Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

5861 - 5880 of 5964 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Evezy obviously have the Polar charging side covered, but its good to Octopus Energy leading the field again...

I’m not sure leading the field Is the right phrase, given they are only joining a small, Expensive and slow charging nertwork with aspirations for more, there’s no incentive to the others to team up. Polar is the leader of them all right now

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Tesla quietly adds bidirectional charging capability for game-changing new features

This bodes well for Tesla and the Energy side of the business which is expected to dwarf the automotive side in the future…

·
Registered
ZE40 R110 EVEZY referral 8bbd0
51 Posts
If one of the letters towards the end is Y, it’ll be the one I returned
If one of the letters towards the end is Y, it’ll be the one I returned
Delivery date arrived and first problems...

They took first payment without applying referral and car appears on the app with different regs than then one in the drivers agreement (the ones I already use to apply to council parking permit).

Car not delivered yet (12 to 17 it should be)

I just contacted them on the website's chat, they said they will refund first's months referral and will send new drivers agreement. Apologised for inconvenience.

Now let's see if I can easily change the permit...

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Octopus Energy Agile Tariff... mega plunge prices tomorrow....

This is not a drill — tomorrow is a mega plunge!
An unprecendented combination of low demand with surplus wind and solar means there‘s 12.5 hours of plunge pricing tomorrow, with prices dropping below -10p / kWh in some areas.

Those who can enjoy charging everything you have and then some more.:D

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Elmo are showing a single e-Niro is available again... avail from 15Jun (via connected kerb), collect from Southampton, or get it delivered.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So my lovely BMW i3 goes back next Saturday... I have held on for it this long but been told by work we will not be out on the roads again until Sept at the earliest, I cant justify the money just sitting on the drive... I am paying to store a car for Evezy!
Its a real shame they could not come up with some sort of solution to help people in these times but as everyone says, they are a business and they got to make money... Just how much is it costing them to store cars when people could have been keeping them on their own drives, with a limit of 100 miles a month for say half the price! They would have still been making more money than them sitting in their depo, UNLESS they have crazy demand for people wanting cars!!!
I will be back as Love the principle of Evezy, just think they have not made the best moves during this time...
So some questions for you folk:
  1. What have other people done with their cars?
  2. Was it worth holding on and paying all that money on the off chance of winning a Tesla for a month?
  3. What would you say the short term solution is? (the possibility of a second lockdown is real)
  4. How are you feeling as an Evezy customer right now?

·
Registered
351 Posts
So my lovely BMW i3 goes back next Saturday... I have held on for it this long but been told by work we will not be out on the roads again until Sept at the earliest, I cant justify the money just sitting on the drive... I am paying to store a car for Evezy!
Its a real shame they could not come up with some sort of solution to help people in these times but as everyone says, they are a business and they got to make money... Just how much is it costing them to store cars when people could have been keeping them on their own drives, with a limit of 100 miles a month for say half the price! They would have still been making more money than them sitting in their depo, UNLESS they have crazy demand for people wanting cars!!!
I will be back as Love the principle of Evezy, just think they have not made the best moves during this time...
  2. Was it worth holding on and paying all that money on the off chance of winning a Tesla for a month?
  3. What would you say the short term solution is? (the possibility of a second lockdown is real)
I sent mine back too, I imagine they have loads of cars sitting around, I think unless demand picks up by end of year they will be difficulty

·
Registered
162 Posts
I sent mine back too, I imagine they have loads of cars sitting around, I think unless demand picks up by end of year they will be difficulty
All their estimates on their website changed from available Mid-May for the i3 and the old Zoe to 12 weeks again so I don't think they have any cars sitting around at the moment.

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,507 Posts
Don’t forget to take down your referral code as if you’ve not got a live subscription anyone using it will not get their discount. Not sure if when you get your next evezy vehicle you will have the same code or if you get a new one.

·
2,507 Posts
  1. What have other people done with their cars? I’ve kept my ZOE as I’m still working, although only doing around 300 miles per month.
  2. Was it worth holding on and paying all that money on the off chance of winning a Tesla for a month? I had a Model S for 3 weeks in December/January so this offer didn’t really interest me.
  3. What would you say the short term solution is? (the possibility of a second lockdown is real) I think for evezy vehicles demand is still greater than supply. The new Zoes are ready to be delivered to the 200 waiting subscribers once the Renault Import Centre gets back to work.
  4. How are you feeling as an Evezy customer right now? A little frustrated waiting for my new Zoe, but been there before when waiting for a Model 3 Performance. Overall still happy with their service.

·
Registered
430 Posts
It's no problem for them if they have too many cars sitting idle - they can just sell them on. But as mentioned above, they still have a waiting list...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Elmo are showing a single e-Niro is available again... avail from 15Jun (via connected kerb), collect from Southampton, or get it delivered.
Thanks!

We just bought a used Kia Soul with delivery expected in a couple of weeks.

Will wait a bit till we add a 2nd EV (via Elmo, Evezy or cash purchase).

·
Registered
366 Posts
  1. What have other people done with their cars? Returned our Tesla Model 3 SR+ at beginning of April. This was after having it for 4 months (i.e. the pre-paid rental amount).
  2. Was it worth holding on and paying all that money on the off chance of winning a Tesla for a month? Not for us, no.
  3. What would you say the short term solution is? (the possibility of a second lockdown is real) In London, things like Congestion Charge is suggested to become longer and 7-days a week from mid-June, but EVs will still be exempt. So actually looks like a potential increase in demand for EVs.
  4. How are you feeling as an Evezy customer right now? Ok. Would have been good if Evezy had sorted our their company car 'scheme' from April like they had first said. We would have kept our Tesla then regardless of lockdown.

·
Registered
2 Posts
  1. What have other people done with their cars? Kept my Zoe.
  2. Was it worth holding on and paying all that money on the off chance of winning a Tesla for a month? Not interested in a Tesla.
  3. What would you say the short term solution is? (the possibility of a second lockdown is real) Happy to keep mine as waiting lists will probably continue with increased demand.
  4. How are you feeling as an Evezy customer right now? Very happy.
Edit 30th May 2020: Since Evezy introduced mileage packages and removed mileage roll over I’ve changed my answer to 4 to: Disappointed.

·
Evezy referral code: d4113
107 Posts
1. I took delivery of a M3 SR+ on 8 April so a few weeks into lock down and doing 1000 miles per month as I'm a key worker, so nothing changed for me re work.
2. yes
3. See above. wont affect me (apart from the fact I haven't been able to drive much beyond my daily commute).
4. Chuffed to bits apart from the fact that I've benefited from others misfortune (pretty certain I wouldn't have this car right now but for the fact that loads of people have clearly handed them back and probably reluctantly).

·
2,507 Posts
4. Chuffed to bits apart from the fact that I've benefited from others misfortune (pretty certain I wouldn't have this car right now but for the fact that loads of people have clearly handed them back and probably reluctantly).
And it couldn’t have gone to a nicer person. Thanks for whatever you are doing as a key worker.

·
Evezy referral code: d4113
107 Posts
I don't deserve any thanks, reserve that for proper front line people which I'm certainly not (food industry). The person left the car with it still signed into his/her Spotify account so I had a name. Probably someone furloughed or working from home, but made me feel sad for them and left a slightly sour taste as I expect many have been financially forced to hand back a dream car that they didn't really expect to or want to. Hey Ho.

·
2,507 Posts
I don't deserve any thanks, reserve that for proper front line people which I'm certainly not (food industry).
No good a doctor saving you if you’ve got nothing to eat after.

5861 - 5880 of 5964 Posts