·
Registered
vauxhall corsa e elite nav
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
30,273 Posts
Another $bn investment thrown into this sort of thing. A lot of money sloshing around at the moment, just looking for investments.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I wonder how much of this mega-Seed-Cash, thrown at relatively small outfits begun by clever professors, is thrown at them out of fear? Fear that you, the owner/directors of a large & successful Corp, might miss the golden-opportunity/golden-goose this start-up might, just might, be responsible for? Suppose this new bunch do have the fundamental patents to the tech needed to operate a successful world-wide product for next 20 years, can you afford to miss out on it?

Plenty of precedent for this; buy-up the rights to NimH tech, and suppress the use of this in EVs that competes with your present tech. = Short-term sticky plaster approach doomed to fail eventually, but, hey, so long as my pension's funded, that's all I care about! Sod the next lot...

MPEG patents - buy up the patent-ownership to s'ware used world-wide to reduce size of videos on computer to manageable size, then go round the world charging everyone else already using it a shed-load of money. A very profitable money-spinner, that one.

We may be about to see similar with Huawei and their 5G patents on Cell-compression (or some such name) that implements efficient noise-reduction in transmitted data; I think there's an alternative algorithm out though, so some compromise is/has been reached to share this stuff both ways. Phew!

The EV battery market is going to be so colossal, that serious players simply cannot afford to miss out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts