Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
We live in Olney but just purchased a 2012 Leaf through our company. Basically we got fed up with getting 20mpg off the roundabouts in MK - and that was with a diesel and choosing H3 to get everywhere.

By accident I fell upon this site and thought - hmmm, Milton Keynes, Leafs. Sign me up!

Loving the maximum torque at 0 rpm. No-one has called us a milk float yet - probably because they're way behind in the rear view mirror when we pull away.

Mark
(Toby is our dog - a cute black Lab). Our leaf is cute and black too.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Another MK (ish) EV owner? This is becoming a common theme. :D

Welcome. :)

Our S-Max (diesel) was horrible and not much fun around MK, and our previous (many) MINIs where brilliant fun but far from frugal. The Leaf is great for MK, and with the charging available in town there's no excuse not to really, is there? :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is great in MK - we're spoilt for charging posts although I've not yet tried to use them at the weekend. The only problem is we kind of need to halve the range when driving round town as you just have to use that torque, it's too much fun.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi TobyDog,

Welcome to the forum. MK does have a lot of charge points mostly in the centre though. Plus point to this is that if you use them when shopping you don't need to pay for parking. So it gives you more chance to have fun as you tear away from the roundabouts ;)

Abi

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hello TobyDog and welcome to the forum

Nice to see another dog in the forum too! I look forward to seeing you in the MK area or at one of the local rapid chargers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts