Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The BBC are reporting that Stellantis (the result of the FIAT Chrysler Peugeot Citroen merger) are trying to blackmail the UK Government into bribing them to not close the former Vauxhall Ellesmere Port plant.

Vauxhall: Future of Ellesmere Port hangs in the balance

Ignoring the obvious overcapacity in the industry, and Stellantis in particular, the aftermath of BREXIT, the long term labour relations issues at the plant, and inevitable interference from the French and Italian Governments, why would Stellantis want to have their subsidiary factory for the Astra replacement at Ellesmere?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
It is sad to see. Over the years many of my family, friends and associates worked there. Now I don't know of a single person who does.
There seems an inevitability over it but that has seemed to be the case for decades.
Who knows? Maybe having this little production capability over here is a hedge of sorts.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,912 Posts
Weren't they going to turn Ellesmere Port site into a Vauxhall museum instead of having it at Luton?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Weren't they going to turn Ellesmere Port site into a Vauxhall museum instead of having it at Luton?
Not much of the Luton plant left now!
John

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Sad to hear about this. My neighbour in a previous life worked there - a real nice guy and his wife was a gem. Many people in the area depend on those jobs, so here's hoping for a good outcome.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Sad to hear about this. My neighbour in a previous life worked there - a real nice guy and his wife was a gem. Many people in the area depend on those jobs, so here's hoping for a good outcome.
My Uncle placed the order for that sign on the front you see on the news, article. About 1990. 40k.

Reactions: Harry_Zoe
1 - 8 of 8 Posts