Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrival and delivery of the first IONIQ 5 Project 45

The first IONIQ 5 Project 45 electric cars arrived in the port of Drammen on Friday 14 May. If you are one of those waiting for such a launch model, you will receive your own emails when your IONIQ 5 is (1) finished produced and sent to Norway, (2) the car has arrived at the port of Drammen and (3) when it will be forwarded to your dealer. The dealer will then contact you to arrange delivery of your new IONIQ 5 Project 45.

Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
55 Posts
Possibility of some Project 45s arriving in the UK as soon as 22nd May if they were made in the same production run as the Norwegian P45 cars.

Morning Lady - Arriving in Southampton on 22/05
Morning Pride - Arriving in Southampton on 23/05
Morning Pilot - Arriving in Immingham on 23/05
Morning Celine - Arriving in Southampton on 28/06
Morning Lily - Arriving in Southampton on 03/07

·
Registered
143 Posts
Possibility of some Project 45s arriving in the UK as soon as 22nd May if they were made in the same production run as the Norwegian P45 cars.

Morning Lady - Arriving in Southampton on 22/05
Morning Pride - Arriving in Southampton on 23/05
Morning Pilot - Arriving in Immingham on 23/05
Morning Celine - Arriving in Southampton on 28/06
Morning Lily - Arriving in Southampton on 03/07

View attachment 144808
Another possibility is "Bess" arriving in Tilbury on 24/05.

·
Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
55 Posts
No cars arriving for the UK until late August.

Not clear whether the components shortages are also delaying other project 45 countries.

We had previously communicated that the first IONIQ 5 models, including our limited edition Project 45 models were due to arrive in the UK in late June/early July.
As you know, the Project 45 models are highly specified and come with a range of additional features and equipment above the standard model. Unfortunately, due to supply constraints on some components, the manufacture of the Project 45 vehicles is delayed.
Production of right hand drive IONIQ 5 Project 45 vehicles is scheduled to be complete during July and allowing for shipment and inland transport we anticipate that deliveries can be completed from late August through September.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Just received the email from [email protected] Delivery of P45 now late August or September due to parts constraints.
That puts a big dampener on things. Hoping to change cars by end of June. And now potentially another 2-3 months.
But there are deliveries of the normal Ioniq5 it seems as they are arriving in Europe.
Will be a shame if we are waiting for them to get the solar panels correct or parts relating to that or the other questionable extras the 45 edition comes with.
And if we get real world range tests of the normal rear wheel drive models, then more likely to cancel if range for this 2.1 tonne car not as good as expected. As the P45 is only going to be worse.

But the whole point of pre-order was to get this special limited edition first. But there will be plenty of other owners before us for the regular car it seems. Unless these shortages affect all UK rhd models only?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just received the email from [email protected] Delivery of P45 now late August or September due to parts constraints.
That puts a big dampener on things. Hoping to change cars by end of June. And now potentially another 2-3 months.
But there are deliveries of the normal Ioniq5 it seems as they are arriving in Europe.
Will be a shame if we are waiting for them to get the solar panels correct or parts relating to that or the other questionable extras the 45 edition comes with.
And if we get real world range tests of the normal rear wheel drive models, then more likely to cancel if range for this 2.1 tonne car not as good as expected. As the P45 is only going to be worse.

But the whole point of pre-order was to get this special limited edition first. But there will be plenty of other owners before us for the regular car it seems. Unless these shortages affect all UK rhd models only?
10th June I was informed my P45 was in production and they would let me know when it was at sea, I know of one other future P45 owner that received the same email, have you received one too? I agree that the whole point of the pre order was to get it before anyone else but the wording in emails now suggests that the standard models will arrive at the same time as our P45's hopefully ours will be distributed first after all we are paying quite a lot more for them.

·
Registered
143 Posts
10th June I was informed my P45 was in production and they would let me know when it was at sea, I know of one other future P45 owner that received the same email, have you received one too? I agree that the whole point of the pre order was to get it before anyone else but the wording in emails now suggests that the standard models will arrive at the same time as our P45's hopefully ours will be distributed first after all we are paying quite a lot more for them.
Yes I have the same email. Looks like the issue is with RHD cars. The cars being used at next week ends test drives for P45 reserves are going to be LHD and not P45 specification.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes I have the same email. Looks like the issue is with RHD cars. The cars being used at next week ends test drives for P45 reserves are going to be LHD and not P45 specification.
Well I wasn't going to drive from Manchester to Surrey for a 90 minute test drive and question and answer session, I'll wait till my RHD arrives with all the spec

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been shown an email that says not all P45's are in the country and Hyundai UK are waiting for them to arrive so that they can deliver them all at the same time, I am beginning to disbelieve anything Hyundai tell us
If that’s the case we would be aware of a ship with them on just like the last 2 lots so I recon that’s Hyundai BS

·
Registered
32 Posts
If that’s the case we would be aware of a ship with them on just like the last 2 lots so I recon that’s Hyundai BS
Possibly but they did tell us the P45's were on a Hyundai Glovis ship but they were actually on the Grimaldi Grande California, they have only posted a video of demo Ioniq 5's being unloaded from the Glovis Silver Star a few days before the California docked, I'm guessing if there is another ship on its way it will be a Hyundai ship then they can show P45's being driven off one of their own ships or as you say it's more Hyundai BS

·
Registered
32 Posts
I contacted VIP last week about not feeling like we are getting the VIP treatment as from day one we were told P45 cars would be the first Ioniq 5's to be delivered worldwide, and the response said that VIP meant...."The VIP experience was and is obtaining the limited edition IONIQ 5 Project 45 and being part of the experience from the world wide launch in February until now" so no longer being the first to get it just lucky enough to own one of 175 P45's in the UK whenever Hyundai UK decide to release them from Tilbury and being told different reasons for delays is a six month VIP experience.🙃

1 - 20 of 23 Posts