Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
6881 - 6900 of 6963 Posts

·
Registered
VW ID.3 w/ Onto
44 Posts
VW ID.3 Family and Audi Q4 e-Tron (exact specs/options unknown will both be joining the Onto fleet in the near future!

No pricing or exact specs announced but definitely looking forward to seeing what’s on offer.

You can bet they’ll be priced somewhere between the current ID.3 and the Tesla Model 3, but details are yet to come.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 w/ Onto
44 Posts
An update to this, the CEO of Onto has today confirmed the trim/spec and pricing for the two new models, as well as saying availability is likely to be September (possibly earlier for the ID.3)

The models coming to the Onto fleet will be:
Volkswagen ID3 Family Pro Performance (with 19" Andoya alloy wheels) - £589 per month
Audi Q4 e-tron 40 S Line (with Comfort & Sound Package) - £999 per month

Note that neither is available to order or swap to today, that's to be announced later on.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is this still a thing? Is supply good. Not fussy on the car but need a long term rental asap.

I heard about this company ages ago and assumed it was a placeholder for some future business, as there waiting lists were long. Has anything changed?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, it's very much a thing and growing. They just received a major investment to help scale up.

On the flip side, they're so popular that some supply has dried up. There's no sign-up fee IIRC so could be worth doing and see what's available for delivery to your area.

Elmo is their main competitor but I've not heard much about them lately.

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
3,507 Posts
Is this still a thing? Is supply good. Not fussy on the car but need a long term rental asap.
Currently available to book (dependent on delivery postcode and date):

(I would probably suggest giving them a call to see if they can advise what’s available in your area now.)

·
Registered
Elmo Referral: AdamT50 (£50 off one month for both of us)
395 Posts
Elmo is their main competitor but I've not heard much about them lately.
Still good, they only seem to have the Zoe in stock at the moment as they too had lots of interest. Don't think there's been much of excitement to report from either myself or @alegar recently!

Edit: They did add my second driver within 15 minutes at the end of last week, so that was good!

·
Registered
VW ID.3 w/ Onto
44 Posts
I heard about this company ages ago and assumed it was a placeholder for some future business, as there waiting lists were long. Has anything changed?
You can potentially get a car in a few days if you get lucky or aren't fussy about which model, they're getting more stock in fairly consistently at the moment and some of that goes to existing folk which then potentially return something older which can be made available.

Last night I was told I could get an ID.3 next week but I was too slow on saying yes and it got booked by someone else, so had to settle for one at the end of the month.

·
Registered
685 Posts

We have recently started using them agian for 1-3 month rentals to coincide with specific scheduled travel trips. It's going well.

Before that, we used them as experiment to try an EV as a day-to-day car.

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,609 Posts
Still good, they only seem to have the Zoe in stock at the moment as they too had lots of interest. Don't think there's been much of excitement to report from either myself or @alegar recently!

Edit: They did add my second driver within 15 minutes at the end of last week, so that was good!
Any news on the Fiat 500e?

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
Registered
Jaguar i-Pace 21MY
1,778 Posts
Last night I was told I could get an ID.3 next week
Seem to be a number of ID.3 dates and availability in Oxfordshire for 9 Aug onwards. Depends what part of country people are in as stock is held at different logistics centres.

Reactions: E7EV and tyson

·
Registered
Elmo Referral: AdamT50 (£50 off one month for both of us)
395 Posts
Where'd you get the info and any idea of prices? Always thought the MG5 would be a good budget option to compete with the Zoe but it would then need to be actually budget priced.

£429 for the Excite and £449 for the Exclusive.

Note that BP Charging is an optional extra for £10/month and the prices above are only for 800 miles.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Do all of onto’s cars still not come with keys leaving you reliant on the app? Biggest thing that puts me off tbh.

6881 - 6900 of 6963 Posts