Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

6201 - 6220 of 6289 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm currently paying £359 a month to Evezy. I also don't like the keyless / app requirement, but i'm struggling to find a lease deal cheaper, even when I look at 36 month deals. Any suggestion?
Yeah you won't find a deal like that. Even on a 6x35 option you'll pay £375 for the car alone. Hold onto the evezy option!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks for the plug for I4CH

Signed up with TopCashback and got 26.5% cashback tracked!

Also a shameless plug for TCB, get a free £5 bonus on your first purchase

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm currently paying £359 a month to Evezy. I also don't like the keyless / app requirement, but i'm struggling to find a lease deal cheaper, even when I look at 36 month deals. Any suggestion?
I’m paying £290pm on a 1+24 deal on a ZE50 with 15k miles. Evezy would be £419pm Plus the additional miles.

Even with insurance and servicing it’s a huge difference. I also know my price won’t change, my excess is £200, I’m maintaining my NCD and I won’t get locked out the car randomly.

It was also delivered to my house at no additional cost.

What does Evezy offer on this kind of deal other than being able to give it back ? It’s quite a price difference!

·
Play by the king and love is all I bring
1,740 Posts
I’m paying £290pm on a 1+24 deal on a ZE50 with 15k miles. Evezy would be £419pm Plus the additional miles.

Even with insurance and servicing it’s a huge difference. I also know my price won’t change, my excess is £200, I’m maintaining my NCD and I won’t get locked out the car randomly.

It was also delivered to my house at no additional cost.

What does Evezy offer on this kind of deal other than being able to give it back ? It’s quite a price difference!
Do you have a link to that ZE50 deal please?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Do you have a link to that ZE50 deal please?
Closest I can find with 10k miles

·
Registered
98 Posts
I ordered in April, so may have changed now, but it’s with electric auto who are part of zen auto leasing

mines a GT line with CCS and metallic paint
Electric auto are amazing so far. That's who I've gone with for my tesla m3. If you contact directly they offer better than what's on leasing.com or even their website - and your overall cost barely changes if you go for a much smaller up front so you don't have to invest loads for the first payment.

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,895 Posts

Even with insurance and servicing it’s a huge difference.
Everyone’s situation is different. To that lease deal, I would need to add £90 a month insurance, £10 a month for servicing and £8 a month for polar subscription. That’s £398

I have to use public chargers. Let’s assume half my 10k miles are free, and I pay 12p per kWh in addition to my polar subscription. At 4mpkWh, those 5k miles would cost me £150 pa, or £12.50 a month. So that now comes to £410 per month.

If I keep the ONTO Zoe for the same 24 months as your lease, thanks to £50 off for the first three months I will pay the equivalent of £413 per month, so only £3 more than if I got the same good lease deal as you.

For every referral I get during that 24 months, that reduces my monthly cost by £2. So if I only get two, ONTO will work out £1 per month cheaper than if I got a lease deal like yours, and then had to pay all the other costs on top.

So in my case, ONTO is the better option. In your case it’s not. It probably comes down to the difference in insurance costs, and how many referrals you get.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Everyone’s situation is different. To that lease deal, I would need to add £90 a month insurance, £10 a month for servicing and £8 a month for polar subscription. That’s £398

I have to use public chargers. Let’s assume half my 10k miles are free, and I pay 12p per kWh in addition to my polar subscription. At 4mpkWh, those 5k miles would cost me £150 pa, or £12.50 a month. So that now comes to £410 per month.

If I keep the ONTO Zoe for the same 24 months as your lease, thanks to £50 off for the first three months I will pay the equivalent of £413 per month, so only £3 more than if I got the same good lease deal as you.

For every referral I get during that 24 months, that reduces my monthly cost by £2. So if I only get two, ONTO will work out £1 per month cheaper than if I got a lease deal like yours, and then had to pay all the other costs on top.

So in my case, ONTO is the better option. In your case it’s not. It probably comes down to the difference in insurance costs, and how many referrals you get.

its only going to need one service at around £90

£90 a month insurance what are you 17?

Also you can’t bank on referrals as they aren’t guaranteed.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Some post code locations are considered significantly higher risk than others, irrespective of policyholder's age.

Reactions: E7EV

·
Registered
98 Posts

Haha! That's some creative man math 😂

To be fair to the lease option if we're doing man math, then you need to also factor in NCD savings in future years, a huge amount saved if you drive to Europe, and the convenience savings of doing a valet airport parking option as opposed to a taxi since you have the keys. Oh and onto you need to add all the pick up and delivery costs and for completeness add a good contingency on top for future random changes to the contract which will be out of the customers pockets.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Some post code locations are considered significantly higher risk than others, irrespective of policyholder's age.
That has to be a hell of a high risk neighbourhood for that insurance price. I reran my tesla quote for an i3 and it's £25/month. I'm sure there are age and location factors, but I wouldn't expect this level of variance unless you have points and claims every month and have no fixed abode 😂

·
2,895 Posts
its only going to need one service at around £90
Ok. So that’s £7.50 a month then.

As @ohit1 said, it’s because I live in the highest risk area and have nogot any NCB. If you live in a low risk area, and have maximum NCB, then the difference between our insurance costs will be substantial. I used the cheapest quote I could find, and added breakdown cover. LV= wanted £2100.

Also you can’t bank on referrals as they aren’t guaranteed.
I can. I was being conservative by saying I expect 2 in the next 24 months. I know I have 7 in the pipeline. Those people are just waiting for vehicles, and they’ll be at least 1100 coming in the next 24 months. If you like, during the next 2 years I’ll let you know every time I get one ;)

·
2,895 Posts
Haha! That's some creative man math
a huge amount saved if you drive to Europe
I don’t

convenience savings of doing a valet airport parking option as opposed to a taxi since you have the keys.
I can get to major airports for less than £15 return. How much does your valet parking cost?

Oh and onto you need to add all the pick up and delivery costs
You’re rightI forgot about that. As I’d be keeping the car for 24 months, they’ll just be the delivery cost of £24.50. The swap points will be back within two years, so no return costs.

and for completeness add a good contingency on top for future random changes to the contract which will be out of the customers pockets.
If that happens, I can jump ship and come over to a 24 month lease like you guys ;)

Like I’ve said before, I’m not joined at the hip to ONTO. In my present situation, they are cheaper. If that changes, I’ll change. Simple. I don’t like being tied down for years. The flexibility ONTO offers is important to me, just as European driving and valet parking are to you.

I’ve conceded that ONTO is not a good solution for you. I’m not trying to argue that it is. Why can’t you concede that they are good for me, in my current situation? Are you being incentivised by your leasing company to criticise ONTO. We need to know this, so readers of this thread are clear on your motives. Oh, and I hope you don’t take any offence at this request;)

·
2,895 Posts
That has to be a hell of a high risk neighbourhood for that insurance price. I reran my tesla quote for an i3 and it's £25/month. I'm sure there are age and location factors, but I wouldn't expect this level of variance unless you have points and claims every month and have no fixed abode 😂
Car insurance postcode risk codes, A lowest, F highest:

CFD5740A-81FC-45EE-934B-CBBDF182CCFF.png

@ohit1 lives in the next borough to me, so he knows what he’s talking about. What is the first part of your postcode, and how much NCB have you got?

·
Play by the king and love is all I bring
1,740 Posts

View attachment 133152

@ohit1 lives in the next borough to me, so he knows what he’s talking about. What is the first part of your postcode, and how much NCB have you got?
E17?

baby if you’ve got to go away...

Reactions: urpert and E7EV

·
Registered
493 Posts
You won’t get any NCD staying with Evezy so you are only costing yourself

you also haven’t factored in the changes to terms that seem to happen twice a year, referrals might go away, and if they go bust you’re immediately locked out of the car, all factors you don’t get with a normal lease.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don’t

I can get to major airports for less than £15 return. How much does your valet parking cost?

You’re rightI forgot about that. As I’d be keeping the car for 24 months, they’ll just be the delivery cost of £24.50. The swap points will be back within two years, so no return costs.

If that happens, I can jump ship and come over to a 24 month lease like you guys ;)

Like I’ve said before, I’m not joined at the hip to ONTO. In my present situation, they are cheaper. If that changes, I’ll change. Simple. I don’t like being tied down for years. The flexibility ONTO offers is important to me, just as European driving and valet parking are to you.

I’ve conceded that ONTO is not a good solution for you. I’m not trying to argue that it is. Why can’t you concede that they are good for me, in my current situation? Are you being incentivised by your leasing company to criticise ONTO. We need to know this, so readers of this thread are clear on your motives. Oh, and I hope you don’t take any offence at this request;)
I really really appreciate our discussions, just so you know - I'm full on lol'ing now!

I was literally thinking the same thing before I saw your post - as with any finance option (think mortgage, credit cards, loans etc) , it boils down to personal circumstance / use case, and it's impossible to compare oranges with apples (other than they're both fruit).

In my case if I were to pick some of the cheaper options on onto they're 100% going to be cheaper and have flexibility over a lease. For other cars (including the one I'm signed up for) they'll be significantly pricier. But that would be completely different for other people based on age, location, credit availability, use case, NCD, car preference etc etc etc.

Sorry to kill this debate, but i'm sure we have another debate coming up in the next few weeks / months when I lose a further 3 positions in my onto waitlist and/or they make another material change to their contract.

·
Registered
98 Posts

View attachment 133152

We may have been neighbours! I'm an ex-E16. But had an underground secured parking garage in my block so that probably impacted my premium. And NCD.

If you do organise an onto "meetup" even if I'm not a customer I would come along, if nothing else to have ridiculous debates like we do here!

6201 - 6220 of 6289 Posts