Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Thank you to all the idiots that are running the fuel stations dry thru their sheer selfishness.

Thanks for creating the problem where our works lorries cannot get Diesel to deliver the stuff they all want, thanks for creating the problem for transport companies you eff**g morons.

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona 2021 64kWh Premium
99 Posts
We had a stack like that once at work 🙈 waaaay before any of this current stuff going on, they sent a “standard allocation” when we had a return of the office (so they completely gutted it, then sent new stationary allocation which includes tea/coffee/plates/mops/toilet rolls etc)… not sure who messed up, think someone tried to order 20 rolls and ordered 20 packs of 12 🤣

·
Registered
20 Posts
I fired up the old ICE astra yesterday to deliver son to his pals house. ( Wife had the corsa EV at work. ) I drove past 2 fuel stations and felt no need to "top up the tank". Is this odd behaviour?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
23,605 Posts
ICE drivers stopping everybody from getting about due to the unnecessary queueing.
Luckily, I just rode my bicycle sedately past them as they all sat there fuming at their own stupidity ;)
They won't understand and will just assume you are homeless, which is why you are riding a bike. ;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I can just imagine the chaos if fuel stations limited the purchase to £30 worth of petrol or diesel, no cans allowed and if you can’t get £30 worth into your tank, it still costs you £30.
Bring in the Army drivers they say, many of them have HGV licenses, but how many are HAZCHEM qualified to handle that type of load.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I can just imagine the chaos if fuel stations limited the purchase to £30 worth of petrol or diesel, no cans allowed and if you can’t get £30 worth into your tank, it still costs you £30.
Bring in the Army drivers they say, many of them have HGV licenses, but how many are HAZCHEM qualified to handle that type of load.
Interesting side effect of £30 minimum - drivers who would put in £10 or £20 fuel a week now need to put in
£30 so a sudden spike in demand?

·
Registered
982 Posts
On a plus note, a major internet based retailer has asked if I can supply an additional 1000 cargobikes and riders to help them allieviate the pressures placed upon them as Christmas, a lack of drivers and a need to become more sustainable forces their hand. This is on top of the original 250 bikes we have already put on the road to help both this retailer and other businesses in the "last mile logistics" sector.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,169 Posts
ICE drivers stopping everybody from getting about due to the unnecessary queueing.
Luckily, I just rode my bicycle sedately past them as they all sat there fuming at their own stupidity ;)
The last few days, I have taken to riding my e-bike around the local Tesco car park. This car park is now permanently grid-locked thanks to the 'oh so happy looking... NOT' drivers queuing for the forecourt or shoppers just trying to get into and out of the car park. There is some kind of smug satisfaction to be absorbed knowing that I don't have to go in there for any other reason.

Now, if only I could bottle the energy that the idling cars are wasting and the pent up anger of the car occupants, I don't think I'd need to purchase energy to fuel my home for a year.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts