Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The all new electric super car from Porsche is really an impressive car. I know it's much more expensive than Tesla but this is just a typical Porsche product when it comes to built quality. I love the interior of Porsche Taycan and in my opinion the interior is what makes it different from Tesla Model S. I love the design of Tesla Models S, but dislike the interior. So I believe people who are looking for top premium interior will buy the porsche Taycan. And it is very stunning:

·
Registered
167 Posts
But it’s slower than a Tesla, in spite of being a Porsche?
The Taycan may be faster. I think 0-100km/h there probably won’t be any daylight between them but 0-200km/h the Porsche might take it

Car and driver Taycan quarter mile test

They haven’t tested the Raven S yet but say they’re going to publish those results ‘soon’

Early buyers and the Insideevs site also seem to be reporting range results closer to the WLTP than EPA

I think Porsche have done an admirable job and priced it pretty competitively relative to its Panamera

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,741 Posts
The Taycan may be faster. I think 0-100km/h there probably won’t be any daylight between them but 0-200km/h the Porsche might take it

Car and driver Taycan quarter mile test

They haven’t tested the Raven S yet but say they’re going to publish those results ‘soon’

Early buyers and the Insideevs site also seem to be reporting range results closer to the WLTP than EPA

I think Porsche have done an admirable job and priced it pretty competitively relative to its Panamera
Porsche are in trouble as Tesla are about to release their Plaid mode three motor version of the Model S.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Porsche are in trouble as Tesla are about to release their Plaid mode three motor version of the Model S.
Apparently Motor Trend have a Plaid prototype that they’re going to put head to head with a Turbo S next week. Exciting times

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
847 Posts
Those of us who remember the 1990s will remember a time when the fastest thing on four wheels was the Subaru Impreza WRX STi (or possibly the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo, depending on your loyalties). It would "humiliate" cars with pricetags many multiples higher.

To declare those cars "better" than the Ferraris, Porsches, and suchlike that they could beat is as much nonsense as declaring the Tesla Model S as better than the Taycan.

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
I assume "carnewslive" doesn't actually own one and is just trying to get people to subscribe to their feed.

Anyway, good there is choice at the over £100K price bracket - I guess?

We got our USA Model S when you could buy a new 60 for $66K plus options (we subsequently got deals to upgrade to 75 and FSD ?) So, I can't really see much point comparing ours to the Taycan, but the inside is too busy for me. Maybe more dials and knobs = more macho? I can't see SWMBO liking it ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I assume "carnewslive" doesn't actually own one and is just trying to get people to subscribe to their feed.

Anyway, good there is choice at the over £100K price bracket - I guess?

We got our USA Model S when you could buy a new 60 for $66K plus options (we subsequently got deals to upgrade to 75 and FSD ?) So, I can't really see much point comparing ours to the Taycan, but the inside is too busy for me. Maybe more dials and knobs = more macho? I can't see SWMBO liking it ?
I can't afford a Taycan as much as I wont too. The Model 3, Mustang Mac E, Etron sportback is what I'm looking at.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,257 Posts
But going really fast in a straight line isn't what the Taycan is all about. Why do people keep comparing the S with the Taycan? They are different market.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo, depending on your loyalties). It would "humiliate" cars with pricetags many multiples higher.
Remember on Top Gear when a base model Stilo 1.6 estate was faster than the Evo, when both cars started from a rolling start in 5th gear?

About 1 min in

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,741 Posts
But going really fast in a straight line isn't what the Taycan is all about. Why do people keep comparing the S with the Taycan? They are different market.
Why do you think it’s being tested at the Nordschleife?

The Model 3 still holds the production car record at Laguna Seca.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,257 Posts
Why do you think it’s being tested at the Nordschleife?

The Model 3 still holds the production car record at Laguna Seca.

So still different market, now your comparing the 3?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts