Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

The Marches gap....any other English counties with no rapid chargers?

3K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  Gary Taylor 
#1 · (Edited)
Was just musing on our lack of rapid chargers. Shropshire as the biggest (inland) English county has none. Our neighbouring county of Hereford has none. Mid and North Wales have none. And Cheshire to the North from what I can tell have none....

Off the top of my head think every other English county has at least one at a dealer if not on the motorway....possibly the only exception being Cumbria...

#4 ·
Cumbria could definitely do with a few.

There's one particular trip we tend to do that would be just about possible in a Leaf at the moment but too much of a pain to be acceptable to my wider family!

A few rapid chargers sprinkled along the route and at the destination itself would make it only a mild inconvenience :p

#17 ·
Peugeot Bargain!
Rumour at Fleetdrive yesterday - Peugeot are selling brand new 'Ion's for £13k full warranty and no battery lease!
Fair price is you want ab 'entry level' EV?

#24 ·
Given that Clacket Lane is 200 yards west of the border, I'm not sure Kent is well served...

Reactions: Steve Thayne
#30 ·
Hmm - Kentwise there is a rapid charger at Medway services - that's 45 miles from Margate and 42 miles from Dover/Folkestone. Too far for a run to the coast and back...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.