Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

5081 - 5100 of 6625 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Sort of agree and disagree. If you have been with Evezy for a year with a ZE40 and they wish to sell it, then surely they will replace with a ZE50 (as ZE40 no longer available) and at the same price as before. There must be some more subscribers who are approaching the year old Zoe mark soon.
Why would they be replacing their ZE40s after only a year? I imagine that won’t happen until they are 3 years old

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Why would they be replacing their ZE40s after only a year? I imagine that won’t happen until they are 3 years old
already happened to 2 subscribers on here... E7EV and Simon Smith, after one year, but they both got ZE40’s as ZE50 not on Evezy fleet yet.

Reactions: E7EV

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,264 Posts
Sort of agree and disagree. If you have been with Evezy for a year with a ZE40 and they wish to sell it, then surely they will replace with a ZE50 (as ZE40 no longer available) and at the same price as before. There must be some more subscribers who are approaching the year old Zoe mark soon.
My very late 2018 68 plate Zoe ZE40 with 8k miles was sold and they gave me a very early 2019 68 plate Zoe ZE40 with 8k miles on the clock.

They must have a couple of hundred ZE40s in the fleet, so they could keep replacing sold Zoes with newer ones for longtermers for quite a while until they have to replace it with a ZE50 at potentially the same price.

It will be interesting to see whether anyone will hang on long enough with their evezy ZE40 for that situation to arise.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just edited my previous post and mentioned Almondsbury as Plan B. It’s half way between Reading and Swansea. You’ll have to see if the i3 will do 100 miles at motorway speeds in winter. Might be a bit tight.
So made it back from reading to swansea stopping at newport for 16 minutes.

Started with 95%
Charged up an extra 30% on route
Finished on 25%

Limited speed to about 65 up to newport then 70ish from there home.

Really happy with the car, the only disappointment is the ACC, it seems to leave way too big a gap to the car in front and the adjustment seems to have no effect.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,264 Posts
Really happy with the car, the only disappointment is the ACC, it seems to leave way too big a gap to the car in front and the adjustment seems to have no effect.
Calling @Bill N Any advice on this?

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,246 Posts
I’ve got a ZE40 and may be interested in a ZE50, even if it’s more money. So if you get offered one maybe we could swap!!
I got a call soon after speaking to them first thing yesterday morning and told as if by magic I was at the top of the waiting list, and there are Zoes (plural) available from next Wednesday. No mention of the model, but no mention of any price increase either. Saying there are multiple would suggest it's unlikely to be one that's been returned but rather new from the factory imo.

If I somehow ended up getting a new ZE50 and charged more for it, I would definitely consider swapping and will keep that in mind, since I'd rather save as much money as I can. At this point I'm not really sure what to be expecting though.

Sounds good. When did you put yourself on the waiting list for the Zoe?
Start of June last year. Got offered a car the same or following day from memory, and had to decline because I signed up assuming I would be in for a wait and that was a little too quick. Asked to be kept in mind for the next round of availability, which just so happened to be after Fully Charged Live, so I must have got caught up behind everyone else who signed up at that event. I didn't really harass them like some others have about my position on the list until yesterday where I was getting increasingly desperate for a car, and I think that makes all the difference on how long you are kept waiting for.

---

As a downside to anyone waiting on the LEAF or Ioniq, I have just noticed the RentE website lists both these cars as available with Private Hire licenses, rather than the BYD E6's that they used to offer there. I'd imagine that's where the priority is now going with these models given the price difference. The other point being if you do manage to get one on Evezy it's likely been used as a taxi previously and had it's battery baked from constant rapid charge top ups and had multiple drunks puke up on the back seats.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,322 Posts
I got a call soon after speaking to them first thing yesterday morning and told as if by magic I was at the top of the waiting list, and there are Zoes (plural) available from next Wednesday. No mention of the model, but no mention of any price increase either. Saying there are multiple would suggest it's unlikely to be one that's been returned but rather new from the factory imo.

If I somehow ended up getting a new ZE50 and charged more for it, I would definitely consider swapping and will keep that in mind, since I'd rather save as much money as I can. At this point I'm not really sure what to be expecting though.
It's unlikely you'll be offered a ZE50. Not even the Renault dealers are getting any RHD ones for demonstrators until March.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I must have got caught up behind everyone else who signed up at that event. I didn't really harass them like some others have about my position on the list until yesterday where I was getting increasingly desperate for a car, and I think that makes all the difference on how long you are kept waiting for.
"Waiting list"

Reactions: 80698

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,246 Posts
Yeah the earliest deliveries are end of March in RHD. These will be ZE40s picked up cheap
I'm more than happy with that then. No risk of being charged more, getting a brand new (or at least as new as a ZE40 can be now) car and being able to hold on to it for at least a year before they want to take it away to sell off. Plus no servicing or anything to worry about for a while either.

Now just to hope that I get the same thing with the app as a few others have mentioned where it doesn't count mileage on the first day so I'm not eating into my allowance as I drive it back home. That would make the pickup day experience perfect.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I'm more than happy with that then. No risk of being charged more, getting a brand new (or at least as new as a ZE40 can be now) car and being able to hold on to it for at least a year before they want to take it away to sell off. Plus no servicing or anything to worry about for a while either.

Now just to hope that I get the same thing with the app as a few others have mentioned where it doesn't count mileage on the first day so I'm not eating into my allowance as I drive it back home. That would make the pickup day experience perfect.
It does count down from day of pickup! It just takes a while to catch up

·
Registered
21 Posts
I find the ACC leaves an appropriate gap if it’s set to two bars that’s about a 2.5s gap ive worked out which is where it should be

maybe you’re not used to leaving a good gap ?
Well I'm trying to draft to be more efficient!

The gap it leaves just means people keep cutting in and causing it to slow down too much. It doesn't seem to change regardless of the setting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So after my first week, the car will no longer open... evezy working on it but it means I'm without it for the week with things locked in it which I need.

Why can't they just give a key?!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
So after my first week, the car will no longer open... evezy working on it but it means I'm without it for the week with things locked in it which I need.

Why can't they just give a key?!
Oh dear that’s not good. Seems to be i3 subscribers who having the most issues at the moment. Could they not remotely open the car for you?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Nope they can't communicate with the car.
Sounds like they need to send an engineer out to you. You said without it for a week? If they can’t fix it, then they ought to have a swappsie for you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hope they are sending someone out to you, if not I’d want a rental car in the meantime.We are actually paying for a service!

they don’t appear to be quick at fixing things which is my worry
So someone came out on the Monday to reset it. I work away from home so had to leave before they came hence why Im all week with out it.
I'm not too bothered by it as it was at home, but if I was middle of the country somewhere charging and it happened, I'd have been stranded!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
So someone came out on the Monday to reset it. I work away from home so had to leave before they came hence why Im all week with out it.
I'm not too bothered by it as it was at home, but if I was middle of the country somewhere charging and it happened, I'd have been stranded!
Trust that resolves it for you permanently. Be interesting to know how they opened the car to reset it. Presumably brought the key with them. And I would like to know what the reset was and how it was done.

5081 - 5100 of 6625 Posts