Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two Polar/Chargemaster posts in a five bay area. Neither post would turn on the 13a socket. I was there to have a test drive in the Tesla Model S and an hour's charge would have removed the need for petrol on the return. The type 2 was working for the Teslas tho. Another reason I don't normally bother with public charging except from plain 16A/13A outlets.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Two Polar/Chargemaster posts in a five bay area. Neither post would turn on the 13a socket. I was there to have a test drive in the Tesla Model S and an hour's charge would have removed the need for petrol on the return. The type 2 was working for the Teslas tho. Another reason I don't normally bother with public charging except from plain 16A/13A outlets.
I was there too in Wednesday about 4, had a terrific drive in a model S. But I didn't bother to try charging the Ampera, it wasn't worth it for about 8 miles of range.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used 12 miles petrol to get home. They had the polar cards, and it should have worked - I wanted to show them my DIY portable EvSE in action.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One thing the Ampera has that the Tesla doesn't : pedestrian alert : I use it occasionally - seems so much more polite than the main horn.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was there on Thursday morning and we used the righthand of the two post 13a socket. The Tesla Rep phoned Chargemaster and set it up for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts