Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is this hardline pro-union anti-Scotland policy on here not rather outdated, where anything remotely anti-UKunion or anything that highlights the discrimination Scotland experiences with UK charging get's shut down. It is a bad reflection of SpeakEV, and presents a really bad image.

So the latest example being the thread Positive move by National Trust and BMWi

In summary I described it as a negative move for Scotland, as only Ireland/Wales/England as usual were included in the initiative, while the National Trust for Scotland was excluded. Entirely on topic and relevant to the thread. Some might say a very important discussion point on the topic!

But no, it does not fit in with the pro-union anti-Scotland policy of the forum. Ironically there is a bunch of off topic comments on the linked thread, they are fine of course, lets leave them. But that someone highlights Scotland is not included in another charging initiative again, does not matter that is on topic, we can't have that kind of thing, lets just ignore such issues and forget Scotland. It does not fill the culture of the forum. That is of course eradicated and censored from the thread.

I just feel it is time, this issue got the attention it deserves, and the forum takes a good hard look at its direction and English focused culture. It is not very nice.

And while all these Scotland related issues get swept under the carpet and filtered and "moderated" who is moderating the mods? Is there any Scottish mods on the forum?.... perhaps there should be?

There is a lot of Scottish drivers on this forum and there has always been. It is a disgrace to shut them down and exclude them from highlight or speaking about issues that impact Scotland. It just supports the long term and ongoing trend of not being inclusive towards Scotland.

Is that really an agenda SpeakEV truly wishes to continue to promote, or time for some change?

·
Registered
341 Posts
The national Trust for Scotland is a separate entity to the National Trust, much like the Scottish NHS is separate entity to the English, Welsh and NI NHS, which is why England have to pay for prescriptions and Scotland, NI and Wales don't.

You can't really come on here shouting about anti-Scottish bias, when the decision was made by an organisation that has no say in the running of the compatriot organisation in another Country.

And no I am not English, I was born and lived the first 30 odd years of my live in Aberdeen, I just hate when people take offence to something that has nothing to take offense to.

Should all the non-Scottish residents of this board take offense to the fact the Scottish Government decided to subsidise charging in Scotland?

·
Banned
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Northern Ireland and Wales like Scotland also have devolved governments. Well Northern Ireland did until more recent times and maybe does again? Northern Ireland politics are complicated and not entirely sure what is going on there to be honest. Point being, Scotland is not unique here in having its own devolved government, so I really don't know what that has to do with anything.

If say English EV driving residents want to push for free charging, and voice it is unfair Scotland has free charging, that is a perfectly reasonable debate IMHO, but a matter for those impacted to raise really. I have no objections to that hypothetical scenario.

I do however continually fail to see why Scotland's free charging comes up as an excuse/reason everytime Scotland is included from an initiative. This latest BMW-NT link up is a disgrace, and it is the LIDL-Podpoint charging all over again and to a lesser extent the EH scenario again.

Scottish drivers are entitled to voice and highlight these concerns. Sorry but people are going to have to deal with that, even if they don't give a monkey's about Scotland.

A hypothetical example for you. If Hyundia announce a charger provision link up with every B&Q store in the UK but Scotland excluded then I will voice disgust at it, of course I will. If Scotland is treated more inclusively then I have nothing to moan about. But if it continues to get shunned, why people are surprised that a Scottish resident fly's the flag for the their country and questions such mistreatment, amazes me.

And of course any English driver would not be too impressed if Hyundia announced a charger provision link up with every B&Q store in the UK, but all of England was excluded. Is anyone going to suggest they would not find that unacceptable? Especially if it started to becoming a trend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.