Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

6181 - 6200 of 6289 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,895 Posts
TBH would they not be exempt if they just got a business insurance policy to cover their younger staff?
I thought they’d make an exception for their employees. Seems like they live by there own rules ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
A number of times, I’ve suggested forming a Focus Group made up of subscribers. They could then present any changes to them first, and get their reaction. This would no doubt help to better communicate and deliver any new initiatives. This would avoid any “filling in the gaps” or backtracking that they’ve had to do on a number of occasions before.

I don’t believe they always think through the implications of what they decide to do. Surprisingly, not many of the team are also subscribers. This is because many are young and don’t meet the insurance requirements. But this means they find it difficult to put themselves in the subscribers shoes, and are sometimes surprised by the community’s reaction to changes to the offer.

A group of diverse subscribers could well represent the greater community’s interest and perspective. When I repeated the suggestion on the ONTO forum, there was no lack of willing volunteers.

Maybe ONTO have formed a group...I just wasn’t invited to participate 🤣
Thanks for the detailed reply earlier - it does make you a lot more credible in my eyes seeing as "you're one of us."

Haha about them having formed a group - given your level of involvement I'd expect them to make you the founding partner of the group!!

I totally get yours and @Durzel's view - this is no doubt an innovative car scheme. My expectations were absolutely not the moon on a stick - having an incredible flexible option like onto provides was a no brainer to me when I signed up end of last year. Back then, I was excited to get the car, had already confirmed that they'd help with getting me a charger at home.

But with all the benefits of a flexible membership came the onslaught of worries after -- price increases (£799 vs £999 is a big difference), availability (I still don't have a car), communications (I have no idea of when / if I'll get a car), transparency (why does my position in the queue change randomly - back and forward), changing rules (minimum 30 years old for insurance as new requirement - cutting my wife out the equation), more changing rules (the recent few changes they've announced, some that were taken back).

I do understand growing pains, I do. But there are some components of this growing business that do need to scale up to deal with the field they're on now - if they want to remain relevant they need to beef up their internal experience and team capabilities as a critical starting point.

I'm sure that if I were behind the wheel of a car I'd have little if any complaints, assuming they'd continue to honour £799/mo all in, charge my card, and just have my membership be this seamless pain-free and continuous process. So maybe the thoughts above are far more from a presales + growth perspective, rather than their core service which appears to be fine.

There was a point (i.e. when I registered last year) that £799/month was an unbelievable offer for the flexibility. But as I sit around being jerked around on a waiting list on onto, the stability and security and customer service and transparency of a lease rapidly goes up and up, as the lease price goes down and down. The lease I've ended up going for roughly adds up to £700/month all in over a 3 year contract - with insurance, charging estimates etc. I lose the flexibility and have to commit for 3 years, but I gain on price (£700 vs. £799 or now £999), I gain on mileage, I gain on European travel, I gain on a single stable contract / agreement from the start rather than something that can change monthly, I gain on having the Tesla app, I gain on not having a big camera mounted on my dash, I gain on even simple things like airport parking etc etc.

·
2,895 Posts
Maybe once they have improved vehicle supply, they should actively encourage as many employees as possible to have one of their vehicles. Perhaps then some of the issues would be resolved much quicker. Once the Finance Director has had a soaking a few times because the app won’t open his BMW i3, pressure might be brought to bear on the right people :)

·
2,895 Posts
Thanks for the detailed reply earlier - it does make you a lot more credible in my eyes seeing as "you're one of us."

Haha about them having formed a group - given your level of involvement I'd expect them to make you the founding partner of the group!!

I totally get yours and @Durzel's view - this is no doubt an innovative car scheme. My expectations were absolutely not the moon on a stick - having an incredible flexible option like onto provides was a no brainer to me when I signed up end of last year. Back then, I was excited to get the car, had already confirmed that they'd help with getting me a charger at home.

But with all the benefits of a flexible membership came the onslaught of worries after -- price increases (£799 vs £999 is a big difference), availability (I still don't have a car), communications (I have no idea of when / if I'll get a car), transparency (why does my position in the queue change randomly - back and forward), changing rules (minimum 30 years old for insurance as new requirement - cutting my wife out the equation), more changing rules (the recent few changes they've announced, some that were taken back).

I do understand growing pains, I do. But there are some components of this growing business that do need to scale up to deal with the field they're on now - if they want to remain relevant they need to beef up their internal experience and team capabilities as a critical starting point.

I'm sure that if I were behind the wheel of a car I'd have little if any complaints, assuming they'd continue to honour £799/mo all in, charge my card, and just have my membership be this seamless pain-free and continuous process. So maybe the thoughts above are far more from a presales + growth perspective, rather than their core service which appears to be fine.

There was a point (i.e. when I registered last year) that £799/month was an unbelievable offer for the flexibility. But as I sit around being jerked around on a waiting list on onto, the stability and security and customer service and transparency of a lease rapidly goes up and up, as the lease price goes down and down. The lease I've ended up going for roughly adds up to £700/month all in over a 3 year contract - with insurance, charging estimates etc. I lose the flexibility and have to commit for 3 years, but I gain on price (£700 vs. £799 or now £999), I gain on mileage, I gain on European travel, I gain on a single stable contract / agreement from the start rather than something that can change monthly, I gain on having the Tesla app, I gain on not having a big camera mounted on my dash, I gain on even simple things like airport parking etc etc.
I definitely benefitted by being with them during the honeymoon period. I had a vehicle within 2 days and direct contact with the main shakers and movers. Then things did go pear shaped as you rightly describe. Some things were out of their control, such as the general EV supply issues, and of course COVID-19. Where they could have done better is communication. I have publicly criticised them for stringing people along for months over the arrival of Model 3. They had £3k of my money for 5 months while I waited for a M3 Performance. I couldn’t understand what the business case was for not simply saying we won’t have any M3s for the foreseeable future. It’s not like they were suddenly going to get landed with a bunch of cars that they wouldn’t be able to find new customers for.

I concede that if I’d registered when you did, any goodwill I had would be wearing very thin by now. Anyway pleased you’ve found another solution which is as good as, if not better than ONTO.

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
Registered
493 Posts
I moved from Evezy to a normal lease recently and the convienience of evezy definitely does not make up for the massive price difference, huge excess and limitations of the app key nonsense

also it must be annoying that they keep changing things, this is another change to T&Cs in 2020 only a few months since the last change

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,617 Posts
I was glad of the choice Evezy brought to market but the convenience is not exactly where it should be because they are saying they don't have enough cars to meet demand?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Quick one, got about 150 pages to catch up on, Is I4CH still the preferred choice here?

I managed to sort out my excess claim with Questor, but they in no uncertain terms said they will not pay out on any further claims. (Renewal is August anyway)

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Quick one, got about 150 pages to catch up on, Is I4CH still the preferred choice here?

I managed to sort out my excess claim with Questor, but they in no uncertain terms said they will not pay out on any further claims. (Renewal is August anyway)

Yes, Recommend solution....

·
Play by the king and love is all I bring
1,740 Posts
massive price difference
I'm currently paying £359 a month to Evezy. I also don't like the keyless / app requirement, but i'm struggling to find a lease deal cheaper, even when I look at 36 month deals. Any suggestion?

·
2,895 Posts
I'm currently paying £359 a month to Evezy. I also don't like the keyless / app requirement, but i'm struggling to find a lease deal cheaper, even when I look at 36 month deals. Any suggestion?
What evezy vehicle have you got for £359? And what vehicle(s) are you interested in?

·
1,740 Posts
What evezy vehicle have you got for £359? And what vehicle(s) are you interested in?
Sorry, I should have said, it's an i3. Only interested in another i3.

·
2,895 Posts
Sorry, I should have said, it's an i3. Only interested in another i3.
Firstly, you should be paying £399 for an i3, unless you were able to negotiate a discount, being royalty and all! There are less good deals on i3s than Zoes and e-208s etc.

To remind anyone not familiar with evezy, that price includes insurance, maintenance and servicing and a polar subscription. So you’re probably looking for something cheaper than £339 a month to beat evezy.

Reactions: Axel

·
1,740 Posts
Firstly, you should be paying £399 for an i3, unless you were able to negotiate a discount, being royalty and all! There are less good deals on i3s than Zoes and e-208s etc.

To remind anyone not familiar with evezy, that price includes insurance, maintenance and servicing and a polar subscription. So you’re probably looking for something cheaper than £339 a month to beat evezy.
Yes, you are right. I guess £359 is still the best price going. Even with the extra £35 a month to reduce the excess.

Incidentally, I believe the reason I am paying £359 is because this is the older model.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am, to use your terms, a non incentivised champion of their product. I would say I’m level headed and balanced, and wouldn’t describe myself as an ONTO fanboy. I don’t believe that they can do no wrong.
But you told me by PM that you got a kick-back every time you mentioned their company name?!

Joking obviously (lols).
I had my Evezy car for 8 months and I was really happy with the service and the price. I didn't experience any issues of being locked-out of my car as some have, and all in all it was a pretty trouble-free and painless process. Even the complaints I hear about not having a key and having to rely on the App I found had it's pros and cons. For every time I grumbled to myself that it would be easier to unlock the thing pressing a button on a keyfob, I had another time where I thought ooh I don't need to even look for my key, I'll just use the app. So it's not that big of a deal.

But I'll admit after seeing some of the changes I'm also a little bit relieved that I've now left and gone for a conventional lease, more due to the uncertainty of future changes and price rises than anything else. It was, and still is I believe a great way to experience an EV without a long term commitment.
Obviously the company has grown and evolved since I got my car, and the monthly price has increased, you now have to pay for collection/delivery, and the recent contract terms change has to made it more obviously designed for short term leasing rather than long term (which I know was the intention originally, but some users such as myself were quite happy to continue on a longer term basis). But now you get the ability to add on mileage packages and international travel, so it's certainly more flexible now too.

Ben

·
1,740 Posts
Does anybody have a Zoe with Evezy and knows what the details / costs of the extra mileage options are, please? I can’t seem to find the info on the website.

·
2,895 Posts
Even with the extra £35 a month to reduce the excess.
Have you not considered Insurance4carhire. Their car hire excess cover costs £40 per annum. They’ve paid out a couple of evezy subscriber‘s claims. And they excess is £0.

Now that we’ll be signing new contracts every month, it’s even clearer that this is a monthly car hire agreement, rather than a long term lease. As long as their maximum consecutive day hire period is 31 days or more, they should cover ONTO just as they would any other Car Rental company.

·
2,895 Posts
Incidentally, I believe the reason I am paying £359 is because this is the older model.
You’re right. Didn’t realise there was still some of these smaller battery i3s on the fleet.

·
2,895 Posts
Does anybody have a Zoe with Evezy and knows what the details / costs of the extra mileage options are, please? I can’t seem to find the info on the website.
1C3517AB-0048-4968-ACC2-44E243C754BB.png

Sign into your account and select Additional Miles and this is what you’ll see. This is for a Zoe ZE40. Your’s will no doubt show the costs for an i3.

·
1,740 Posts
View attachment 133113

Sign into your account and select Additional Miles and this is what you’ll see. This is for a Zoe ZE40. Your’s will no doubt show the costs for an i3.
Thank you for that. It’s the costs for Zoe ZE40 that I am looking for, as I am considering getting one of those as well.

Reactions: E7EV
6181 - 6200 of 6289 Posts