Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 3512 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
All in all a pretty painless experience. Picked up Zoe from the Small Heath (Birmingham). Slight hitch with the booking not appearing in the app, but after leaving a message on the 0800 number, got a call back within 10 mins and all swiftly rectified. Was then able to access the vehicle, note the damage (some scratches to the paint on the inner boot lip, and drive away.

135 miles (est) in the battery and car had been cleaned inside and out. Really pleased with it so far - off to practise charging somewhere quiet so I look like a pro when I turn up to a service station :)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Excellent, good luck with the charging. How many miles had the car done when you picked it up?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Excellent, good luck with the charging. How many miles had the car done when you picked it up?
48! Although not sure what had been transported in those few miles (in addition to the scratches on the inner boot lip, the rear seats had been down as the belts were stuck behind the seat). Both charging cables still in original packaging, and usual first aid/triangle/hi vis kit in the boot.

Charging process went fine (Fast charger in an Asda, and a Polar Ultracharge station at a local Holiday Inn) although pretty sure wasn't getting a rapid charge. Spent an hour there and only put about 40% back in. By my rough man maths about 12KWh. Is the truly rapid charge on the Zoe an option ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
48! Although not sure what had been transported in those few miles (in addition to the scratches on the inner boot lip, the rear seats had been down as the belts were stuck behind the seat). Both charging cables still in original packaging, and usual first aid/triangle/hi vis kit in the boot.

Charging process went fine (Fast charger in an Asda, and a Polar Ultracharge station at a local Holiday Inn) although pretty sure wasn't getting a rapid charge. Spent an hour there and only put about 40% back in. By my rough man maths about 12KWh. Is the truly rapid charge on the Zoe an option ?
The R110 should charge at 22kw. Mine does. There are a lot of factors affecting charge speed though. How full was the battery and what % did you get it up to?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Not sure about the Zoe (I went i3) Any problems with the ultra charger or was it just a case of presenting the card from the glovebox?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Was at about 30% when I started and got it to 70% after an hour on the Ultra charge station. It (the car) estimated it needed another hour to fully charge. Now showing an estimated range of 97 miles.

Just tapped the RFID card onto the station, plugged it in and away it went - that bit was super easy. Thankfully I'd read in the manual that you need to press the charge door release button again to release the connector before removing, otherwise I'd be left wondering why i couldn't unplug it. Tapped the card again and the charge session completed.

·
evezy referral code d6540
801 Posts

I had the same experience after picking up my Zoe. Only charging at around 12Kw on several 22Kw and 43Kw charging points. Thought something was wrong with the car. It was during a cold snap and as soon as the temperature went into double figures the charging rate increased to 22Kw and has been ever since. A good trick when the weather is cold is to warm up the battery by travelling at higher speeds before attempting to charge.

My car had done almost 500 miles already so maybe it had been used by someone else and then handed back after the first month. Charging cables were no longer in original packaging! The car though was immaculate inside and out with just a small scuff on one of the alloys. I had 68 miles range on the GOM but didn’t have far to go so no problem. My registration starts with PJ 68. Did you get a 19 model ?

·
evezy referral code d6540
801 Posts
If you hear a rumble at the back of the car, its the heating kicking in to warm up the battery, it will stop when the battery hits 18 degree, thats for the 40kWh battery
I thought that was a fan to cool the battery when it’s rapid charging.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Only had mine since december so have not heard the sound it will make if cooling, i would suggest getting hold of the right obdii dongle and try use canze while charging, was a good way for me to learn about the car (y)
The OBD2 port is used by Evezy for Comms so it's not accessible for connecting your own dongle and using CanZE.

·
Registered
19 Posts

According to leccy.net charging a 40kw Zoe from 30%-70% on a 22kw charger should have added 16.4kwh and taken around 56 min.
To charge it all the way to 100% should be 2h04m.
On a 43kw charger it would have taken about 32 Min.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
8=100% took me just under 2 hours Saturday at the services on a 22kW post - so I would agree with that. The R110 does not rapid charge - that was the now defunct Q90 model. But the time difference was about 15 mins I think.

This sounds a lot like that bloke who failed at leasing Zoe's - glad to see someone finally got around to it and I do like the idea - I would love that app for my car - not sure how Open bonnet works unless that is somehow a powered handle? Considering electricity and insurance etc is included - that works out quite well - although it's a R110 so won't rapid charge and a lot of the graphics seem to have been nicked from Drive Electric's website.

A few things I noticed

• Hands-free keycard with push button <-- nope not yet.. app only
  • Left hand drive cars in pictures <-- is this a UK site or not?
Apart from that if the mileage was more and I didn't have a Zoe already I would be dam interested! My Zoe with unlimited miles on the battery is £289 as it happens, so 1000 a month isn't enough right now

·
Premium Member
9,696 Posts
The OBD2 port is used by Evezy for Comms so it's not accessible for connecting your own dongle and using CanZE.
Isn't that arrangement untidy in Zoe due to where socket is?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Do you give you an option for business class 1 insurance?

Need it due to work policy.

Or can you insure the car yourself for business use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
From watching a uTube video (i forget the name of the guy who vlogged about his Evezy experience) you are covered for "occasional business use" which is higher than SDP + commuting although might not be as comprehensive as you need

41 - 60 of 3512 Posts
About this Discussion
3.5K Replies
148 Participants
urpert
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing