Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
1,702 Posts
But your LEAF would have emailed you a reminder :)
This is the one thing that I like about CarWings...

I helped my 60+ year old mother move from ICE to EV in a Leaf last year, and this was the first thing I set up for her (at home). (also the notification when it is fully charged). I route the email TO ONE OF MY EMAIL ADDRESSES (using Gmail and the + qualifier after my email address) so that I knew that the emails were coming from CarWings.

I then created a rule that FORWARDED these notices to her email so that she is reminded. (as an extra push, I enabled SMS notification direct to her telephone.)

This set up allows me to be comforted to know that my mom is home and plugged in and allowed me to identify when her Leaf came up with last year's 2013 power distribution module issue (she had the first gen 6.6kw charger) and to advise her to go to Nissan for the fix.

My mom, on the other hand, enjoys the pre-cool feature on CarWings (and that's pretty much all she uses it for.)

· Premium Member
1,702 Posts
Oh., and to be on topic... I have to force my wife to NOT plug the Roadster in every night. She drives less miles than I do and we're trying to figure out the actual battery degradation. This process on a Roadster requires deeper discharges because of the original way that Tesla had calculated capacity usage and recharge (and thus range). So, for the past month we've had to run the car down more than we've done in the past.

It's disconcerting for her as she's been diligent at plugging in her Roadster... However, I just remind her to hearken back to the years she drove ICE and gasoline magically appeared in the tank because she HARDLY EVER "recharged" the ICE car. (she didn't quite appreciate the joke, but boy was it worth it.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.