Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

6241 - 6260 of 6260 Posts

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Are you aware of any for the i3?
I keep looking and can never get anything near

Edited to comment - the post code list is in no way definitive, but does give a rough idea.
Mine was a great deal found through leasing.com with a company called V4B - seems long gone now though.
(~£250/month with 6 up front)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here's a quick one: Does anyone actually know if Evezy/ONTO use a monitored accelerometer in their dashcams? If so do they give you strikes for fast accelerations and decelerations? I'm interested in a M3P but if this is the case it would make it unjustifiable.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
It has an accelerometer, but that’s just to trigger a “save point” for footage in the event of an accident severe enough to trigger it. They don’t use it for anything like what you suggest.

To be honest, they’re so amateur hour that even if you roll it down a cliff they’ll probably lose the footage down the back of the sofa anyway.

I wouldn’t worry.

Reactions: E7EV and MrMoonUK

·
Registered
8 Posts
It has an accelerometer, but that’s just to trigger a “save point” for footage in the event of an accident severe enough to trigger it. They don’t use it for anything like what you suggest.

To be honest, they’re so amateur hour that even if you roll it down a cliff they’ll probably lose the footage down the back of the sofa anyway.

I wouldn’t worry.
Ha ha. Thanks, they are incredibly misguided. I have been waiting for 11 months for a model 3P. My place in the list is almost never changing but on one month it actually went up! I'm then told by a representative that it's because they "forgot" someone on the list. All in all they need to work on their transparency. Over subscription with no communication doesn't sit well with potential customers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ha ha. Thanks, they are incredibly misguided. I have been waiting for 11 months for a model 3P. My place in the list is almost never changing but on one month it actually went up! I'm then told by a representative that it's because they "forgot" someone on the list. All in all they need to work on their transparency. Over subscription with no communication doesn't sit well with potential customers.
Where are you on the list?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Elmo are showing the MG ZS EV on their car list now, in place of the e-Niro and only the Kona 64kW variant.
No stock showing but seen on FB they are getting ZE50 in Sept. so maybe that will be the case for the MG too, if anyone interested in that on subscription.

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,871 Posts
Elmo are showing the MG ZS EV on their car list now, in place of the e-Niro and only the Kona 64kW variant.
No stock showing but seen on FB they are getting ZE50 in Sept. so maybe that will be the case for the MG too, if anyone interested in that on subscription.
No chance of them getting any ZE50s before the new year. ONTO have mopped them all up 😉

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
Registered
ZE40 R110 EVEZY referral 8bbd0
90 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
No chance of them getting any ZE50s before the new year. ONTO have mopped them all up 😉
Think they will as they posted on FB 29July... a visit to Renault to test their hardware with Renault team...

We visited Renault this morning. The purpose was to work out (with the help of their team) how to install the device we use to track CO2 and fuel savings in the ZOE ZE50...🧐

...we managed to have some fun too...what a fantastic car! 🤩

Thanks for having us, Renault team!

If you want to try one of these for 3 months or more from September, then register interest on elmodrive.com

·
Registered
101 Posts
I’ll tell you for sure next Tuesday, but I think it works something like this:

The delivery driver arrives at your house.
He knocks the door while having a good old cough.
He shakes your hand and congratulates you on your new car.
He says your address was handy as he was able to drop his daughter at Uni on the way.
He warns you that your EV hasn’t got much puff after 85.
He remarks on the lovely alloys but “don’t they kerb easily”.
He says he wasn’t sure what it took so filled it with four star.
He was curios about the turtle that appeared on the dashboard at the top of your road.
Oh and would you be ever so obliging and drop him off at the station ten miles away.
This made me laugh!

I spoke to Evezy - apparently you don't need to be there for when the drop it off, though I probably will be. Their slots seem to be quite broad - afternoon is 10am-5pm and evening is 5pm-10pm.

·
Registered
ZE40 R110 EVEZY referral 8bbd0
90 Posts
This made me laugh!

I spoke to Evezy - apparently you don't need to be there for when the drop it off, though I probably will be. Their slots seem to be quite broad - afternoon is 10am-5pm and evening is 5pm-10pm.
When I booked my ZE40 3 months ago I did it for a Friday 10 to5pm (just after being allowed to drive to places in England)
Driver arrived at 2030, saying that it was a bit late and had a problem with a nearby Polar that didn’t allow him to disconnect before reaching 100% (I’ve used several times that polar without having that error).
he was going pictures of the car for the inventory (that’s ok) without gloves nor mask, touching everything. After he finished he asked for a lift back to train station to which of course I said no. He also left an empty bottle of tango as a present inside (I didn’t see it until he left).
I of course complained to on.to.
Hope this doesn’t happen to anybody else.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
This made me laugh!

4 or 5 hr. window is the norm for car deliveries, unlike parcel/goods via all the couriers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
At the beginning of the year Evezy/ OnTo announced four new cars being added to the list. I know we have the two variants of the Zoe but any news on what the others would be?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
At the beginning of the year Evezy/ OnTo announced four new cars being added to the list. I know we have the two variants of the Zoe but any news on what the others would be?
About 3 months ago someone reverse engineered the updated app and discovered some new models...

basically DS3, e208 and maybe a BYD vehicle? Although the info referred to an older BYD model that was part of their other business rente.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interesting to read of users experiences with EVONTO or whatever they’re now called.

I signed up getting on for a year ago and got cheesed off at wait time/lack of comms so went down the lease route.

Onto have recently admitted I’d fallen off the wait list and have restated me hence I’ve come back around to the idea of using a limited period subscription service like Onto or Elmo especially as I’ve been offered an I3 on two occasions in the last month at legacy prices although this maybe on a smaller capacity battery i3 model which I understand are still on the fleet. I do still really like the no committment aspect of subscription but accept I am highly unlikely to get a M3 of any flavour in the next 6-12 months from Onto and who knowS what state the market will be in then.

So I can see there’s some tempting prices out there on leasing and am quite taken with the idea of a Kona/e-Niro say via the Elmo route when stocked, for not much more than the Onto i3 or my Ionic (nice car genuine 200 mile range but somewhat zzzzz dull imho)

so do I go i3 for now at legacy and see what happens in a couple of months or shall I lease a M3 and how are fellow onto users reading the ‘subscription’ market in the short/medium term.

interested to hear your thoughts, thanks

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
There’s at least two SR+ due back on fleet in the next month or two.

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,871 Posts
I’ve been offered an I3 on two occasions in the last month at legacy prices although this maybe on a smaller capacity battery i3 model which I understand are still on the fleet.
On legacy tariff, the 90Ah is £369 and the 120Ah is £399.

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
Registered
16 Posts
On legacy tariff, the 90Ah is £369 and the 120Ah is £399.
thanks for that, ONTO confirmed this for me this morning so i3 here I come in a couple of weeks I think, once the supplies of the new Zoe start to flow as Elmo still have no update on Kona/e-Niro.

Anyone used EVOGO by chance for an EV?

6241 - 6260 of 6260 Posts