Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just spent several hours flogging in about 20 destinations and editing them so the titles make sense, such as "M24 Services J6 Clacket Lane Westbound".
I had to change seats because my arm began to ache with all the screen stabbing.
I am also not clear as to why you would want an alarm to go off depending on the angle you approached an entry.
However I was glad to be able to export all my efforts to a 16Gb SDHC card I had inserted in Slot A.
My PC could see the three files it had created. The main one is "storedlocation.slc"
It can be read into excel as a CSV file but apart from a couple of columns, (like LAtitude and LONGitude) the data is coded and so I can't easily edit it because I do not know what it represents.

Let's hope someone who knows how it is formatted can write an editor for it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I am also not clear as to why you would want an alarm to go off depending on the angle you approached an entry.
I guess it's because if there are two chargers on either side of a duel carriageway, it'll only notify you of the one you are approaching rather than the one on the other side of the road you can't get into...

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
Someone has done this already, there were details on leaftalk somewhere....

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are people still looking into reading the storedlocation.slc file? I am busy with it... { stored location . slc leaf carwings read convert hex }

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'd be really interested to know if someone has figured this out. Admittedly I didn't spend very long on it, but if you get the file contents wrong and then try to load them into your nav it throws a huge wobbly and just keeps rebooting. Ask me how I know...

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Are there POI (points of interest) overlays for chargers in the UK that you could import into a phone/satnav? That seems easier if it is available, rather than stabbing at the screen till both your arms drop off and you can't drive any more.

·
Banned
1,531 Posts
Sometimes you must wonder what goes on in a designers head

How difficult would it be to make it really easy to enter a load of locations via a nice wee java app that can run on any software platform.

No they force you to sit in the car stabbing away until your finger is a bloody stump

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Are there POI (points of interest) overlays for chargers in the UK that you could import into a phone/satnav? That seems easier if it is available, rather than stabbing at the screen till both your arms drop off and you can't drive any more.
The non-EV version of nissan's software can do this. The EV version can't.

·
Awaiting Tesla M3—tired of ancient Nissan software
343 Posts
Columns 1 & 2 are coordinates, column 3 seems to be the "group" in the sense of the in-car address book UI, column 3 is the phone number (text hex encoded and zero terminated with a "00" ASCI sequence), column 5 is the name of the entry (same hex encoding) while 6 might be the the first line of the address etc, also hex encoded. I suppose someone must have figured out the remaining ones—if you read this, please chime in. I am not sure what the preamble sequence of the first 509 bytes mean.

Even being able to edit the names and basics, like group, and charger present/type would be very useful.

Failing that, any suggestions for a CSV-with-hex-text encoder/decoder app, short of having to write one in Python etc?

How I wish Nissan treated their car software and its usability with a tad more respect towards its users.

·
Awaiting Tesla M3—tired of ancient Nissan software
343 Posts
I'd be really interested to know if someone has figured this out. Admittedly I didn't spend very long on it, but if you get the file contents wrong and then try to load them into your nav it throws a huge wobbly and just keeps rebooting. Ask me how I know...
@ScottHelme: before I modify the fields of some of the entries and upload the file back, I would like to know what type of an edit caused the issue of a rebooting nav system, and how have you reset it back after the issue. Many thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everybody,

The address book has indeed a 200 POI limit.
Field number 5 is the name of the QuickCharger, written in Hexa. Which makes it look 'encoded'. When you convert this field into 'dec', then you can read this Field 5 like normal text.

Anyway I got interested by the story of David Reddington .
With the help of Edwin Glaser we started to make our own application to plot a route a long QuickChargers.
(I hope I have written this in English correctly).

After a lot of private time working on this problem, we have come up with the following website :
EBZ QuickCharge Map

It will allow you to plot a route a long QuickChargers to your destination.
After you plotted your route, you can export/download it to a storedlocation.slc file. You can use this file to import it into your Nissan Lead Navigation.
Have fun.

Please let me know, what you think of it.
You might find a few dutch sentence, because I am still busy to translate some lines into english.

Best Regards,
Ramon.

·
Lettuce Leaf early to be sure of arriving on time.
918 Posts
I have just spent several hours flogging in about 20 destinations and editing them so the titles make sense, such as "M24 Services J6 Clacket Lane Westbound".
I'd love to know how you did this. I looked and looked for a way and couldn't find it. Could you possibly post detailed instructions?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hello everybody,

The address book has indeed a 200 POI limit.
Field number 5 is the name of the QuickCharger, written in Hexa. Which makes it look 'encoded'. When you convert this field into 'dec', then you can read this Field 5 like normal text.

Anyway I got interested by the story of David Reddington .
With the help of Edwin Glaser we started to make our own application to plot a route a long QuickChargers.
(I hope I have written this in English correctly).

After a lot of private time working on this problem, we have come up with the following website :
EBZ QuickCharge Map

It will allow you to plot a route a long QuickChargers to your destination.
After you plotted your route, you can export/download it to a storedlocation.slc file. You can use this file to import it into your Nissan Lead Navigation.
Have fun.

Please let me know, what you think of it.
You might find a few dutch sentence, because I am still busy to translate some lines into english.

Best Regards,
Ramon.
Hi there,

I had a quick look but couldn't see a way to export the slc file. Am I being blind?

·
Registered
11 Posts
No, you are not blind.
You have to plot a route with at least one QuickCharger first, before the button "Export current route" appears.

Then you will see a few screens, telling what it is doing at that moment and after that you will be able to download storedlocation.slc .

Please try again...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts