Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
My Evezy.co.uk referral code: b4552
Tesla Model 3 SR
372 Posts
Like!!!! Type 1 and Chademo - so more usable in the UK at the moment I'd argue.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just need to figure out which Kia dealers are actually selling this car. This is proving to be more difficult than I had anticipated. Called the main number for Kia in the UK and still waiting for them to get back to me.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Just need to figure out which Kia dealers are actually selling this car. This is proving to be more difficult than I had anticipated. Called the main number for Kia in the UK and still waiting for them to get back to me.
Triangle Kia in Chesterfield are one of the dealers, they have really embraced it and excited by it compared to others.

David Dench is the Dealer Principle there, but just be aware that the sales guys are on the last 'Sales' course next week.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Rang the Colindale dealer in London - they will be selling the car and expect them to arrive for test drives by the end of November.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
It's hard to come to terms with the styling. I can't decide if it wants to look like a Landrover Freelander, or just mimics the paint-job of a 1960's Ford Anglia Super by accident, or whether it's an ice cream van without the Mr Whippy logo and decals...

Tough call for the money, I'd rather spend that sort of sum on a BMW personally...

The BMW is fine, but if you need 5 seats...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's hard to come to terms with the styling. I can't decide if it wants to look like a Landrover Freelander, or just mimics the paint-job of a 1960's Ford Anglia Super by accident, or whether it's an ice cream van without the Mr Whippy logo and decals...

Tough call for the money, I'd rather spend that sort of sum on a BMW personally...

The UK models will come in the Blue body / White roof or Titanium Silver colour options. I personally like the looks, it's subjective I guess.

·
My Evezy.co.uk referral code: b4552
Tesla Model 3 SR
372 Posts
I hope it's reliable. I've not been impressed by VWs first attempt at an EV. I wonder what the most reliable EV is?

·
Registered
999 Posts
At least it has a 7 year warranty and Kia's ICE cars are pretty reliable. I think the biggest competition for it will be the B-Class offering greater space, i3 performance, and a 36 KWh battery for 2k more.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Same price as an i3? Doesn't seem like good value to me.
Don't get me wrong I love the i3, but I don't think that's quite a fair comparison.

It is true that it costs only slightly less than a base model i3 with no Rex.

However it has 12 miles more range than the BEV i3 (EPA) and comes standard with quite a lot of kit that you have to pay extra for with the BMW, including the ability to rapid charge. Personally I would prefer an i3 with a Rex, which bumps up the cost considerably.

I've also seen reports of the Soul EV making 100 miles on the highway at 60mph, which is a nice improvement on the LEAF to me. If only it was more aerodynamic!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Interesting vehicle - the battery pack is a little departure from the norm. Styling-wise, I'm wondering whether, if you buy a red one, they throw in the black-and-white cat...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Perhaps its a compliance/PR car. Or possibly they have looked at the competition and don't want to go at it full tilt at this point.
But it looks interesting and possibly some EV drivers will be curious.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts