For the record I don't think the other policy is reliable either and neither is buying a full car insurance policy.

·
1,622 Posts
Give them 7 days to refund in full under threat of FOS and the information commissioner.

Offering a pro rate refund is just
truly ridiculous
For the record I don't think the other policy is reliable either and neither is buying a full car insurance policy.
Did what you said. Let’s see what happens next :unsure:

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also have an i3 not because it's my first choice but because it was the first thing that became available at the shortest wait. Originally I was after a Leaf, but have since looked at the Zoe which for £279 vs the £399 seems like amazing value. I am wondering what it doesn't have that I might be taking for granted in the i3?

Anyway today I gave the i3 a longer run than usual, and got myself into a 'range anxiety' situation. I usually do 80 miles per day to work and back, leaving me just under 50% battery when I get home. This time I knew I needed to do a bit of to-ing and fro-ing at the start and end of the day, but based on the 150 mile range shown on the dash it should still be ample to do the full journey without a charge.
The range did seem to be dropping a little more than I expected however, and as I was passing by Ikea at Wednesbury that has a rapid charger, it seemed like an ideal time to pop in and pickup some bits I needed anyway and top up with a rapid charge at the same time.
On arrival I found the charger, and saw a Leaf already charging but there were two marked bays with one free so thought Great! He was charging on a type 2 cable leaving the Chademo and CCS free which I thought I could use. Unfortunately I discovered when I tried to use the CCS is that you can only use one of the cables at once. So in all of the huge Ikea car park there is ONE charger available! I could see from the screen that the charger had only just started, so went in the shop anyway.

After 40 mins I was back out, the owner of the Leaf nowhere to be seen and the car still charging. According to the screen he had received 3.1Kwh in 40 mins. What a complete waste of a rapid charger, I can't see how it's even worth the bother.

Another guy had pulled up next to me in another EV and pulled the CCS cable across to plug in, so I explained to him how you can only use one of the charging cables at once - he said he REALLY needed a charge. I was pretty sure I could still make it home so left.

I got home with 12 miles of range and 10% battery left. According to the BMW app I did 112 miles, so a bit short of the quoted 150. I was driving relatively conservatively to maintain as much charge as possible, but in Comfort all the time. I did switch into ECO+ mode at one point and the range indicator increased by about 5 miles, but as it then stopped giving me any heat and the outside temperature was 1 degree, I wasn't prepared to put up with that so back to Comfort mode it went!

Ben

·
1,622 Posts
I also have an i3 not because it's my first choice but because it was the first thing that became available at the shortest wait. Originally I was after a Leaf, but have since looked at the Zoe which for £279 vs the £399 seems like amazing value. I am wondering what it doesn't have that I might be taking for granted in the i3?

Anyway today I gave the i3 a longer run than usual, and got myself into a 'range anxiety' situation. I usually do 80 miles per day to work and back, leaving me just under 50% battery when I get home. This time I knew I needed to do a bit of to-ing and fro-ing at the start and end of the day, but based on the 150 mile range shown on the dash it should still be ample to do the full journey without a charge.
The range did seem to be dropping a little more than I expected however, and as I was passing by Ikea at Wednesbury that has a rapid charger, it seemed like an ideal time to pop in and pickup some bits I needed anyway and top up with a rapid charge at the same time.
On arrival I found the charger, and saw a Leaf already charging but there were two marked bays with one free so thought Great! He was charging on a type 2 cable leaving the Chademo and CCS free which I thought I could use. Unfortunately I discovered when I tried to use the CCS is that you can only use one of the cables at once. So in all of the huge Ikea car park there is ONE charger available! I could see from the screen that the charger had only just started, so went in the shop anyway.

After 40 mins I was back out, the owner of the Leaf nowhere to be seen and the car still charging. According to the screen he had received 3.1Kwh in 40 mins. What a complete waste of a rapid charger, I can't see how it's even worth the bother.

Another guy had pulled up next to me in another EV and pulled the CCS cable across to plug in, so I explained to him how you can only use one of the charging cables at once - he said he REALLY needed a charge. I was pretty sure I could still make it home so left.

I got home with 12 miles of range and 10% battery left. According to the BMW app I did 112 miles, so a bit short of the quoted 150. I was driving relatively conservatively to maintain as much charge as possible, but in Comfort all the time. I did switch into ECO+ mode at one point and the range indicator increased by about 5 miles, but as it then stopped giving me any heat and the outside temperature was 1 degree, I wasn't prepared to put up with that so back to Comfort mode it went!

Ben
5B0D1DDE-C64B-4F83-BE5F-4BE22B8D2BE4.png

The range can drop dramatically in cold weather as this page from the EV Database shows.

4381 - 4400 of 4479 Posts