Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

6681 - 6700 of 6702 Posts

·
Registered
Ze50 GT Line Elmo Referral ISB2GG for mutual £50 off
260 Posts
Well this is the first WAG vehicle ONTO have offered, so more may be coming along. Would that get you to leave Elmo? 😉
I’ve been asking them insanely if they will have the ID3, if it’s correctly priced... (which I massively doubt 😂

reality is that the ZE40 was already enough for the every day and even longer trips, but it was a pain not having CCS, so the ZE50 justticks the box exceptionally well in that sense

I still haven’t done a proper long trip with the ZE50 since Nov when I swapped so should probs wait anyway until fully enjoying this one

·
Registered
433 Posts
What is the best way to return my ONTO Tesla?? Just press cancel in the app and let them call me to arrange collection? My contract ends on 28th which is a Sunday and my new Tesla is scheduled to be collected from Tesla on 2nd.

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 BMW i3 120Ah / '20 Hyundai Kona 64kWh
2,436 Posts
what is the best way to return my Tesla?? Just press cancel in the app and let them call me to arrange collection? my days days would end off the 28th a Sunday and new Tesla arrive on 2nd.
I’d just call them tbh

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,354 Posts
[email protected] I hate calling them of late, they are a pain.
You could go to My Account > Arrange Car Return
You could follow that up with a short email.
You could use WebChat.
You could ring them and select the option for a new customer.
You could send them a postcard.

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
If you buy a collision damage waiver, there’s an unconventional but super effective way to get it collected same day, and you don’t even have to be present 😂

Reactions: Kiltox

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
397 Posts
You can filter by network, and save the filter.

So I've got one that covers all the Shell networks, limited to CCS, and a second that is the same but without the CCS limitation. You'd probably have to keep on top of it as networks come and go though.

Reactions: E7EV and booms

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,354 Posts
Hey, is there any way to easily filter in Zapmap to show just the units that are covered by the Shell Card? I suppose it's just 'BP Pulse' now for the Polar cards?
Here’s a list of the networks to filter in. Franklin Energy go by the name LiFE on Zap-Map.

Shell Recharge
New Motion
Alfa Power Charging
ChargePoint Inc
Char.gy
E-Flux
ESB
EV-Box
EVDriver
Fastned
Franklin Energy
Gronn Kontact
has.to.be
Ionity
LastMileSolutions
Osprey
Vattenfall UK
Virta

·
2,436 Posts
A bit of an update of the OZEV Homecharge scheme grant front — (well, it was news to me anyway)

The guidance now makes specific mention of services like Onto with rolling monthly terms — which I’m pretty certain it didn’t do the last time I read it.

It now says:

"For short-term leases that roll month on month, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) will accept a claim once a person has had the lease for at least 6 months and can evidence this."

A couple of things:

1. So Onto members definitely don’t need to enter into a special 6 month contract any more (this used to be offered by so Onto as a means of getting the grant) — but based on the extract above, it’s now retrospective rather than prospective.

2. But....It’s not clear how it works if you have one car for, say, 4 months then swap to a different car for 3 months — you’ve had an EV for at least 6 months, but not the same car.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Here’s a list of the networks to filter in. Franklin Energy go by the name LiFE on Zap-Map.

Shell Recharge
New Motion
Alfa Power Charging
ChargePoint Inc
Char.gy
E-Flux
ESB
EV-Box
EVDriver
Fastned
Franklin Energy
Gronn Kontact
has.to.be
Ionity
LastMileSolutions
Osprey
Vattenfall UK
Virta
Ended up using Ecotricity twice as there wasn't really much else where I was going. Flabbergasted that it worked both times (and was on free vend the first)

·
2,436 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi team. New member here very much playing catch up and spent a bunch of time reading through Onto's discussion forum over the weekend (only to have just found this one! 🙈 - I won't pretend to have read more than about a hundred of the >6600 posts in this thread)

I live in London with my fiancé and in a normal world we get by without a car no worries. We usually hire whenever we need and haven't taken a lot of domestic trips in the past (I'm an Aussie expat having lived here for almost 4 years now). I'm also a zipcar member (free tier) which was helpful, but the state of the shared fleet varies wildly and I do worry about catching something nasty from someone.

With COVID impacting international travel, I'm anticipating that we'll want to explore much more of the UK this year, or at least for the 3-6 months after this lockdown eases. The idea of catching mass transit at the moment really doesn't appeal -- TLDR I want to get us some wheels for at least a few months this year, probably from ~April or maybe May.

I've been getting bombarded with ads online for Onto recently, and quite like the proposition, but I wanted to check before I signed up if my logic was sound--

Is it something I can sign up to and then commit to / request a vehicle in advance? (e.g. start in mid April or May?) Is it better to wait until later on to apply? (I assume there's some kind of approval/account review, but no idea how long that takes). When you sign up, are you able to opt to defer taking delivery/pickup of a vehicle? (Right now we're both WFH so have no real need for a vehicle in this lockdown)

I've done a whole bunch of reading and think I have my heart set on the e-208 (prob the GT-- though now that it's the 'new GT' not sure if that still make sense?). I have read the range is a bit rubbish, but aside from experiencing the Zipcar eGolf I've got no clue what real world impact it'll have. I live about a 10min walk / 5min drive from 4x BP 150W chargers and now that Shell's in the picture think the charging network looks pretty decent.

The other thing I'd plan to do would be to get excess reduction insurance -- I already have a rental car excess policy through 'insurance4carhire' which I had for rental vehicles separately, from what I've read that seems to cover Onto as well?

I'd really appreciate any tips, thought or advice (hopefully flame free!). I feel like I spent half my weekend planning virtual routes with zap-map and reading up on charging, dreaming about drives through the country or to the coast and being free from the bounds of where my legs or bicycle can take me!
Was just thinking about this post the other day.

We basically did what you plan to do when the first lockdown eased and took an Evezy Zoe 50 from London around the Highlands. One thing that's really worth getting is a Charge Places Scotland card, as they have a fantastic network but quite a few of them only work with an RFID card. It's £20 and apparently can take 6 weeks to come so you might want to apply now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was just thinking about this post the other day.

We basically did what you plan to do when the first lockdown eased and took an Evezy Zoe 50 from London around the Highlands. One thing that's really worth getting is a Charge Places Scotland card, as they have a fantastic network but quite a few of them only work with an RFID card. It's £20 and apparently can take 6 weeks to come so you might want to apply now.
Thanks for the thought :D and for the advice -- We flew to Edinburgh and then drove up to Skye and back last year and it was truly magical. Not sure I'd have the gumption to drive up that way in a BEV but I guess with ONTO (I signed up for an i3 to be delivered mid April over the weekend) if we were to decide to go for it, we could get something bigger/longer range just for that trip and switch cars.

Lots to think about and I think this will be a summer with lots of domestic trips (though sadly I reckon the roads are going to be packed) -- will be nice to get outside!

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
397 Posts
Well, just pulled the trigger on a 208, due to be delivered in a couple of weeks. It will replace the Zoe that I gave up at the start of lockdown, so two months' rental saved, less the £99 in delivery & collection fees.

Looking forward to the charging speed, and to trying something new. Although it was a shame to give up the Zoe just after I'd managed to get hold of a key!

·
Registered
608 Posts
They, Onto, have just hired a new CTO - Ben Brown - so hopefully all the tech issues get some better engineering now

Reactions: booms and E7EV

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Hands up if you’ve ever met a competent CTO

Me either

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hands up if you’ve ever met a competent CTO

Me either
:ROFLMAO: