Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

6001 - 6020 of 6124 Posts

·
Registered
15,539 Posts
3 things.
Why would a car go totally flat in 2 days. It had miles left when I parked plus the 12v. 2 days not two weeks

The charger was plugged in and working. It was locked onto the port. It started charging immediately the car was jumped by the recovery truck.

And the access to the 12v is a joke.
Quite easily if there were single digit miles. The pack disconnects and shuts off to protect itself.

Worth looking at the logs to see what happened, as it may be that the UMC stopped charging.

You don’t need to access the 12v battery itself to jump it. Just open the frunk. Shows how much the recovery guy knew. It’s in the manual.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Maybe some of the Evezy Leaf subscribers on here might be interested in this...

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
1,214 Posts
Has anyone tried using an OBD splitter with an Evezy car so that you can plug in an OBD dongle? I’d like to use an OBD dongle with A Better Route Planner, but a little unsure about what would happen when I unplug the Evezy device to insert the splitter...

·
Registered
Get £50 off Evezy! Referral code e8615
1,727 Posts
if they’ve given you a key, just rip the thing out and never put it back (they probably won’t notice).

If not, I wouldn’t get into it...

·
Registered
ZE40 R110 EVEZY referral 8bbd0
74 Posts
First evezy fellow I’ve seen in real life!
Near Salford central train St. I left mine charging and when I came back at around 1850, there was another ZE40 charging in front of mine. I checked out of curiosity and yeah, evezy sticker on a side. Cool

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,739 Posts
First evezy fellow I’ve seen in real life!
Near Salford central train St. I left mine charging and when I came back at around 1850, there was another ZE40 charging in front of mine. I checked out of curiosity and yeah, evezy sticker on a side. Cool
Mystery evezy Zoe driver...step forward and identify yourself 😉

·
Registered
74 Posts
Evezy beta, bold move lol
I have to say that today it's my 4th week as evezy driver (ZOE), and I've been using their beta app since the beginning.

I have not had any troubles with it yet (fingers crossed it'll continue like that). (I can't say the same about 7kW CYC/GMEV street chargers tho).

·
Evezy referral code: d4113
120 Posts
Just received an email saying I’ve been chosen to beta test the hands free unlock device.
I'm still hopeful, mainly because ever since I've had the Evezy app front and centre on my phone (driving to / from work) IFTTT has stopped triggering on geolocation so my smart central heating doesn't turn on/off on my way to/from work anymore.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Once the car is on, the app can be exited until required again. There’s no ongoing checks.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I have to say that today it's my 4th week as evezy driver (ZOE), and I've been using their beta app since the beginning.

I have not had any troubles with it yet (fingers crossed it'll continue like that). (I can't say the same about 7kW CYC/GMEV street chargers tho).
Do you check zapmap for the status of posts?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Evezy’s website now says fully booked for the ZE40s. I guess they will only re-offer them if someone hands theirs back.
There is a serious need of new stock and models on the low end of the spectrum I’d say.
Hopefully it won’t take much longer for the announcements.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Problem with the current EV market is that the low end of the spectrum is very limited. Are those Mii/Up things still being made? I guess the MG would be a good option too.

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
Registered
74 Posts
Problem with the current EV market is that the low end of the spectrum is very limited. Are those Mii/Up things still being made? I guess the MG would be a good option too.
I think that most of the triplets were actually sold to fleets. Which EVEZY could be one.

anyway according to the beta app it’s likely to be the ds3 and e208 Gt.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
One issue is that at the low end people tend to drive few miles, hence new EVs have to complete with 2nd hand ICE. There are also more CO2 fines to be advoided by converting a large ICE sale into a EV sale.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I’m not sure about the “low miles” claim, lots of folk drive second hand to and from work every day, but you’re absolutely right that new EVs will never compete with a well-specced 3 year old Ford Focus. What are those, 9-10k? Bulletproof, cheap to run... shame about the manual transmission though.

Not all of us “low mile” drivers go for second hand ICE either - I’ve only done 1000 miles in my Model 3 since December!

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,739 Posts
Not all of us “low mile” drivers go for second hand ICE either - I’ve only done 1000 miles in my Model 3 since December!
Quality rather than quantity then ;)

6001 - 6020 of 6124 Posts