Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was just musing on our lack of rapid chargers. Shropshire as the biggest (inland) English county has none. Our neighbouring county of Hereford has none. Mid and North Wales have none. And Cheshire to the North from what I can tell have none....

Off the top of my head think every other English county has at least one at a dealer if not on the motorway....possibly the only exception being Cumbria...

·
Registered
Peugeot iON 2013, Renault Zoe 50 2020
464 Posts
Until recently Cornwall didn't have any, but now there are 2 at dealers (St Stephen and Hayle) and one a taxi company have installed in St Austel. Still none in a location that'll get me to the bottom of the M5 though.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Cumbria could definitely do with a few.

There's one particular trip we tend to do that would be just about possible in a Leaf at the moment but too much of a pain to be acceptable to my wider family!

A few rapid chargers sprinkled along the route and at the destination itself would make it only a mild inconvenience :p

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Until recently Cornwall didn't have any, but now there are 2 at dealers (St Stephen and Hayle) and one a taxi company have installed in St Austel. Still none in a location that'll get me to the bottom of the M5 though.
Don't forget that there is a rapid at Plymouth... You can get to Exeter from there :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Don't forget that there is a rapid at Plymouth... You can get to Exeter from there :)
Where is that? The only rapid charger I can see on a map in Plymouth is a Pod-Point one, with the address shown as being in Gloucestershire - and that doesn't appear on Open Charge Map, so is not information I would trust very much.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Where is that? The only rapid charger I can see on a map in Plymouth is a Pod-Point one, with the address shown as being in Gloucestershire - and that doesn't appear on Open Charge Map, so is not information I would trust very much.
It's at Vospers in Plymouth near Marsh Mills. So it's only available in their working hours but it's better than nothing.

·
Registered
464 Posts
It's at Vospers in Plymouth near Marsh Mills. So it's only available in their working hours but it's better than nothing.
Is that a Peugeot dealer?

edit: - I see it's a Nissan dealer - has anyone any experience using a dealers rapid charger on a vehicle that the dealer does not sell? Is it regarded as cheeky?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is that a Peugeot dealer?
They are Renault Nissan and Peugeot dealers plus a few others! They have a Nissan rapid charger and also a Renault charger for the Zoe. You'll find details on Open Charge Map if you want to see exactly where they are. We've used them a couple of times. They quite often have to move a car out of the way but otherwise ok.

·
Banned
558 Posts
Peugeot Bargain!
Rumour at Fleetdrive yesterday - Peugeot are selling brand new 'Ion's for £13k full warranty and no battery lease!
Fair price is you want ab 'entry level' EV?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Burton on Trent. No rapids, no charge points at all and no plans to install any by the council. Renault are installing an AC charger but that will be for Renault only.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts