Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

4401 - 4420 of 4491 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
I also have an i3 not because it's my first choice but because it was the first thing that became available at the shortest wait. Originally I was after a Leaf, but have since looked at the Zoe which for £279 vs the £399 seems like amazing value. I am wondering what it doesn't have that I might be taking for granted in the i3?
The Zoe doesn't have seat warmers or true rapid charging.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I also have an i3 not because it's my first choice but because it was the first thing that became available at the shortest wait. Originally I was after a Leaf, but have since looked at the Zoe which for £279 vs the £399 seems like amazing value. I am wondering what it doesn't have that I might be taking for granted in the i3?

Anyway today I gave the i3 a longer run than usual, and got myself into a 'range anxiety' situation. I usually do 80 miles per day to work and back, leaving me just under 50% battery when I get home. This time I knew I needed to do a bit of to-ing and fro-ing at the start and end of the day, but based on the 150 mile range shown on the dash it should still be ample to do the full journey without a charge.
The range did seem to be dropping a little more than I expected however, and as I was passing by Ikea at Wednesbury that has a rapid charger, it seemed like an ideal time to pop in and pickup some bits I needed anyway and top up with a rapid charge at the same time.
On arrival I found the charger, and saw a Leaf already charging but there were two marked bays with one free so thought Great! He was charging on a type 2 cable leaving the Chademo and CCS free which I thought I could use. Unfortunately I discovered when I tried to use the CCS is that you can only use one of the cables at once. So in all of the huge Ikea car park there is ONE charger available! I could see from the screen that the charger had only just started, so went in the shop anyway.

After 40 mins I was back out, the owner of the Leaf nowhere to be seen and the car still charging. According to the screen he had received 3.1Kwh in 40 mins. What a complete waste of a rapid charger, I can't see how it's even worth the bother.

Another guy had pulled up next to me in another EV and pulled the CCS cable across to plug in, so I explained to him how you can only use one of the charging cables at once - he said he REALLY needed a charge. I was pretty sure I could still make it home so left.

I got home with 12 miles of range and 10% battery left. According to the BMW app I did 112 miles, so a bit short of the quoted 150. I was driving relatively conservatively to maintain as much charge as possible, but in Comfort all the time. I did switch into ECO+ mode at one point and the range indicator increased by about 5 miles, but as it then stopped giving me any heat and the outside temperature was 1 degree, I wasn't prepared to put up with that so back to Comfort mode it went!

Ben
That's completely normal in cold weather and it's the same with every EV. Even the difference between an outside temperature of 10c and 1c can cause a loss of up to 50 or so miles in my i3.

·
Registered
791 Posts

Anyway today I gave the i3 a longer run than usual, and got myself into a 'range anxiety' situation. I usually do 80 miles per day to work and back, leaving me just under 50% battery when I get home. This time I knew I needed to do a bit of to-ing and fro-ing at the start and end of the day, but based on the 150 mile range shown on the dash it should still be ample to do the full journey without a charge.
The range did seem to be dropping a little more than I expected however, and as I was passing by Ikea at Wednesbury that has a rapid charger, it seemed like an ideal time to pop in and pickup some bits I needed anyway and top up with a rapid charge at the same time.
On arrival I found the charger, and saw a Leaf already charging but there were two marked bays with one free so thought Great! He was charging on a type 2 cable leaving the Chademo and CCS free which I thought I could use. Unfortunately I discovered when I tried to use the CCS is that you can only use one of the cables at once. So in all of the huge Ikea car park there is ONE charger available! I could see from the screen that the charger had only just started, so went in the shop anyway.

After 40 mins I was back out, the owner of the Leaf nowhere to be seen and the car still charging. According to the screen he had received 3.1Kwh in 40 mins. What a complete waste of a rapid charger, I can't see how it's even worth the bother.

Another guy had pulled up next to me in another EV and pulled the CCS cable across to plug in, so I explained to him how you can only use one of the charging cables at once - he said he REALLY needed a charge. I was pretty sure I could still make it home so left.

I got home with 12 miles of range and 10% battery left. According to the BMW app I did 112 miles, so a bit short of the quoted 150. I was driving relatively conservatively to maintain as much charge as possible, but in Comfort all the time. I did switch into ECO+ mode at one point and the range indicator increased by about 5 miles, but as it then stopped giving me any heat and the outside temperature was 1 degree, I wasn't prepared to put up with that so back to Comfort mode it went!

Ben
All EV ranges are quoted as being in the best possible circumstances.
That means fair weather.
They drop dramatically in cold weather and wet and windy conditions.

Thats also true of petrol and diesel, it’s just not so dramatic.

·
EVEZY £50 referral code: bbc0c
18 Posts
In a rush to get to hospital tonight, got in my T3 and had a black screen. Tried locking, unlocking to no joy. Ended up taking the wife's car. Have googled while sat in a&e and see a soft reset is recommended. Anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Insurance4carHire workaround?

Although I'm sure it would work out more expensive any reason you couldn't just take out i4CH policies on a monthly basis? Or is that what people have been doing anyway?

·
Registered
19 Posts
wellp, seems i've missed alot lol, had no idea i had to get evezy updates via a forums thread rolls eyes

so it seems the 6-8 weeks i got quoted was being optimistic on evezy's part, also would've been nice if i was told either by email or phone that the Hyundai ioniq is now not being stocked at all

since its near Christmas now i'll give them till 9th of January, after that i'm going elsewhere - i fail to believe theirs a long waiting list on all there cars tbh and even if there buying stock direct from manufacturers, that doesn't even take 3 months, so god knows who or where they're buying from lol

·
Registered
791 Posts
wellp, seems i've missed alot lol, had no idea i had to get evezy updates via a forums thread rolls eyes

so it seems the 6-8 weeks i got quoted was being optimistic on evezy's part, also would've been nice if i was told either by email or phone that the Hyundai ioniq is now not being stocked at all

since its near Christmas now i'll give them till 9th of January, after that i'm going elsewhere - i fail to believe theirs a long waiting list on all there cars tbh and even if there buying stock direct from manufacturers, that doesn't even take 3 months, so god knows who or where they're buying from lol
Give them a call and see if they can get you into a returning vehicle.
many people have been waiting for Tesla M3’s and loads are now turning up which many are swapping to from a Zoe, i3 etc. So push for one of those and you should be sorted.
The problem is manufs are reluctant to deliver EV’s as they are far better off delivering in 2020, hence the short supply across all manufs.

·
Registered
68 Posts

It does look like a lot of people will have lost £10 by giving up on this service. We needed a car with heating for winter as our Leaf has none, but my wife is getting used to hot water bottles now! Tumbleweed from Evezy since September.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@burnt_crisps2 - if there waiting lists are truly first come, first served like it says in the email, then surely i shouldn't have to call to remind them i'd like to give them money lol - but i will give them a call soonish to ask why they ignored an email i sent, and why they cant provide updates to people on waiting lists, then i'll also mention if there's any cars due to be returned, within reason ofcourse, because i dont fancy paying the same rate for a used and abused car as someone else who ended up with a newer model for same price - at the end of the day a 2018 car isnt the same value as a 2019 car, but i have heard people say EV's are appreciating so maybe thats why evezy prices 2018's the same as 2019's lol

@Brunel - phone the bank and say the company never delivered the service promised, the bank might side with you - very 50/50 if this will work, atleast its only £10 though - ive changed banks so for me ive lost if i give up with them, since debit card transactions arent covered by the switch guarantee i dont think

drover has some hybrids, but drover is alot more spendy then evezy - drover does give you the key though, so none of this app-silliness with them lol - if it wasnt for the £179 joining fee i'd try them out, but charging that much to be a member is actually disgusting imo

·
Registered
189 Posts
With regards to the price for a used car rather than a new one - I think this is why the prices are so low now. When the model matures the stock will be more fluid and getting a well used car will be common. At the moment it's early so many people are getting brand new or near as damn it cars.

I'm the only user of my i3 and 399 pcm is a mega deal. If I give it back with 30k on it then the price will be the same. I still think it will be a good deal, just not the stonking deal early adopters got.

If they offer a discount for older cars I'll be surprised.

·
Registered
49 Posts
@Dskywere for what it's worth, I'm supposed to be on 'the top' of the list, was due to be called for the next car... and I can see above they've just given it to someone else. I'm really giving them the breathing room to improve this because I think it's a tricky problem to solve... but so far this has been a bit messy from my end.

·
evezy referral code d6540
1,637 Posts
Insurance4carHire workaround?

Although I'm sure it would work out more expensive any reason you couldn't just take out i4CH policies on a monthly basis? Or is that what people have been doing anyway?
Are you sure they do monthly policies? Only saw annual or daily, the latter works out very expensive.

Insurance4carhire has paid out twice to one subscriber who has an annual policy. So they seem to consider each month as a separate hire period.

I’ve just taken out a policy with them, as having paid a claim as a goodwill gesture, icarinsurance are cancelling my annual policy before end of the term.

·
Registered
791 Posts
@burnt_crisps2 - if there waiting lists are truly first come, first served like it says in the email, then surely i shouldn't have to call to remind them i'd like to give them money lol - but i will give them a call soonish to ask why they ignored an email i sent, and why they cant provide updates to people on waiting lists, then i'll also mention if there's any cars due to be returned, within reason ofcourse, because i dont fancy paying the same rate for a used and abused car as someone else who ended up with a newer model for same price - at the end of the day a 2018 car isnt the same value as a 2019 car, but i have heard people say EV's are appreciating so maybe thats why evezy prices 2018's the same as 2019's lol

@Brunel - phone the bank and say the company never delivered the service promised, the bank might side with you - very 50/50 if this will work, atleast its only £10 though - ive changed banks so for me ive lost if i give up with them, since debit card transactions arent covered by the switch guarantee i dont think

drover has some hybrids, but drover is alot more spendy then evezy - drover does give you the key though, so none of this app-silliness with them lol - if it wasnt for the £179 joining fee i'd try them out, but charging that much to be a member is actually disgusting imo
Humans are not flawless. Give them a call as email is not 100%

Evezy does not say you get a brand new car. they state up to 3 years old. Company has only been going just over a year, hence why so many have brand new cars or very low mileage. Currently there is no difference in pricing for age of vehicle. That may change in the future as their offerings evolve, but nobody knows at present.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Humans are not flawless. Give them a call as email is not 100%

Evezy does not say you get a brand new car. they state up to 3 years old. Company has only been going just over a year, hence why so many have brand new cars or very low mileage. Currently there is no difference in pricing for age of vehicle. That may change in the future as their offerings evolve, but nobody knows at present.
Not expecting a brand new car, but I'd refuse if I was offered a 2016 model as most people would lol - I only signed up because for now theres a high chance of 2019 models so that makes evezy competitive to pcp deals currently around - if in the future they maintain a older fleet and charge the same price, then I'd just look into pcp instead

·
Registered
189 Posts
Not expecting a brand new car, but I'd refuse if I was offered a 2016 model as most people would lol - I only signed up because for now theres a high chance of 2019 models so that makes evezy competitive to pcp deals currently around - if in the future they maintain a older fleet and charge the same price, then I'd just look into pcp instead
When you compare it to the short term hire rates it's seriously cheap and I still can't get to a stage where I can lease an i3 for anything like the total cost of the Evezy. if they keep the payment similar to now they will still be competitive.

If someone wanted the car for 3 months then I doubt they would refuse one a couple of years old, but if you are looking for a direct replacement to a new vehicle personal lease then yes it's a factor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When you compare it to the short term hire rates it's seriously cheap and I still can't get to a stage where I can lease an i3 for anythign like the total cost of the Evezy. if they keep the payment similar to know they will still be competitive.

If someone wanted the car for 3 months then I doubt they would refuse one a couple of years old, but if you are looking for a direct replacement to a new vehicle personal lease then yes it's a factor.
For me I'd be looking at keeping the car for a minimum of 12 months, hence why I'd like the newest I can get, but sure if you only wanted afew months then yeh just take whatever is going - never looked at lease deals for the i8 but I know for the zoe it's around the £269 mark but that excludes insurance, maintenance, breakdown cover etc and it's a fixed 2 year contract with a hefty deposit - so at evezy's £289 for the zoe it's a good deal, probably why it's a popular choice for many

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think the zoe at 269 is 1k deposit and a 4 year commitment and 6k miles.

So it's the same price for less miles and no extras.

Its quite a bit more costly and less flexible but you do get to reduce your excess and use a key.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
within reason ofcourse, because i dont fancy paying the same rate for a used and abused car as someone else who ended up with a newer model for same price - at the end of the day a 2018 car isnt the same value as a 2019 car
Good luck with that, the contract is for a car not a new shiny one.

4401 - 4420 of 4491 Posts