Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 7001 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I picked up my i3 from EVEZY last week and thought we could all do with a place to share experiences and answer any questions people may have about the process.

First some background

EVEZY are a short term electric car lease company with a unique business model.

1) You rent the car month by month, no deposit and no minimum term (well a month minimum technically but you pay in advance)
2) Rental includes insurance (£1000 excess though in fault claims) up to 1000 miles. month, tax and all maintenance costs
3) you do not get a key, you use an app to lock and unlock the car.
4) You can pick cars up and drop them off and "depots" around the country.

You can use a referral code (see below ;) ) to get £50 off your first month.

My experiences so far.

I phoned on Wednesday and asked for a 120 i3. No problems at all; arranged pickup the next day from Windsor

Took the train to Windsor only to realise it is a 4 mile trip to the pickup point, I stupidly decided to walk. The pickup point is not obvious and is actually someone's house (the cars are all parked in a big yard) There were at least 3 i3s and a few Zoes there as well.

Once I find the car (the reg is on the app) it connect to the app via bluetooth and a button unlocks the car. The car was brand new and still had the plastic seat covers on so I was pleasantly surprised (note there is no guarantee that this will always be the case.)

The only hitch was that the 3 pin cable to charge the car is in the front boot and the button on the app did not seem to work. I phoned them and it is a known problem that they are working on (hint to EVEZY, if this is an issue don't put the charging cable in the boot!) Fortunately I RTFM and found the emergency release wire in the cabin so used that to open and move the cable into the back boot.

Car is great, there is a dash-cam but you soon forget about that, otherwise it is just like a normal i3. When I got home I was able to activate the BMW connected app and set preconditioning times etc so that all works like a normal car.

Overall I am very impressed, the lease is cheaper than most other places and far more flexible, it also includes insurance so that is another saving. My only concern is the app but it is working fine so far. I have only had to enter the password once but do now carry my reading glasses everywhere I go!

My referral code is in my sig. I know others have codes as well so feel free to contribute and people can pick a code at random!

Please feel free to ask any more questions if you have them.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thanks for this, very useful. Do you have to commit to a certain term or can you renew on a month by month basis?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it is month by month. I think you have to give 10 days notice and you are responsible for dropping the car off.

·
Registered
VW ID3
138 Posts
Simon smith has vlogged his 1 month experience with a Zoe from EVezy,
including the pickup and "virtual car key" app access:

Picking up car : 0:28
App access : 1:30

All the series of videos:
simon smith [YouTube]

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Thanks for the write up I can see me using this if in between cars when this current lease ends.
Is it literally per month or could you do part month after the first one?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
We're doing this until the cheap M3 is available in the UK.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To answer some questions....

Thanks for the write up I can see me using this if in between cars when this current lease ends.
Is it literally per month or could you do part month after the first one?
Yes monthly only

Collection is available for a fee.
yes it was £200 or so to deliver to Worthing!

Out of interest, what happens if you can't get a 'phone signal? Can the app connect to the car with wifi if there's no signal?
No need for signal. As long as you connect via wifi or 3g once a day it caches the access code for the day. ( I have not needed to log into the app it just seems to work so far) Connects to car via bluetooth so does not matter if you have no signal.

Of you lose/damage your phone you have to phone them (I know!) and they can unlock the car remotely.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I emailed them the other day with a list of questions, unfortunately they have no Ioniq's which we need as a family so we're out for now but it's exciting to see where it's going. I asked them about a few random different things and they were pretty responsive.

• Your tyres are covered for wear and tear and punctures etc.
  • They review prices once a year, so hopefully no price rises whilst in the midst of using it. (Although unsure whether that's once within 12 months of you having it, or say every April at the start of the financial year).
  • New Leafs coming late this month/early April.

I don't know how they're financed or how they manage to offer such low monthlies, with no deposit, and everything chucked in. That kind of worries me that one day it might all go kaput and they demand their car back and you'll be snookered but it's definitely a model I'm interested in.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I emailed them the other day with a list of questions, unfortunately they have no Ioniq's which we need as a family so we're out for now but it's exciting to see where it's going. I asked them about a few random different things and they were pretty responsive.

• Your tyres are covered for wear and tear and punctures etc.
  • They review prices once a year, so hopefully no price rises whilst in the midst of using it. (Although unsure whether that's once within 12 months of you having it, or say every April at the start of the financial year).
  • New Leafs coming late this month/early April.

I don't know how they're financed or how they manage to offer such low monthlies, with no deposit, and everything chucked in. That kind of worries me that one day it might all go kaput and they demand their car back and you'll be snookered but it's definitely a model I'm interested in.
Other than potentially having to find a replacement car at short notice, there's no real problem if they do disappear. It's not like you've got any financial commitment. They're taking all the risks.

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
I think that if they find a way of making this profitable it is going to be a fantastic resource, making all sorts of options possible. Biggest problem at the mo is the very limited range of cars available.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think that if they find a way of making this profitable it is going to be a fantastic resource, making all sorts of options possible. Biggest problem at the mo is the very limited range of cars available.
I think with a lot of startups, they won't be looking at profit initially, more prove the concept to feasible and then revenue, to keep the funding rolling in. Not to dissimilar to Tesla in that respect. 4 profitable quarters in 15 years is crazy, really.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,614 Posts
I am now into my second month with EVezy and have been very happy with their service. I got £50 off my second months subscription because someone used my referral code. I haven’t yet found out who it was so if it’s a member of this forum don’t hesitate to let me know so that I can thank you!

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,614 Posts
I’m hoping they will continue to add new vehicles to their fleet as they come out such as the new Zoe and the Peugeot 208 ev. Model 3 would be nice too, especially if it was at a reasonable price. With their subscription model, you can change your vehicle every month, so if the M3 is a bit too pricey you could always treat yourself to a month with it. Maybe take a couple of weeks off work and take it on a road trip! EVezy give you 1000 miles per month but you can go up to 1250 and pay 8p per mile on the additional 250 miles.

1 - 20 of 7001 Posts