Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, being able to rip (transfer) music from your devices to the hard drive is just an awesome feature. I've had hard disk based vehicles before but they've always been stuck to ripping CD's only. A real step in the right direction GM..... Then there was Apple.
So my IPhone, which is my default music source *will not* transfer audio to the hard drive. I kinda expected it because its apple, and I'm pretty much sick and tired of apple these days. Next phone upgrade time, it won't be an iphone for sure.

My tech tip for today; Just for those in the same sad situation as me..... Use Media Monkey to rip the music off your iphone onto a memory stick, stuff that in, and transfer away. Simples. Up yours apple!

:)

·
Premium Member
11,297 Posts
My partner got a new Infiniti same time as my Ampera and I was surprised that it would not copy music from USB to the hard drive. At least that is one tech feature the Ampera betters it with, but probably the only! Her sat nav is awesome compared to mine :-[

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I love it! Mind you, I thought I would use it more than I have done so far and I will but instead of music I will probably use it for audio books and podcasts on longer trips.

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
I love it! Mind you, I thought I would use it more than I have done so far and I will but instead of music I will probably use it for audio books and podcasts on longer trips.
My Volt has the Satnav / HDD / Bose Speakers package. What is the size of the HDD ? I have read three different sizes, 30gb , 40gb and 60gb ?

M

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Out of interest, why does it matter when you can simply put a 32 or 64 Gb USB in the socket? My media library is in iTunes and you can just drag tracks across from it to the USB stick. Solid state is quicker than HDD.

It is easy to knock Apple; I try not to get into fanboy status, but having had a Samsung Galaxy S3 for the past 1.5 yrs, I can't wait to go back to an iPhone. Sick and tired of it being so 'constipated' about doing anything. Switch it on in the morning and you can forget about doing anything on it until it completes its downloads. Screen rotates accidentally? Right, you can wait 20 secs while I decide to spin back! Finish a phone call? No, you have to wait for the screen to restart from black so you can press the end call button.

Yes, it's probably bloatware, yes I need to turn off some settings and yes it's 2 yrs old :eek:....but come back iPhone all is forgiven! As they say, "It just works!"

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Registered
616 Posts
@Brooktop slightly off topic but if you stick Cyanogenmod 10.2 onto the S3 it runs like a dream. Root it, use Helium backup to backup all your apps and settings stick a custom recovery on and flash CM 10.2 you won't believe the difference. Mine is 2 years old and runs great. Sounds like a faff but a couple hours of reading saves loads of frustration further down the line.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
There is no hard drive on the Leaf although I didn't really use the hard drive on my Ampera so for me I don't consider that much of a loss :)

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Thanks @Rupert Holdsworth but hopefully get a new phone this week (company phone ) and am pressing for an IPhone. Having a mac it just makes sense...especially when handover on Yosemite and ios 8 starts working.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Just one more thought on the HDD; the industry accepted life of a HDD is 2years...although I can't imagine the drive in a car getting that much use...but if it DID go, then it won't be a cheap replacement. A USB stick is mere pounds.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
My Mac is 2012. How do I find out if it is up to date? (Apologies for going off-topic).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts