Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

6661 - 6680 of 6702 Posts

·
Evezy referral code: d4113
209 Posts
@tyson I've also just a few weeks ago had a successful insurance claim with Innsurance4carhire excess cover (£40 ish per year).
Someone reversed into my OnTo Tesla M3 SR+ parked outside my house, I had all the camera footage with clear number plate etc. Looked like a straightforward claim in my favour, but it still fell thru (presume they weren't insured or something). Didn't get my £1k excess back from OnTo (invoice was £1700). So claimed thru I4CH and got paid my £1k excess within a few days.
Just about to renew my I4CH 12 month excess cover policy and I think it's now about £46 for another 12 months. Definitely worth keeping an eye on these threads, I can't thank the core 'group' enough for the heads up on recommendations like this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@tyson I've also just a few weeks ago had a successful insurance claim with Innsurance4carhire excess cover (£40 ish per year).
Someone reversed into my OnTo Tesla M3 SR+ parked outside my house, I had all the camera footage with clear number plate etc. Looked like a straightforward claim in my favour, but it still fell thru (presume they weren't insured or something). Didn't get my £1k excess back from OnTo (invoice was £1700). So claimed thru I4CH and got paid my £1k excess within a few days.
Just about to renew my I4CH 12 month excess cover policy and I think it's now about £46 for another 12 months. Definitely worth keeping an eye on these threads, I can't thank the core 'group' enough for the heads up on recommendations like this.
A bit of a worry that ONTO’s insurers couldn’t determine you weren’t at fault from that, but great to hear I4CH paid out.
I happen to already have one of their annual policies for regular rental hire and have had one successful claim in the past (someone keyed our rental in Portugal a couple of years ago) so am very happy with their service and will continue to be a customer for sure!

·
Registered
Elmo Referral: AdamT50 (£50 off one month for both of us)
87 Posts
I did check their site out over the weekend and their choice of vehicles seems a bit limited (maybe I'm missing something). Haven't ruled anything out at this point though. Not sure how much adding charging plans to Elmo bumps up the price though (I really dislike having to surrender personal info to find out how much something costs)
Send Elmo an email or they have a live chat, they are VERY good at responding quickly.

One difference between the two is Onto take the money each month off a Credit or Debit Card of your choosing, Elmo take it as a Direct Debit from Month 2. So if you have a good rewards Credit Card you might suit Onto more.

Polar charging with Elmo is £10 a month, which is great considering my full charge on my Zoe yesterday would have cost £12.50 otherwise, and that's just the first charge this month. Additional driver is also £10 a month, but that's the same as Onto charge.

If you do subscribe to either, pretty much everyone has a referral code in their profile on here, and both parties get £50 off for one month.

Another thing to bear in mind is the delivery costs, so one might work better for you depending where you live. Elmo is free for first 50 miles each way and is calculated from Bicester - something like 12p a mile after that, whereas Onto is a flat £49.50 each way. Elmo do charge a £95 admin fee, but currently have another code that makes it zero at the moment. You might be able to use this code and a referral, it worked for me and @alegar, you just have to email and ask them to apply the Referral code too.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I’m also yet to hear any horror stories about “damage” spotted on return to Elmo. Onto have recently gone a bit “Enterprise” with their assessments.

Reactions: tyson and alegar

·
Registered
Ze50 GT Line Elmo Referral ISB2GG for mutual £50 off
260 Posts
I’m also yet to hear any horror stories about “damage” spotted on return to Elmo. Onto have recently gone a bit “Enterprise” with their assessments.
So far I’ve heard dozens of onto return complains and over charges, from Elmo I have only had super quick and attentive support with the very little issues I’ve had, but communication is in a completely different level.
There’s an Elmo thread for further feedback anyway, as anybody pls feel free to use my referral for mutual £50 (ISB2GG).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks all. Will check out the other thread also and possibly drop Elmo a note. Still no reply to my contact form from Onto from Friday which is a bit poor for a prospective customer.

I have indeed read about Onto being quite OTT on the return condition and charging for very minor things/tiny nicks which should be normal wear and tear; definitely something to consider!

As for the referral codes- painfully aware of those and wish I could use multiples to recognise all the folk who have helped me out!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Still no reply to my contact form from Onto from Friday which is a bit poor for a prospective customer.
Don't bother expecting a reply to your emails. If you want to discuss something you really need to call them. They keep promising this will improve but so far it still takes about 5 days average to get a reply, if I will get one at all. I'd say about half of my messages go completely unanswered.

Calling them generally gets you an answer in seconds, and once you are speaking to them they are both friendly and helpful.

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 BMW i3 120Ah / '20 Hyundai Kona 64kWh
2,436 Posts
Yes, directly comparing teenage Onto with toddler Elmo is perhaps a little unfair I think. Also applies to things like customer service. It’s probably easier to provide great customer service every time to everyone when you are are just a fledgling company with a very small customer base. Onto have, by the sounds of it (but not in my personal experience), been going through some growing pains, and perhaps they are just yet to come for Elmo.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Some good news on pricing...

In the last few months we’ve been working very hard to improve our service, always striving to optimise our operations and improve our efficiency so that we can bring the best value to our subscribers.

Recent improvements have enabled us to adjust the prices on 2 of our models: The Renault Zoe GT Line and the Hyundai IONIQ Premium 38kWh, allowing us to translate those savings ONTO you!

Now the Renault Zoe GT Line will be £399 per month, while the Hyundai IONIQ Premium 38kWh will be £419.

These price changes will be effective from tomorrow, for both existing and new customers.

What does this mean for you?

The new price will be reflected from the moment you book the car. These new prices are only valid starting on February 10th, 2021, and no discounts will be applied retrospectively.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
397 Posts
Good news. It leaves me in a bit of a quandary though.

I'm without a car at the moment. Was planning on downgrading from the GT Line to the Iconic when I pick up my subscription again after lockdown, but the price difference is only £10 now!

·
Registered
260 Posts

I'm without a car at the moment. Was planning on downgrading from the GT Line to the Iconic when I pick up my subscription again after lockdown, but the price difference is only £10 now!
Doesn’t make much sense going for the iconic like that...
Anyway they would have to reduce more for me to consider going back from Elmo to Onto.
Good competition driving prices down anyway!

·
Registered
Elmo Referral: AdamT50 (£50 off one month for both of us)
87 Posts

This is my thought... for a difference of £10 I can't see many people picking the Iconic over the GT Line.

·
Registered
152 Posts

I'm the other way round. Perfectly happy with my Iconic but is it worth the hassle to upgrade?

The Hyundai is slightly tempting now but I'd miss the range I think.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,354 Posts
I'm the other way round. Perfectly happy with my Iconic but is it worth the hassle to upgrade?
Wait until March and get a 21 plate, although a new car is not guaranteed so you may end up with something older than you have now! Pity they didn’t drop the price of the Iconic as well. Seems funny having two different trim levels at more or less the same price. If they dropped the Iconic to £359, it could replace the ZE40 R110 when they’ve all been defleeted. That would be a good upgrade for only £20 a month extra.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Reactions: alegar and Kev86

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I’m still yet to understand why anyone buys, leases or subscribes to an e-tron.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Am I the only one wanting the ID3 in subscription mode? Only thing I dislike about the ZOE50 is the charging curve tbh.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,354 Posts
Am I the only one wanting the ID3 in subscription mode? Only thing I dislike about the ZOE50 is the charging curve tbh.
Well this is the first WAG vehicle ONTO have offered, so more may be coming along. Would that get you to leave Elmo? 😉

Reactions: burnt_crisps2
6661 - 6680 of 6702 Posts