Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

6221 - 6240 of 6291 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,897 Posts
You won’t get any NCD staying with Evezy so you are only costing yourself

you also haven’t factored in the changes to terms that seem to happen twice a year, referrals might go away, and if they go bust you’re immediately locked out of the car, all factors you don’t get with a normal lease.
The point you keep missing is that if any of this happens, I can walk away and go down another route. I like the flexibility and short commitment, and am willing to pay for it.

·
2,897 Posts
We may have been neighbours! I'm an ex-E16. But had an underground secured parking garage in my block so that probably impacted my premium. And NCD.

If you do organise an onto "meetup" even if I'm not a customer I would come along, if nothing else to have ridiculous debates like we do here!
I moved into the area as an adult and did live in E16 for a couple of years. Ravenscroft Road, off New Barn Street Don’t know how long it is since you left, but the East End has suffered large increases in insurance premiums in recent years. If someone’s car is stolen a couple of doors down from you, next renewal they’ll clobber you as well. E7 is marked as refer which means they may look at your risk on a street by street basis. All the insurance scams haven’t helped either.

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,707 Posts
Car insurance postcode risk codes, A lowest, F highest:

View attachment 133152

@ohit1 lives in the next borough to me, so he knows what he’s talking about. What is the first part of your postcode, and how much NCB have you got?
Surely "Refer" is higher than "F". Refer usually means "phone us so we can laugh at you in person!" 🤦‍♂️

·
Evezy referral code: d4113
142 Posts
and if they go bust you’re immediately locked out of the car, all factors you don’t get with a normal lease.
Surely the administrators would want to keep cash coming into the business for as long as possible whilst they try to find a buyer or wind up. I think you'd have at least a month or more, rather than waking up one morning with no car.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Interesting to see the debate between lease and subscription and reasons some rate lease better.
The real issue for many looking at an EV is the uncertainty of having an EV and can they even live with one.
The huge deposit and long term commitment will drive many to a monthly subscription to test the waters.
Many will stick with it for longer terms as EV’s are evolving quickly and the perceived risks of Commitment or ownership. EV’s are still very much for early adopters. It will be many years before they become mainstream and I suspect by that time there will be yet another upheaval in automotive technology.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Interesting to see the debate between lease and subscription and reasons some rate lease better.
The real issue for many looking at an EV is the uncertainty of having an EV and can they even live with one.
The huge deposit and long term commitment will drive many to a monthly subscription to test the waters.
Many will stick with it for longer terms as EV’s are evolving quickly and the perceived risks of Commitment or ownership. EV’s are still very much for early adopters. It will be many years before they become mainstream and I suspect by that time there will be yet another upheaval in automotive technology.
huge deposit? Great deals to be had with a 1 month deposit

·
Registered
417 Posts
I had an email today that my Zoe is ready! I’m not sure I’m in a position for it to still be worthwhile as both me and my partner are working from home. Tricky one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Agree completely. It's not about the money it's about trying out the car for a limited period. If the Onto business, or rather the manufacturers supply of new models, was running normally I would be on my third different car by now. I am quite happy to try the Tesla for a few months but as i expected the Model 3 is too small for family transport and too big for commuting, although i am softening on that point as I really like it. What it has meant is that I would be willing to risk the long term commitment to a Model Y or posibly a second hand X.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I forgot to mention that another key issue for many is the lack of choice of vehicles (estate, hatchback, suv, roadster, 4x4, towing, price, range, etc.) and by their manufacturer of choice. Whilst all the die hard converts on here enjoy the benefits of EV’s and have done for years in some cases, there are masses more who are simply not interested and won’t be until EV’s become mainstream. Many people just don’t have the money to ‘go green’ even if they want to (more so now since Covid19) and will continue with ICE cars as they are a known and proven entity and ‘cheaper’ to acquire new/used and run into the ground. There are only ~100,000 EV’s in the UK compared to ~40 million cars total, so a small drop in the ocean. A long way to go then.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've now had over 24 hours in a Leaf Mk2

As some will know, I had an unfortunate accident in an i3 where the brake pedal went hard, AEBS and ABS didn't engage and I hit another vehicle. (I think low light / direct sunlight was a contributing factor with the camera failing to pick it up)

The Leaf brakes are a totally different kettle of fish! the E-Pedal is nice, but it's a full on "Engine brake" if you take your foot off the accelerator, but the brake pedal is just like an ICE, it works the same way.

I'd suggest the i3 has a totally different setup with the brake pedal where it prioritises re-gen rather than braking. The leaf is a totally different beast, and the boot space is phenominal! It seems the re-gen isn't directly linked to the brake pedal like the i3 is.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Car insurance postcode risk codes, A lowest, F highest:

View attachment 133152

@ohit1 lives in the next borough to me, so he knows what he’s talking about. What is the first part of your postcode, and how much NCB have you got?
That's a very interesting list.

Not sure how entirely accurate it is, but useful when viewed on a relative basis.
For example, where I now live is risk factor E. Our insurance is between £300-£500 depending on the EV I quote for (NCB 15+ years). My parents' postcode (where I used to live) is at the other end of London with a risk of D. Yet, my insurance is more expensive there for all other details the same.
Feel grateful that we are the first road from the border of our post code area: the next street along is risk of F!

I also saw this, which I did not know and useful now as I was thinking of getting an EV moped. But may have to think more carefully about that (we don't have a garage, only a driveway):
"Any motorcycles in areas D, E or F must be garaged in a locked and secured building whilst at the policy holders address. "

On the original point about leasing vs renting a car : I cannot emotionally justify a car lease as my mind is not wired to accept borrowing (a car lease is basically a form of debt) to buy/have a liability. I'd rather buy it for cash or rent for a period of time when we know we have a use.
The Onto/Evezy renting model had a lot of value for us as commitment is just 30 days : direct/linear cost vs usage.
Everyone is different, obviously.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Anyone know how the 'contactless' drop-off works? Do I have to be there? Can it be at some sort of depot or does it have to be at a home address?

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
1,815 Posts
I think they just dump it wherever you ask them to.

I did much the same to them when it came to my “return” 😂

Reactions: booms

·
2,897 Posts
Anyone know how the 'contactless' drop-off works? Do I have to be there? Can it be at some sort of depot or does it have to be at a home address?
I’ll tell you for sure next Tuesday, but I think it works something like this:

The delivery driver arrives at your house.
He knocks the door while having a good old cough.
He shakes your hand and congratulates you on your new car.
He says your address was handy as he was able to drop his daughter at Uni on the way.
He warns you that your EV hasn’t got much puff after 85.
He remarks on the lovely alloys but “don’t they kerb easily”.
He says he wasn’t sure what it took so filled it with four star.
He was curios about the turtle that appeared on the dashboard at the top of your road.
Oh and would you be ever so obliging and drop him off at the station ten miles away.

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
1,815 Posts
Pretty much.

6221 - 6240 of 6291 Posts